Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If we still had Clarko we probably would have kept Mitchell and O'Meara and I'm not sure Worps would have had the year he has and therefore earned this extension. The other two were great servants but I'd rather have two more years of Worps at his current level than either of them now.

If we still had Clarko we probably would have kept Mitchell and O'Meara and I'm not sure Worps would have had the year he has and therefore earned this extension. The other two were great servants but I'd rather have two more years of Worps at his current level than either of them now.
Nash would be delisted
Day would be playing halfback
Worpel playing at Boxhill.

Well deserved Worpedo! impressive season to date. 4th in center clearances in the competition, showing some true leadership turning into the glue in the middle.

Worpel 100 games, Day 52, Nuke 50. breakout time, this trio is on the rise! exciting times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news 😁

I don't mind the two year extension either.

Tells me he maybe signed for slightly unders but is backing himself to back up this year with another two years of great footy to set himself up for a big payday in 2026.

Or he has very good money and in 2 years is a free agent and can look around for great money.

The best news for the worpedo is his playing great footy and geling with every other mid, keep pushing that and let him find space where the other can’t. Him and nuke are really in each others pockets on the field pretty fun to watch when their on

Shiels in the Centre and Dan Howe on the wing
I still feel for Dan. I think that Clarko made him play a style not suited to his strengths. Beat it into him to play defensively to the point he was always second guessing what he should do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back