Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee thats a solid highlight reel for a tall forward. Strong leads, strong marks and straight kicking.
A few of them were either sealing the game for us or putting us in front. Standing up when needed!

That mammoth roost from 50+ on the angle against Brisbane was a brilliant goal
The one he kicked against the Suns was also a high degree of difficulty. Unfortunately part of a very forgettable game.

I had an extremely strong feeling he’d be better than TOB from the moment I saw him. I made my thoughts known on here and got howled down and ridiculed…..

I only hope he’s not an injury-prone player.

You can always highlight those posts for bragging rights. ;)

The injury-prone is the only question mark. Other than that, looks a jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't to the TOB simps back then....

When Lewis played well, TOB played well almost in response.

Lewis dragged him along like that in 2019, finally culminating in TOB's best game as the go to key forward against WC.

It was clear that it took Lewis getting into games to prompt TOB's performances and confidence to lift.

Don't remember anyone saying TOB was better than Lewis, it was clear who the more talented player was.

I called Lewis a clunking machine who terrorized a few backlines in 2019 a year or so after the fact, and I was rubbished pretty good by a couple of posters. Don't remember any of them being TOB fans.

It wasn't to the TOB simps back then....
I am not sure there were any Simps just like there are no Simps today. Lewis flied into the AFL with some impressive games early on. However his effort and form fell away the next season due to injury and confidence. Lewis was nowhere near the player he is today. He had a few things to work on when he was younger as any KP does. He had some games where he just didn't offer any effort or contest and wasn't fit enough. He is a completely different player now plays with a lot of intensity and has worked hard to build his endurance. No one here didn't want him to succeed. Everyone knew TOB's deficiencies but something TOB was doing at the time was providing a contest and having repeated efforts. The video on Lewis's efforts failed in comparison. I myself have always tried to be as objective as possible on our players be their positive or negative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back