Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Word on the street is that Sam is going to play players in positions to maximize their strengths. Denver’s strengths are his reading of the play, his competitiveness and aggression and his athleticism (apart from the cardio bit). He’ll play higher up the ground on more mobile players where he can read the play and jump at the footy. He won’t be stuck in the square wrestling with the likes of Porkins all game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The only issue with that is that we have a number of those types already in the backline

The only issue with that is that we have a number of those types already in the backline

Yep. That’s why it’s time for some of Day, Scrimshaw, CJ, Bramble etc to move up onto the wing or into the midfield

Personally I’d love to see CJ and Brambke play on the wings but not sure that’s happening

That would leave us with

Dimma Hartigan Frost
Sicily DGB Day

With Bramble and CJ on the wings and Scrimshaw as a rotation

DGB will be our best defender long term IMO. He just has that fierce competitiveness to him that would make him an absolute prick to play on!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The only issue around Denver is his contract. Another potential year of not seeing his gf and family is on the cards.
He could go to WCE/Freo and risk having his career stuffed by their response to COVID (not endorsing or rejecting, just noting how disruptive it will be)... he will have tough choices to make.

I dreamt last night that DGB retired because he missed his family back home.

You'll all be happy to know my dreams rarely come true.

The only issue around Denver is his contract. Another potential year of not seeing his gf and family is on the cards.
I think in one of the podcasts late last year he mentioned his girlfriend is moving to Melbs this year. Should help.

I dreamt last night that DGB retired because he missed his family back home.

You'll all be happy to know my dreams rarely come true.
Rarely?
Terrence Ross Wow GIF

I remember all the consternation over Burton’s girlfriend being in Adelaide. Then she moved here and we traded him that off season.
Heh, it was the fact he was a bit of a douche that we needed to worry about all along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the way McGowan handles Covid even if he joined WCE or Freo he'd still probably have to spend footy season away from WA.

Burton was dating a girl I know in Melbourne while playing for us.

His long-term girlfriend is from Adelaide and moved here in the final year of him playing with us. Granted could be an open relationship - kids these days!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back