U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

going on the w/e's form MHS would have 2 go in favourites but p/c will deffinetely make a contest of it!!!

bentleigh will be to strong for peninsula after cuming down a division!!!

hampton will cruize by 40+ points over the vultures

De La Salle will like there chances at home against the uni boys and will be keen to redeem them selves!!!

& well ajax who knows who will turn up!! 1 week they r hot 1 week they r down (going on last years form) but after an impressive start ya'd have 2 back the jackas!!!

^ pc will definatly maek a huuuge contest out of it ;)

Ajax will beat St Bedes/Mentone quite convincingly

Peninsula and Bentleigh should be a tight one, Bentleigh marginally even though from all reports they looked ordinary on the weekend, coming down a division you would expect them to get ovet the line.

Hampton to beat Parkdale

Prahran Caulfield will be demolished by MHSOB

Would expect a much better showing from De La, should just get over the Uni Boys

with this stupid 6 on the bench rule i think de la and st.bedes will suffer big time because they will lose what would have been there best to players to the firsts.

TOP 4

MHSOB
Hampton
Ajax
De La Salle

And on the six bench thing effecting the seconds teams, de la and st bedes both have upwards of 10-15 players missing out each week, so the issue of losing there "best two players" is not always going to be a factor, and it is quite often the case in these teams that the best players are the ones who choose to play in the 2's rather than playing 1's, for one reason or another.

Ajax will be the big improver this year..

Ian Fayman [a top A Grade player for the CLub in the 1980's ] is at the helm and he has plenty of talent to work with... and he can teach the young team how to win.:thumbsu:

Ajax will be the big improver this year..

Ian Fayman [a top A Grade player for the CLub in the 1980's ] is at the helm and he has plenty of talent to work with... and he can teach the young team how to win.:thumbsu:
Well they only have 1 VAFA under 19 side. playing in the South 2 Division.
IF they cant go well there, they won't go well anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

top 4 in order

MHSOB(premiership favourites looking very strong)
Ajax
Peninsula
De La Salle (depending on their 1's side who may have injuries, players taken to seniors or TAC. which would mean average players would play in this side. they could potentially be an average team or grand final contender depending on this)

tips for this week? mine are
MHSOB(will demolish caulf/pra)
Peninsula(don't know anything about them except they had a win last week and bentleigh were supposably ordinary)
Hampton(off the back of a greeat win last week)
De La
Ajax

top 4 in order

MHSOB(premiership favourites looking very strong)
Ajax
Peninsula
De La Salle (depending on their 1's side who may have injuries, players taken to seniors or TAC. which would mean average players would play in this side. they could potentially be an average team or grand final contender depending on this)

tips for this week? mine are
MHSOB(will demolish caulf/pra)
Peninsula(don't know anything about them except they had a win last week and bentleigh were supposably ordinary)
Hampton(off the back of a greeat win last week)
De La
Ajax

Don't know anything about Peninsula but you have tipped them to finish 3rd?? Strange..

Theres no chance De la will ever play an average side because even with injuries there is a huge huge amount of depth and a huge amoutn of players, round one up to 15 players missed out, not including 10 or so who were injured and not including tac boys
Both sides will be very competitive and there is a huge amount of youth coming through the second side

I have been told by a little birdy de la were missing 29 players last week through any of the following reasons:
Injury
TAC cup
Clearance failed to go through in time
Not Selected

So when u pump probably 18 of those players back into their system in the coming weeks both teams will be strengthened considerably. Fair to say the 2's at de la were missing up to 10 of their stronger players on the weekend

Don't know anything about Peninsula but you have tipped them to finish 3rd?? Strange..

i did that because i can't see prahran, hampton, bentleigh, monash or st bedes making the finals and it was either them or parkdale and they beat them. i admit it is entirely possible they coul be rubbish and finish last. it is hard to tell in the 19's comp with at least 15 fresh faces per team each year.

tips for this week are:

Ajax over bedes by 6 goals
MHSOB over prahran/caulfield by 10 goals
Peninsula over bentleigh by 3 goals
parkdale over hampton by 5 goals
de la over monash by 5 goals

a de la conection tell me there are 8 players different this week including 2 from the firsts and 6 who hadn't had clearances go through or other reasons. should be good to see if they bounce back from their beating last week

MHSOBA 12.23 95 def Prahran/Caulfield 11.10 76

Very scrappy game with MHS' inacurate kicking keeping PC in the game.
MHS were ordinary for 3/4's but lead the whole game with PC playing some decent footy.
According to their ass.coach they were ordinary against Hampton last week but nearly got up. So they look like they'l cause teams some problems throughout.

MHSOBA 12.23 95 def Prahran/Caulfield 11.10 76

Very scrappy game with MHS' inacurate kicking keeping PC in the game.
MHS were ordinary for 3/4's but lead the whole game with PC playing some decent footy.
According to their ass.coach they were ordinary against Hampton last week but nearly got up. So they look like they'l cause teams some problems throughout.

Make up your mind. Was it scrappy or decent?

the hype surrounding de la was unjustified - monash accounted for them despite some terrible kicking. monash will be a big player this year - finals are a big chance.

Both Hampton and Monash made the finals last year and easily accounted for Peninsula when they played them last year.

agreed, Monash and Hampton were easily (apart from the nodders) the two most consistant teams in the comp last year. have mates from both teams and they reakon neither have lost many players over pre season, and i reakon both are strong contenders for the flag.

as for peninsula, cant believe that you (vafafan) would rate them in the top 4. think that going off last years form as well as their form this year, you wouldnt pick them for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back