Toby Greene- let’s show some love

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a team that doesn't want Toby on their playing list?

How’s the umpire in the fourth quarter telling him to get up after a contest. Outrageous how they treat him… when I say that, it’s the frees that he doesn’t get that he should be getting.

If I'm building a side from the ground up, he'd be in the first five players I'd pick.

How about MVP ??? He should be, I reckon.

The MVP usually goes to the midfielder who received the most Brownlow hype, but Greene has been the equal of Bont, Trac and Daicos this season.

Anyone who doesn't realise by now that this bloke is one of the Top 5 players in the AFL has their head up their arse.

Virtually impossible for half forward flankers and small forwards to be "consistent" on a weekly basis in the AFL. They get starved of action for long periods and the best ones have to wear a close-checking defender. Somehow Greene manages to be a consistent goal-kicking gun for the Giants. He's the 'man' up forward. Very rare for a non-key forward

He's been doing it for a long time, too.

Amazing player. So smart. So skilful.

Last edited:
How about MVP ??? He should be, I reckon.

The MVP usually goes to the midfielder who received the most Brownlow hype, but Greene has been the equal of Bont, Trac and Daicos this season.

Anyone who doesn't realise by now that this bloke is one of the Top 5 players in the AFL has their head up their arse.

Virtually impossible for half forward flankers and small forwards to be "consistent" on a weekly basis in the AFL. They get starved of action for long periods and the best ones have to wear a close-checking defender. Somehow Greene manages to be a consistent goal-kicking gun for the Giants. He's the man up forward. Very rare for a non-key forward

He's been doing it for a long time, too.

Amazing player. So smart. So skilful.
Absolutely should be MVP and AA captain. Having an unbelievable season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely should be MVP and AA captain. Having an unbelievable season.

Saad did a good job on him earlier in the year.

Greene was kept goalless by Blake Hardwick a few weeks ago. The only time this season. But the hard-nosed Hawks defender had his work cut out all day long. Kept him in check, but Greene was always dangerous, always busy, ferreting away in the packs, feeding it out... and he managed to set up a couple of vital goals in their narrow 13 point win.

Amazing consistency from the Giants small forward.

Rd 01... v Adel... 19 disposals... 4 goals... 1 assist.. 104 pts... 9 votes
Rd 02... v WCE... 18 disposals... 4 goals... 1 assist... 97 pts... 3 votes
Rd 03... v Carl..... 5 disposals.... 1 goal.... 1 assist.... 40 pts
Rd 04... v Ess.... 18 disposals... 2 goals... 2 assists... 91 pts
Rd 05... v Haw... 24 disposals... 3 goals... 0 assists.. 120 pts... 7 votes
Rd 06... v Bris.... 22 disposals... 2 goals... 1 assist... 101 pts
Rd 07... v Syd.... 22 disposals... 4 goals... 2 assists.. 114 pts.. 10 votes
Rd 08... v W.B...
Rd 09... v Coll...
Rd 10... v St K... 16 disposals... 2 goals... 4 assists... 70 pts
Rd 11... v Geel... 19 disposals... 4 goals... 0 assists.. 121 pts... 9 votes
Rd 12... v Rich... 14 disposals... 3 goals... 1 assist..... 83 pts
Rd 13... v N.M.... 24 disposals... 3 goals... 0 assists.. 119 pts... 9 votes
Rd 14... v Freo... 16 disposals... 4 goals... 1 assist..... 98 pts... 5 votes
Rd 15... bye
Rd 16... v Melb... 20 disposals... 2 goals... 0 assists.. 69 pts
Rd 17... v Haw... 17 disposals... 0 goals... 2 assists... 81 pts
Rd 18... v Adel... 20 disposals... 3 goals... 1 assist.... 97 pts... 6 votes
Rd 19... v G.C.... 14 disposals... 3 goals... 0 assists... 98 pts... 6 votes
Rd 20... v W.B.... 19 disposals... 5 goals... 1 assist.. 106 pts... 10 votes?

Last edited:
Needs a big tale end to his career with 50+ goals to get close to the Eddie Betts tally.
If he can drag his side into numerous finals over the coming years, opens up the discussions for top 5 greatest small forwards.

AA Captain, gets some recognition. If only he found a way to win the Coleman. And also a Brownlow.
He needs to turn up in some big finals now to frank his year. He's been pretty poor in the three finals I've been to where GWS were playing. In fact I'm yet to see him kick a goal in the finals I've attended - hopefully he shows up next Saturday at the G.

Buckle up people, AFL "building a narrative' here. Maybe the Giants can have another fairytale journey to the big day? Lots of marketing dept memes about their crap song again.

Bontempelli the best player in the league, AFLPA MVP (and second in the Coaches award), acknowledged as a fine leader and should take out the Brownlow as the fairest and best player going around. His years and years of leadership and exemplary play is rewarded by being made vice captain to a fwit who used to kick his opponents and had multiple gouging suspensions.

No doubt Greene is a damaging player but he's not a captains a-hole, and one season of not getting caught is no qualification for captaincy. He was laughing on the night that he had lied about Weitering gouging him so he's still a s**t bloke.

Those genuises at AFL house at it again.

He will play a rippa tonight :thumbsu:
Big stage. Do or die, Toby's in for a big one.
If anything he hasn't had to have his absolutely dominant games to get GWS wins. Plenty of others are stepping up. He is still stepping in at timely moments to keep those forward momentum surges going, that usually end in scores.

34 disposals, 9 marks, 11 inside 50s, 18 score involvements, 4 goals and 2 assists from the first two finals. Tidy work as the roaming/mobile forward (small/medium/tall? He plays all three roles).

The Giants mojo at the moment inevitably has been bred from Greene's leadership and play throughout the year. He's not overawed, so nor are they. I have no doubt he's contributed to the development of fellow smalls Daniels and Riccardi. They have great chemistry together now so if you try to double team Greene, the others are open.

If anything he hasn't had to have his absolutely dominant games to get GWS wins. Plenty of others are stepping up. He is still stepping in at timely moments to keep those forward momentum surges going, that usually end in scores.

34 disposals, 9 marks, 11 inside 50s, 18 score involvements, 4 goals and 2 assists so far. Tidy work as the roaming/mobile forward (small/medium/tall? He plays all three roles).

The Giants mojo at the moment inevitably has been bred from Greene's leadership and play throughout the year. He's not overawed, so nor are they.
Both games has stood out when it mattered as well, tonight early on and the kicked the sealer, he also has developed that presence that draws attention and is more than willing to be unselfish.

Both games has stood out when it mattered as well, tonight early on and the kicked the sealer, he also has developed that presence that draws attention and is more than willing to be unselfish.
Spot on, he's even doing dummy leads to let the others out the back, or the flick on, or clever handball. The play rarely dies when it's in his area. Has a good footy brain in that regard.

Greene vs Maynard next week? Could be feisty.

Spot on, he's even doing dummy leads to let the others out the back, or the flick on, or clever handball. The play rarely dies when it's in his area. Has a good footy brain in that regard.

Greene vs Maynard next week? Could be feisty.
I hope Toby gets in his ear, he will out smart Maynard I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back