Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Onr thing to consider say Jaeger is back in a month or so and plays the last 4 games including some good ones. Surely a return of 8 games him in the best for some of them. Wouldn't that be a success based on expectations when we picked him up.

Also if the club is to be believed and this is a new injury just coincidently to the same area it is really no cause for alarm. Cyril, Stratton, frawley and Birchall haven't copped the same flak for their injuries.

Right now I'm in the gloom squad on the omeara situation.

I think it was a big risk to go for him, and I still think it was very much the right thing to do. We will not leapfrog clubs like GWS, Melbourne and Bulldogs who are well stocked with high draft picks unless we take big risks to bring in top end talent.

But big risks sometimes (often?) go sour and I need some very positive signs before i start feeling good about the omeara situation again. When he was playing preseason and early season games I was pumped. Bone bruising however seems to be one of those injuries that can really cause ongoing soreness and restriction for a very long time even when a player is fit enough to play.

Fingers crossed. Massive shame for the guy that he's missed pretty much half a season already.
Exactly right. Our champion on-ballers were nearing their end and we had to replenish, so we rolled the dice on Sydney's 5th best mid (apparently) and an injured ball magnet from the Suns. As Adelaide found out last night, you don't achieve great things without taking risks. I give you Ryan Burton.

Given hindsight, I still would not change a damn thing in our off-season recruitment from last year. It shows we're prepared to take chances and back ourselves in. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But if we don't try, then we become a vanilla club languishing in 10th spot every season. I prefer the scenario where we throw everything into winning premierships. I give you Jaeger O'Meara.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought that was actually pretty decent from Larkins.

Exactly, what Larkins says in that video is exactly what the HFC should have done.
Explains everything from his history to the complications he is having now.

Larkins believes that the issue is probably more a conditioning injury (due to lack of training during the
past 2 years) and that once settled he should be fine.

He stops short of predicting how good he will be when he returns, a great unknown that no one can predict.

The melts when we landed him were fantastic. One can only imagine the melts if he actually comes good after all that has happened and been said this year.

The buffet of humble pie on this thread will be equally enjoyable if he comes good.

Exactly, what Larkins says in that video is exactly what the HFC should have done.
Explains everything from his history to the complications he is having now.

Larkins believes that the issue is probably more a conditioning injury (due to lack of training during the
past 2 years) and that once settled he should be fine.

He stops short of predicting how good he will be when he returns, a great unknown that no one can predict.
And such a great opportunity to bring it back to where everything started:

Cochrane is a Cockkn***le

Didn't know Larkins could explain things so well, very insightful... wouldn't say it was a positive interview but probably more realistic than anything. This is gonna be a tough one for our medicos and AR to get right.
Before the triple m ego trip Larkins used to be a straight down the line medical commentator who used to just report injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back