Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It's now or never.
Hopefully he has found a position that brings out the best in him and he can build his confidence and form from there.
He is only 20. As long as he keeps improving he will be fine

I really hope the lad has the mother of all pre-seasons and can be that forward we need.
The mail was that he will train as a defender all summer, but perhaps that changes.

The mail was that he will train as a defender all summer, but perhaps that changes.

We need forwards I would have thought.
I feel like he only played back at the end of the season because Frosty etc were missing.

We need forwards I would have thought.
I feel like he only played back at the end of the season because Frosty etc were missing.
Making him train with the defenders isn't a bad idea even if we do want him to play forward. His defensive efforts as a forward were poor so if that can be ironed out it'll seriously improve his forward craft I would have thought.

Making him train with the defenders isn't a bad idea even if we do want him to play forward. His defensive efforts as a forward were poor so if that can be ironed out it'll seriously improve his forward craft I would have thought.

Agreed.
Plenty of players develop in the back half before moving forward or to other roles.

Really keen to see what he looks like after a massive preseason and a summer working on his craft.

Has the frame to be a massive unit but is surprising agile and an elite kick. Has a real presence when down the line which we’ll miss with BB going. One to watch in 2023.

CHB please. Don't want another Schoey situation where we * around with the development of a promising athletic tall with a super boot by throwing the magnets about.

He's clearly developed confidence in his work down back. Give him a year to hone it before throwing him back forward.

CHB please. Don't want another Schoey situation where we * around with the development of a promising athletic tall with a super boot by throwing the magnets about.

He's clearly developed confidence in his work down back. Give him a year to hone it before throwing him back forward.
I sort of agree but the problem may be that it will need to be at Box Hill. Probably only 3 of Frost, Sicily, Blanck, DGB and Jeka fit in the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sort of agree but the problem may be that it will need to be at Box Hill. Probably only 3 of Frost, Sicily, Blanck, DGB and Jeka fit in the backline
Play Frost as a Forward or on the Wing.

So excited by Jeka's potential, I hope for him & us that he reaches it.

Play Frost as a Forward or on the Wing.

So excited by Jeka's potential, I hope for him & us that he reaches it.
I would love to see frost play the richo high half forward wing role and let him go wild, only use him to tackle and in transition, his an animal, nobody can stop him when his running.

I feel we have built up his confidence at the level playing behind the ball, I think we will swing him forward now Jack has left the building.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel we have built up his confidence at the level playing behind the ball, I think we will swing him forward now Jack has left the building.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Club have been aware of the possibility of Jack going for sometime. During which they told Emerson that he’d spend the summer training as a defender.

Still prefer it if he develops into a CHF to compliment Lewis.
I agree, that Box Hill form a few years back was really promising. He's a beautiful field kick too which is a given as a defender but can be unbelievably damaging in a forward.

CHB would be a weapon
CHF would be a quality foil
CHF would be a nuclear weapon if he can get the intensity he brings when he's down back.

He doesn't lack any skills, anything at all, but what he does lack is himself, his workrate & strength. Which you need one or the other, big pre season.

He could be a freakish CHF combo with Lewis, pushing to the wings with his marking and kicking, wowee.

Oh boy, is this the penny drop?
season 9 news GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back