Leagues Ultimate Footy - Keeper Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, time is up for returning coaches. We have 8 returned out of 12, so I am now opening up the remaining teams for interested coaches in this thread initially, and if necessary to the public in UF later tomorrow (so get in quick :)).

Invitation code is https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/485601/invitation

For info, new coaches will take over an existing squad (all 12 teams were pretty competitive last year). After being allocated a team, you will need to confirm your keepers (a maximum of 35 out of your squad of 40) and then we'll conduct a draft to fill the remaining spots in the reverse ladder order from last year. Interested parties Elite Pete and barnabyjones please note.
Ive joined my team name is enormohead

All coaching positions have now been filled and the 4 new coaches have been randomly allocated the teams from non-returning coaches. Enormohead has hit the jackpot by taking over last years premier (so we'll be all aiming for you!), Cittagazze Martens has got last years 3rd placed team, Westside Wranglers has got the 6th placed team while Nish's team takes over the 7th placed one from last year. So all have done pretty well.

You should now be able to see your team and nominate your keepers (the players you wish to retain on your list) by going to Draft / Nominate Keepers. You need to nominate a maximum of 35 keepers out of your squad of 40 (less is ok) keeping at least 5 draft selections. PLEASE NOMINATE YOUR KEEPERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and certainly no later than 28 February, to enable me to confirm keepers for all, process trades (we have 1 so far detailed in our Bigfooty Thread - page 2) and finalise draft order. Note that draft will be conducted as in AFL, in that we will all take turns and those that have less confirmed keepers (more draft picks that the minimum 5) will have their extra picks after we've all had our five, so it pays to retain close to 35 provided of course that they have not retired or been delisted!
Nominal Trade Order for this year (in reverse ladder order) will be:
1. Lyns Lions
2. Dodds Devils
3.BOG BRWB
4. Deadly Dunkleys (though this pick will be traded to BOGBRWB)
5. Lolern Bulldogs
6. Hish's Team
7. Westside Wranglers
8.Northcote Turtles
9. Beenleigh Lions
10 Cittagazze Martens
11. Northern Dogs
12. Enormohead.

Good Luck to all, any questions please ask and please remember to Confirm your keepers as soon as possible (all new coaches and also a couple of returning coaches.)

All coaching positions have now been filled and the 4 new coaches have been randomly allocated the teams from non-returning coaches. Enormohead has hit the jackpot by taking over last years premier (so we'll be all aiming for you!), Cittagazze Martens has got last years 3rd placed team, Westside Wranglers has got the 6th placed team while Nish's team takes over the 7th placed one from last year. So all have done pretty well.

You should now be able to see your team and nominate your keepers (the players you wish to retain on your list) by going to Draft / Nominate Keepers. You need to nominate a maximum of 35 keepers out of your squad of 40 (less is ok) keeping at least 5 draft selections. PLEASE NOMINATE YOUR KEEPERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and certainly no later than 28 February, to enable me to confirm keepers for all, process trades (we have 1 so far detailed in our Bigfooty Thread - page 2) and finalise draft order. Note that draft will be conducted as in AFL, in that we will all take turns and those that have less confirmed keepers (more draft picks that the minimum 5) will have their extra picks after we've all had our five, so it pays to retain close to 35 provided of course that they have not retired or been delisted!
Nominal Trade Order for this year (in reverse ladder order) will be:
1. Lyns Lions
2. Dodds Devils
3.BOG BRWB
4. Deadly Dunkleys (though this pick will be traded to BOGBRWB)
5. Lolern Bulldogs
6. Hish's Team
7. Westside Wranglers
8.Northcote Turtles
9. Beenleigh Lions
10 Cittagazze Martens
11. Northern Dogs
12. Enormohead.

Good Luck to all, any questions please ask and please remember to Confirm your keepers as soon as possible (all new coaches and also a couple of returning coaches.)
I just looked at my team and I had no idea who to even cut.

I've only got 32 on my list anyway so I'll probably just keep them all. Will likely confirm today.
Just checkd under View Keeper Selections, which shows all that were on your list. I see you copped a few AFL retirements and delistings from last year - at least that made your delistings easier.

Just a final reminder to all that I will be confirming all teams' keepers this Sunday 28th Feb, so I can commence preparing draft order etc. So, please ensure that your final list of nominated keepers is saved by end of tomorrow (Saturday).
Thanks

I have now confirmed all keeper selections, processed the agreed trade between Deadly Dunkleys and BOG BRWB, and edited the draft order to Reverse Ladder Order. Please note that ANY CHANGES TO KEEPER SELECTIONS WILL NOW NEED TO BE MADE EITHER HERE OR IN A NOTE ON ULTIMATE FOOTY HOME PAGE, AS I WILL NEED TO PROCESS MANUALLY.
You can now see the correct draft order under Draft heading and see the list of currently available players available in the draft under Edit Pre Draft Settings.
Please check that your keeper selections have been carried across correctly.

I have now confirmed all keeper selections, processed the agreed trade between Deadly Dunkleys and BOG BRWB, and edited the draft order to Reverse Ladder Order. Please note that ANY CHANGES TO KEEPER SELECTIONS WILL NOW NEED TO BE MADE EITHER HERE OR IN A NOTE ON ULTIMATE FOOTY HOME PAGE, AS I WILL NEED TO PROCESS MANUALLY.
You can now see the correct draft order under Draft heading and see the list of currently available players available in the draft under Edit Pre Draft Settings.
Please check that your keeper selections have been carried across correctly.

There are 3 sides with a ridiculous amount of delistings. Players like Selwood, Walters, Curnow, Polec, I Smith, Caddy, J McGovern, H Greenwood,T Phillps, Heeny, Parfitt, Petrevski-Seton and more. Wtf?

Hish's Team
LYN'S Lions
Dodds Devils

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 3 sides with a ridiculous amount of delistings. Players like Selwood, Walters, Curnow, Polec, I Smith, Caddy, J McGovern, H Greenwood,T Phillps, Heeny, Parfitt, Petrevski-Seton and more. Wtf?

Hish's Team
LYN'S Lions
Dodds Devils
Yes, I know and these 3 teams have not posted on this thread, so I can't contact them. I did suggest to Hish through UF after he did his delistings that he may want to have a further look as Nat Fyfe wasnt being kept. He then added Fyfe to keepers. I'm hoping that all 3 might realize what they've done and promptly ask to reassess before the draft. There is always the possibility that if 2 teams are non-competitive this year that we can fold them and revert to a 10 team league next year. (the other 2 teams made no contact last year or this...)

Think we should consider either folding them now or allocate those players back. They will completely destroy the teams anyway while we take those players. They could have traded those players for good and decent picks. I think we need to reasses having those coaches. Could be a simple error in being new to the site, but that's why we need to be able to contact them.

Think we should consider either folding them now or allocate those players back. They will completely destroy the teams anyway while we take those players. They could have traded those players for good and decent picks. I think we need to reasses having those coaches. Could be a simple error in being new to the site, but that's why we need to be able to contact them.

To fold the teams now would not be ideal as all draft pick allocations, keeper nominations etc would be lost, so we'd be back to square one. Hish is new this year, but the other 2 played last year as Margate Bombers and Margate Lions. It's probably their first year at keeper nominations though. If it turns out a team or 2 is uncompetitive, I'm happy to reduce the number of teams next year and / or allocating a couple of priority draft picks (GWS and Gold Coast style:)). We have 8 people watching this thread now, so the majority are keen to be active coaches.

I've just added another note in UF suggesting that the 3 teams in question contact me urgently if they want to be more competitive by adding more keepers.

Hish's Team
LYN'S Lions
Dodds Devils
Going to be quite a big advantage for those with early picks by the looks of it

Going to be quite a big advantage for those with early picks by the looks of it

I still believe the best way to deal with this is use common sense and allocate them all back. Delist their bottom 6. For the benifit of the league we can't allow this to happen. Considering we are doing a live draft anyways we have time to sort it.

Take away their teams. Repost there is teams available and dont make the invite code public. PM it to them. We need to have contact with all coaches

I still believe the best way to deal with this is use common sense and allocate them all back. Delist their bottom 6. For the benifit of the league we can't allow this to happen. Considering we are doing a live draft anyways we have time to sort it.

Take away their teams. Repost there is teams available and dont make the invite code public. PM it to them. We need to have contact with all coaches
That would be the most sensible solution we'd just have to hope we can find 3 willing coaches before the season starts

I quite like the idea of allocating their keepers for them and delisting bottom 6 for each. I think we might struggle to get more interested coaches at this stage, as I tried posting on a couple of BF threads earlier but then had to make league public. We got 2 from BF threads and remaining 2 from making league public (luckily 1 of these (Southern Aurora - Westside Wranglers) is a keen coach:))

How about I give the 3 coaches in question until tomorrow night to advise of additional keepers and if no response, I'll build them up to 34 keepers each. This will keep the league competitive this year at least.

Do all agree with this?

I quite like the idea of allocating their keepers for them and delisting bottom 6 for each. I think we might struggle to get more interested coaches at this stage, as I tried posting on a couple of BF threads earlier but then had to make league public. We got 2 from BF threads and remaining 2 from making league public (luckily 1 of these (Southern Aurora - Westside Wranglers) is a keen coach:))

How about I give the 3 coaches in question until tomorrow night to advise of additional keepers and if no response, I'll build them up to 34 keepers each. This will keep the league competitive this year at least.

Do all agree with this?
I'm happy with this approach. I think things get a bit complicated if we reduce to 10 teams at this late stage seeing as everyone has already nominated their keepers as I'd imagine some of the remaining teams would like to drop some additional players in order to capitalise on what would be a deeper draft than originally planned.

Do all agree with this?

Yep. Even if they aren’t active it won’t matter as long as the players aren’t randomly delisted. Just set and forget them and then advertise them as at least semi-useful teams coming into 2022 or fold the league back to 10 next year. Cheers

They probably won’t turn up on Draft Night though so you may need to take their picks for them or set them to autopick the preranked players. Better if you can pick for them Northern Dogs so those teams don’t fall out of balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back