Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the game and that’s what I liked too. It’s not just the goals it’s his positioning, leading, timing of leads and skills below his knees. He does most things well.

Yes. He is a natural forward. Knows how to play the position and has the right instincts.

Haven't seen much of him yet, but just based on that he seems to have quite a bit of swagger about him. He just kicked an awesome and difficult goal and he knows it, but he doesn't get all excited and run to his teammates. Just casually walks away like "yeah, well of course I kicked it".

As long as he can continue to back it up with his performances that kind of confidence is exactly what our young forward line needs.

Haven't seen much of him yet, but just based on that he seems to have quite a bit of swagger about him. He just kicked an awesome and difficult goal and he knows it, but he doesn't get all excited and run to his teammates. Just casually walks away like "yeah, well of course I kicked it".

As long as he can continue to back it up with his performances that kind of confidence is exactly what our young forward line needs.
Couldn't agree more, a lot to know about the kids drive based on his celebration.
Has that level of arrogance to make it (hopefully).

You only kick that goal if you have a lot of talent.
That self confidence is the type of thing that really can make your teamates walk taller around you.
And we need it and will need it.

I just hope when gets a chance the expectations arent ridiculous and he gets a good run at it .

As tough as our play is to see now we could be a very watchable side in 12 months

Jeka has an unusual body shape for a 197cm human.
He has normal length legs but a very long torso.
He's not especially good on the ground but that doesn't stop him from having second and third efforts.
He also has a fearsome spearing stab pass.
Also, he does something the Hawthorn forwards don't - he leads!!

You only kick that goal if you have a lot of talent.
That self confidence is the type of thing that really can make your teamates walk taller around you.
And we need it and will need it.

I just hope when gets a chance the expectations arent ridiculous and he gets a good run at it .

As tough as our play is to see now we could be a very watchable side in 12 months
The #23 jumper is out of the question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't it be interesting if - being that Patton was a dismal failure, ToB is a dismal failure, and the jury is very much still out on Lewis and Kosi - after all that, Jeka was the one who came through and was the answer we've been looking for up forward...

I don’t mind if he has to keep pressing his claim to get a debut.

it was actually one of the things I wanted the most out of this year, to see Kosi and Jeka competing for their chance.

Heat is on Kosi to deliver now.

it was actually one of the things I wanted the most out of this year, to see Kosi and Jeka competing for their chance.

You could very easily argue he could have replaced any of our talls this week. Hopefully the competition for a spot will lead to a better output today, otherwise it would be an injustice not to promote him if any of our 3 talls deliver some of the tripe we've seen this year. I think he's in next week and today will tell us who is out.

I think this is the first time since the dogs practice match where we have had Kosi, tob and Lewis in the one side. Have been hoping to see this all year. Glad we are giving it a go. I’m sure jeka will get a shot very soon.

I think this is the first time since the dogs practice match where we have had Kosi, tob and Lewis in the one side. Have been hoping to see this all year. Glad we are giving it a go. I’m sure jeka will get a shot very soon.
Absolutely, and it’s simply due to the club thinking Kosi was ahead of Jeka in the pecking order.....however the last month has quite possibly started to change that.

Just need Kosi to put it together now and get this completion for a key forward spot heating up.

Absolutely, and it’s simply due to the club thinking Kosi was ahead of Jeka in the pecking order.....however the last month has quite possibly started to change that.

Just need Kosi to put it together now and get this completion for a key forward spot heating up.
Is it feasible we'd drop both TOB and Kosi this week, should they underperform again, for Gunner and Jeka?

I'm all for it if that's the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back