Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2022 AFLCA Best Young Player, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently that speech is a paraphrase of one by Mongol Emperor , Genghis Khan. I think Conan stole Newcombe's headband.

conan the barbarian GIF

Preseason 2023.

Wouldn’t be crazy to suggest a double digit return in the Brownlow also.
He's a very obvious footballer. A player that everyone sees, so surely the umps will see that.
It all depends if they vote based on influence, or based on stats (even though they'll never admit they look at that)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a very obvious footballer. A player that everyone sees, so surely the umps will see that.
It all depends if they vote based on influence, or based on stats (even though they'll never admit they look at that)

Seems a shoo-in to be the next rising star non winner to be looked back upon as the obvious best player from his rookie season(s)

I love it how he can be an effective fwd.
So Ricciuto-like.
He was well beaten for most of yesterday but I saw it as a positive game for his development. Copped a hard tag for the first time and showed that he can both go forward and hit the scoreboard, and turn a dirty day around back in the middle. He drove our 4th quarter surge.

He was well beaten for most of yesterday but I saw it as a positive game for his development. Copped a hard tag for the first time and showed that he can both go forward and hit the scoreboard, and turn a dirty day around back in the middle. He drove our 4th quarter surge.
Saw it the same way.
This guy's ceiling could be anything with a few pre seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back