Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant signing... Only thing is I wish we had of signed him for 4 years, he is a genuine chance to captain the club one day.

Brilliant signing... Only thing is I wish we had of signed him for 4 years, he is a genuine chance to captain the club one day.
I'm ok with two years, we signed Langers up for four before we knew his ceiling

Is it just me or are people getting a little bit to excited over an 11 gamer who has shown potential? IMO a two year signing is promising but hardly abnormal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are people getting a little bit to excited over an 11 gamer who has shown potential? IMO a two year signing is promising but hardly abnormal.

No, I don't think so. The long-termers are obviously spuds and the short-termers are obviously diamonds. Seems level-headed to me.

Burton aside, he's probably been our brightest prospect for a long time. A young, talented kid who we drafted (and didn't trade in from another club) gets supporters excited about him being one of ours.

Burton aside, he's probably been our brightest prospect for a long time. A young, talented kid who we drafted (and didn't trade in from another club) gets supporters excited about him being one of ours.
*cough* Hardwick *cough*

The 2 year option was almost certainly Worpel's management, no way does he sign up for 4 years if he has faith in his own potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back