Free Agency Ty Vickery [signed with Hawks as RFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

tremendous deal for the tigers, couldn't really have ended up any better.

We got Tassie to pay overs, we got rid of a underperforming player, and we got pick 26.

So next season this becomes "Insufficient force to warrant a suspension"
ON-FwN.gif

Totally agree. We got what we want, you got a good comp pick. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Think he's a chance to thrive for you guys. Can't hold down the 2nd forward role with our chip-chip crap f50 delivery. Give him some good service though and he'll hit that 30 goals a year at a minimum while providing a chop out in the ruck. You just have to back the team to make him want to run back and defend instead of give up.

Yeah, but we knew that the moment we got 19 for Franklin, didn't need this to confirm it.

Yep, but my point is there needs to be another band for the truely elite players- and this just re-inforces that. I'd go one step further and add 2 more bands- 1 before pick 1 (absolute elites) and then one in the mid round. That way you have differences. The Franklin compo was and still is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread title can be updated to "Richmond have not matched the Hawks offer, free agency transaction complete".
Perhaps "Richmond have not matched the Hawks offer, and after a haircut, one free agency transaction complete". It will be interesting to see if the lad thrives or fails.

tremendous deal for the tigers, couldn't really have ended up any better.

We got Tassie to pay overs, we got rid of a underperforming player, and we got pick 26.

think you will find hawks will have a third year option at a very low rate to offset the first 2 years, so rich would get a better compo pick and agree not to match the offer....ie we dont give up anything.....

win / win

Yep, but my point is there needs to be another band for the truely elite players- and this just re-inforces that. I'd go one step further and add 2 more bands- 1 before pick 1 (absolute elites) and then one in the mid round. That way you have differences. The Franklin compo was and still is a joke.

There is the ability for the AFL to override the standard calculations. They chose not to with Buddy.

We could have got Boyd or Bont. Or maybe even Matthew Scharenberg !

There is the ability for the AFL to override the standard calculations. They chose not to with Buddy.

We could have got Boyd or Bont. Or maybe even Matthew Scharenberg !

Yep and usually I wouldn't have an issue with a side missing compensation that is doing well, but come on you should get somewhere near what's fair. Think about this, what would have Franklin cost in a trade? That is at least what you should get under FA in my view, or at least close to it.

Oh yeah. Hawthorn are definitely everyones second team. Neutrals love them and will be yearning for Ty to succeed...
They will mate for sure.
Nothing bf likes better than a Richmond troll.
Bay will loaded if he comes good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back