Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been more than one game for Burton and Hardwick, they have proved they should be long ther players for us. To me, Sicily has to show consistency from week to week before I am convinced. Brand is coming along nicely, and should become a permanent full back. Birchell's inclusion certainly helped our defence, and Hodgey's coaching was invaluable.

We have quite a few promising defenders at Box Hill. Harry Morrison, and Irishmen Conor Glass, and Conor Nash could be anything; even though he has had a bad run with injuries, I have heard excellent reports on Hanrahan, so with a bit of luck, and some good development, our back half looks in pretty good shape to me.
Burton and hardwick aside who in both our eyes fantastic seasons 9/10.
Who else would u give a better than pass mark to in our defence?
Frawley,doc - worst season at the club.
Brand - okay
Stratt- okay
Gibbo - retiring
Sic, ok, up and down could be anything from A star or a flop.
Im positive clarko has a key defender as a top priority in the off season

Brand - okay
Stratt- okay
Gibbo - retiring
That guy Hodge has been ok...

Birch was great the other night

We brought in Gibbo, Frawley and Lake very late in the piece for not a lot. No reason we cant so something similar down the track if we need to.

In this era of FA and player power in general, this idea that if you don't have supposed elite 21 year old talent now, you wont have elite 26 year talent in 5 years is nonsense.

Downside of this era is it also means we could potentially lose a guy like Burton who will be offered insane money by the time he comes to free agency.

Brand - okay
Stratt- okay
Gibbo - retiring

I think an elite midfielder should be the top priority.

Brand - okay
Stratt- okay
Gibbo - retiring

Frawley was scape goat. He copped a barrage because he was the only player in our side that had nobody to deflect onto, and in all seriousness, he was only conceding 2-3 a game (normal for any key back playing without support)

Master of puppets not bad either but justice for all amazing. Rubbish after they got that new drummer in 1991...
Bob Rock killed Metallica :( and Metallica killed Napster :mad: and our Hunter will Kill 'em all :D

I think an elite midfielder should be the top priority.
Agree, equal priority with a chb.
we just spent 750k on 1 mid,
I would target a l.whitfield type cheaper over spending another 1mill plus on a d.martin or fyfe type. There for using 1.75mill on 2 players. Thoughts?
That guy Hodge has been ok...

Birch was great the other night
Birch was great has played 3 games can't really rate his year.
Hodge is quailty all day every day when fit.

Agree, equal priority with a chb.
we just spent 750k on 1 mid,
I would target a l.whitfield type cheaper over spending another 1mill plus on a d.martin or fyfe type. There for using 1.75mill on 2 players. Thoughts?

Birch was great has played 3 games can't really rate his year.
Hodge is quailty all day every day when fit.

I have no problem on the club spending 1 mill on either of those 2 players as I believe they will be more than worth it, the 750 K on Jaeger is a different matter entirely at this stage however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People want to read this thread for further updates...maybe people who've had bone bruising, maybe snippets from insiders at the clubs.

Not the same old, same old.

Please, for the love of God, all the regulars, you've all made your unhappiness at the trade apparent. Consider your point made, and move on.

Yea good luck with that!

I come on here occasionally to hear of any updates & read through 3 or 4 pages of the same flogs selling doom & gloom.

Move on you tools, even if it is a bust, move on.

We win some, we lose some, & this one is far from lost.

I'm worried. Sitting on a stool is a bad sign. If he was jumping up and down whilst talking I'd be more confident

Stool sitting = trade fail

Why isn't Cabbage presenting? Eldorado?
ORA, we have indisputable proof that he's alive - that's a huge stop forward!

Frawley was scape goat. He copped a barrage because he was the only player in our side that had nobody to deflect onto, and in all seriousness, he was only conceding 2-3 a game (normal for any key back playing without support)
Absolutely! People banging on about how we desperately need key defenders. We already went out and got the best one available. He's still 28 and should have 3-4 years left at least. That's enough time to develop our own talent.

I don't think we will go out and find ready made players. It's expensive and unnecessary for a team who are preparing for a premiership in 3 to 4 years (according to Clarko). We are more likely to target role-players in the draft and rookie draft, and to trade out ready made players like Schoey, Whitecross, Heatherley, Stewart, Miles, and Pittonet to trade up and target young developing players who aren't getting (midfield) opportunities at their club. There is a midfield logjam at GWS, Collingwood, Richmond, Port, St Kilda, Dogs and even Freo.

Absolutely! People banging on about how we desperately need key defenders. We already went out and got the best one available. He's still 28 and should have 3-4 years left at least. That's enough time to develop our own talent.

I don't think we will go out and find ready made players. It's expensive and unnecessary for a team who are preparing for a premiership in 3 to 4 years (according to Clarko). We are more likely to target role-players in the draft and rookie draft, and to trade out ready made players like Schoey, Whitecross, Heatherley, Stewart, Miles, and Pittonet to trade up and target young developing players who aren't getting (midfield) opportunities at their club. There is a midfield logjam at GWS, Collingwood, Richmond, Port, St Kilda, Dogs and even Freo.
Heatherley, Stewart, Miles and Pittonet ready made players?
For Box Hill possibly
These 4 players combined have played less than 10 AFL games

Heatherley, Stewart, Miles and Pittonet ready made players?
For Box Hill possibly
These 4 players combined have played less than 10 AFL games
Yes indeed, I got carried away with my list there.

The only ready made players that I believe we might trade are Schoey, WhiteX, Langford and Ceglar. Unfortunately, I doubt all of them will still be with the team next year.

Yes indeed, I got carried away with my list there.

The only ready made players that I believe we might trade are Schoey, WhiteX, Langford and Ceglar. Unfortunately, I doubt all of them will still be with the team next year.
I'd say Langford and Ceglar are safe

People want to read this thread for further updates...maybe people who've had bone bruising, maybe snippets from insiders at the clubs.

Not the same old, same old.

Please, for the love of God, all the regulars, you've all made your unhappiness at the trade apparent. Consider your point made, and move on.

This. We can't change it, lets move forward.

If its really that troubling, go talk to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back