• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If they didn't though it's likely that Hopper lands at the cats and we don't get Bruhn. If we don't get Bruhn then decent chance Henry (Bruhns best mate) maybe doesn't go for the trade that year.

GWS didn't just get the picks either. They got the cap space and the on field flexibility to rebalance their list and game style

You could argue Richmond played a big part in the rebuild of both gws and the cats
I like the way you think!

Every time im sad about this year i remember that thanks to the idiocy of some idiot at rich offering hopper 7 years, we will have 10 + years of A grade bruhn and henry and richmond will have overpaid for not even half the output. It makes me smile.

Think Paddy showed in the last 1/4 who our best mid is.

Paddy is but he is very much close to the end (ie he can only do it occassionally now).

Bruhn will very much be our best mid in 2-3 years although i think knevitt will be very good and i have hopes for clark if fit.

The problem for patty though is the other quarters
Paddy is but he is very much close to the end (ie he can only do it occassionally now).

Bruhn will very much be our best mid in 2-3 years although i think knevitt will be very good and i have hopes for clark if fit.

I hope our best mid in 2-3 years isn’t yet at the club. Or we might be in a fair bit of trouble.

I hope our best mid in 2-3 years isn’t yet at the club. Or we might be in a fair bit of trouble.

Well we will have a lot of cap space to spend on FAs if that comforts you. But for now tanner is very much our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they didn't though it's likely that Hopper lands at the cats and we don't get Bruhn. If we don't get Bruhn then decent chance Henry (Bruhns best mate) maybe doesn't go for the trade that year.

GWS didn't just get the picks either. They got the cap space and the on field flexibility to rebalance their list and game style

You could argue Richmond played a big part in the rebuild of both gws and the cats
So what you're saying is when they're both premiership players and Jhye Clark is a premiership captain; we get to thank....the Tigers?

The gift that keeps on giving.

Glass half full vs Glass half empty.

If in 2-3 years Holmes, Bruhn, Clark & Knevitt can be anything like Rozee, Butters & JHF then we'll be more than fine. Particularly if Conway comes on as hoped to add to that.

Remember, they looked very similar at the same point in their careers too.

Even as recently as last year, Port supporters were saying Butters had gone backwards and Rozee was a flakey half forward flanker.

Heck there was one early this year saying Butters was closer to Sam Gray than he was Robbie Gray.

The development of kids takes time, and I can understand after being so 'mature' for so long that some of our supporters have forgotten what that looks like. It's a slow burn for those first 60-80 games.

Bartel, Corey, Ablett & Ling weren't the quartet that we know and love early days either.

I have full faith that Conway, Bruhn, Holmes, Clark & Knevitt will be the bones of a Geelong premiership midfield one day.

Whether we add or subtract to that will depend on development. Like how we added a bloke named Joel Selwood to the aforementioned quartet...but we won't know that for a few years yet.

All we know is that the early signs are good.

I think those Port midfielders showed elite ability from the very start. I think only Holmes has that on Geelong’s list (Clark can’t be judged yet).

Bruhn is a good player but I don’t see him ever reaching those heights.

I think to meld a Premiership midfield out of this group we are missing one very special player. What we have is great compliments to a star or two.

I think those Port midfielders showed elite ability from the very start. I think only Holmes has that on Geelong’s list (Clark can’t be judged yet).

I think to meld a Premiership midfield out of this group we are missing one very special player. What we have is great compliments to a star or two.
It's not that far off though. They've gone and added 2 players credential as elite in that 2018 draft with another top tier winger. We've added Holmes and Clark and I think Knevitt really just had to add size.

Outside that who have they drafted that has come on quick? Jones was an academy gift and I like him but wouldn't say he's elite. Spp has been a slow burn, Georgiades too.

On jhf - they didn't draft him, they traded for him. If we were to replicate that success we'd need to do it at the trade table too.

So what you're saying is when they're both premiership players and Jhye Clark is a premiership captain; we get to thank....the Tigers?

The gift that keeps on giving.

Thank the tigers for bruhn and henry (also thank hawthorn with mitchell) and thank gcs terrible contracts for clark.

When I look at the way Rozee, Butter and JHF spread and get involved in general play and compare it to Bruhn I still worry about his outside game (and he didn't even have one clearance last night).

There have been some good signs this year for him without it really all coming together in one breakout game.

He and Holmes will really need to have a big preseason and go up another level or two next year... Hoping they both can.

Holmes will be special. We need an accumulator though. Holmes, Tanner, and Clark are an amazing foundation for our future mids. We just need someone who can get 30 a game with ease though.

We have Willis, Kroeger and Clohesy as young mids in the ranks too, but I don't think any of them will be the accumulator we need.

When I look at the way Rozee, Butter and JHF spread and get involved in general play and compare it to Bruhn I still worry about his outside game (and he didn't even have one clearance last night).

There have been some good signs this year for him without it really all coming together in one breakout game.

He and Holmes will really need to have a big preseason and go up another level or two next year... Hoping they both can.
Sure, but it's a slightly unfair comparison on Bruhn IMO.

Butters is third in the Coaches' Votes before this round.
Rozee is the reigning Port Adelaide B and F. They are both two years older than Bruhn.
Horne-Francis is the same age, but is a number one pick.

Guys like Bruhn, Holmes, Knevitt and Ollie Henry - the sort of guys taken between 15 and 25 - often have a good one-wood attribute, but aren't as well-rounded as the players taken in the top ten. They may well get there, but they're coming from a reasonable way back.

Well we will have a lot of cap space to spend on FAs if that comforts you. But for now tanner is very much our future.

I’m sure he will be. But he shouldn’t be our best mid. He’s a workhorse that will be part of a group. But we need more top shelf class if we are going to challenge again.

Back