The Ashes, First Test Australia v England @ The Gabba 8-12 December

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta remember to take my phone charger into work so I can "sneakily" stream the cricket all day.

Bit cloudy here at the moment hopefully it stays away and we get a full day in. Supposedly storms forecast for the arvo

I'd like to see Cummins give Green a few overs early, probably after Starc's initial spell.
I'd love to see Green have an early crack at it, if strac goes for a few early, I'd take him off immediately, don't waste the conditions.

Hopefully they start a half hour earlier each to potentially make up some of the overs we’ll lose, forecast does look grim though.

How good does Day 1 of a test summer feel? Like Christmas when I was a kid.
Shouldve moved it to perf

I'd love to see Green have an early crack at it, if strac goes for a few early, I'd take him off immediately, don't waste the conditions.

It may be that the ball is seaming all over the place and you just want to get cummins and hazelwood rolling, but otherwise I think it makes sense to give Green a few overs early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may be that the ball is seaming all over the place and you just want to get cummins and hazelwood rolling, but otherwise I think it makes sense to give Green a few overs early.
Honestly don't think starc should even be there, if he wasn't left handed I don't think he plays.

I am predicting a draw. I don't think Australia nor England have the fire power to bowl each other out twice if the pitch becomes a road.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Weather could definitely cause that but lack of fire power?
Cummins, Hazlewood are two of the best bowlers in the world and despite his flaws Starc doesn’t lack firepower.

Not to mention both teams have bigquestion marks over batting depth. Wouldn’t be surprised to see either team collapse in a heap

Cummins, Hazlewood are two of the best bowlers in the world and despite his flaws Starc doesn’t lack firepower.

Not to mention both teams have bigquestion marks over batting depth. Wouldn’t be surprised to see either team collapse in a heap
They are only two. Both Lyon and Starc aren't in form. Which means Australia need to rely on Hazlewood and Cummins cashing in and neither could dominant the Indians last summer. Australia also hasn't played a test series in a long time where England have. So I think its a very eve contest.

Clearly, batting is the issue for both sides, not bowling.

They are only two. Both Lyon and Starc aren't in form. Which means Australia need to rely on Hazlewood and Cummins cashing in and neither could dominant the Indians last summer. Australia also hasn't played a test series in a long time where England have. So I think its a very eve contest.

Lyon has flown under the radar, they'd never drop him.

Yes, that was a bad decision.
But nowhere near as bad as the subsequent atrocious LBW decision by the umpire.

It looked close to missing leg. I can see why it was given not out.

The Paine decision was to refer a LBW that pitched 2 feet outside off, it didn't even hit him in line, and Cummins himself told him there is no way it pitched in line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back