shake_and_bake

All Australian
Jul 4, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
australian cricket team
10:40am start gates open at 10:30 so expect a few people to get there early and have a look,

Anthony Rocca looks set to be playing aswell so it should be a good game but i think they have a full side to pick from so it might be a tough game for our boys

Looking forward to this one shaker, will be good to see how our boys go against another AFL affiliated club.

Looking forward to this one shaker, will be good to see how our boys go against another AFL affiliated club.

yep me too i love the curtain raiser days they are the best.

i still think they will be to strong but i just want to see the young players and see how they are tracking

They should do it for every Skilled game. Only 8 times a year, so I'm sure the VFL could work out a schedule around it. Would be the best ground going around in the VFL. I guess the time slot is the only problem.

D Johnson back this week?

Yep DJ Is playing.

Someone is down injured, not sure who it is though.

Geelong - 26
Collingwood - 35

Half Time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea. Just heard it on Coodabeens. They said he was tackled and didn't get up, play stopped for ~10 minutes.

I'm afraid not. It looked to be a badly broken leg. :(

Nine points down at half time.

All emergencies playing.

I got told it was a broken leg. Shattering for the poor bloke :(:thumbsdown:

So who was our best ruckman today? Given Ottens sounds like he will be out for a while, if not the season, do we promote Mumford? Or is West good to go?:mad:

Firstly PremiersAtLast....Mumford played chb on Rocca and killed him but got injured in the last quarter as did Dawson simpson so West is our only option.

On the game we did well i thought our skills were atrocous but we played with 16 or 17 players for most of the last quarter and only had 2 on the bench from half time so we did well, they had a good side in with blokes like Rocca, Dawes, Corrie, McCaffer in there forward line and Stanley, Cook, Bryan, Wood and other good players in there middle.

Mitch Brown - Unfortunatly out for the year with a broken leg and will take some time and confidence coming back from this, terrible news for sucha young and exciting player. hope the recovery goes well and hope he smashes the upper body weights when he is right to do some stuff.

Kane Tenace - Thought he was good today, a couple of times he turned the ball over by foot but i didnt think he was too bad.

Trent West - Battled hard in the ruck against 2 good opponents. will play afl next week so needs to stand up.

Dawson Simpson - still not even up to it at vfl level yet imo, will take time but needs to do more at vfl level in his 2nd year. Did his ankle in the last quarter so he will be out for a little bit i would think.

Shannon Byrnes - Tried real hard as he normally does but skills weren't any better today, probably worse than normal but i think in the vfl he tries to take to many people on and he is a bit of a hog around goals, cant fault his effort though

Nathan Djerkurra - Seems to have found a spot in the backline, i love it because he is as hard as nails and is a very good defensive player, played pretty well today.

Adam Donohue - Good early, got belted a couple of times in some contests and didnt look good running around in the last quarter but we only had 16 players at that stage.

Tom Gillies - Didnt even see him, saw him start the game but must of went off injured early.

David Johnson - I do love this bloke even though he is not a favorite to most supporters, courageous and reads the play well, that was no different today, came on and off the ground and ended up playing forward, good to see him back

Dan McKenna - I can honestly say he did nothing because i didnt even really see him. Heard he didnt do much last week either so not a good start to his vfl season.

Brodie Moles - This was very weird because i saw him warm up i was watching him and saw him go to the bench at the start of the game but he never played the match??? would love to know what happened we really missed him.

Jeremy Laidler - Fast becoming a crowd favorite. He was really impressive today he had to play on Chris Dawes most of the day and he did well. Took some great marks and uses the ball well, need to get him off the rookie list immediatly.

Taylor Hunt - Dissapointing, didnt get much of the ball, cant really comment because i didnt see much of him

Shane Mumford - Was absolutly killing Rocca bot did a calf i think so he will be missed especially as he would of been Ottens replacement next week. Had a real good pre season

Tom Alwright - didnt really notice him so cant comment

Scott Simpson didnt play, neither did Moles.

No idea. Just heard it on Coodabeens. They said he was tackled and didn't get up, play stopped for ~10 minutes.

Any idea how the injury was sustained?

Took a mark on a lead, got coat hangered and his leg probably buckled underneath him.

On another note, what was with the last quarter going for only 19 minutes, when all the other quarters went 25 minutes plus? Wasn't like it was going to cut into the seniors, since there was an hour between the two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back