Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be very surprised if he isn't in our round 1 side.

Thought he was really good. Bit unlucky not to kick a goal but stayed involved and created.
He’d be very stiff to miss. Basically due to Moorey proving his fitness.

Otherwise wise he’s going to be out there Round 1. We love to play our draftees early if we can.

If Moore is fit, and assuming ginni is ahead of him and we won’t put as sub for a debut - decent chance he misses round 1. Breust, Hardwick, Moore, ginnivan, croc is enough smaller forwards.

Might also be good for him to dominate at box hill.

If Moore is fit, and assuming ginni is ahead of him and we won’t put as sub for a debut - decent chance he misses round 1. Breust, Hardwick, Moore, ginnivan, croc is enough smaller forwards.

Might also be good for him to dominate at box hill.
He is more likely to play

With his elite agility, one touch, clean hands and footy smarts could see the Wiz rotate through the midfield at times as he is so slippery creative …… has that unpredictability about him that would open the game up.

Liked hearing Moore’s interview yesterday how he was really impressed with the Wizards pressure/defensive side. Over summer noticed that he doesn’t mind laying a tackle 👍

I just hope Watson doesn’t follow in Ginnivan’s footsteps and start playing for head high frees. It certainly worked against Ginnivan when it got the attention of the media. There were numerous times last season where Ginnivan nearly had his head ripped off, only to be called play on. At 170cms, Watson will get plenty of head high frees, without having to add a bit mayo.

I just hope Watson doesn’t follow in Ginnivan’s footsteps and start playing for head high frees. It certainly worked against Ginnivan when it got the attention of the media. There were numerous times last season where Ginnivan nearly had his head ripped off, only to be called play on. At 170cms, Watson will get plenty of head high frees, without having to add a bit mayo.
They'll be paid now. AFL is paranoid about head high contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be lovely to see him kick 2 or 3 against the Bombres and nab a Rising Star nom.
I’m a bit upset that the swans bloke got a nom this week when he was only up against half the comp due to only 4 games being played.

Middle not wing.

I don't believe that the smallest player in the AFL is going to be running through the middle, especially early on into his career. Doubly-especially when we have several legitimate options and a few of them will struggle to see midfield time.

Pushing up to the contest and hovering around packs/contest would be great. But I don't see him being one of the three midfielders at ball-ups.

I’m a bit upset that the swans bloke got a nom this week when he was only up against half the comp due to only 4 games being played.

How the fook are they giving noms out when the bulk of the comp hasn't even played?

Some seriously inept work at AwwFL house behind that. Dumb even.

How the fook are they giving noms out when the bulk of the comp hasn't even played?

Some seriously inept work at AwwFL house behind that. Dumb even.
Why would anyone get upset at something as innocuous as a Rising Star nomination?

Honestly - I can’t fathom that.

But aren't those players/clubs at a disadvantage when they have their byes?
dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

Too sensible - sorry.

Imagine if we played last weekend, and Nick Watson kicked 6 goals, and the AFL weren’t inept and agreed with the above and decided to hold off on a nomination because not every club played….imagine the melts!!!!

Why would anyone get upset at something as innocuous as a Rising Star nomination?

Honestly - I can’t fathom that.

If your take away is 'boo hoo rising star nomination', and not AwwFL house would struggle to run a chook raffle effectively, you're probably best keeping this type of scorchingly intellectual observation to your good self.

dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

Too sensible - sorry.

Imagine if we played last weekend, and Nick Watson kicked 6 goals, and the AFL weren’t inept and agreed with the above and decided to hold off on a nomination because not every club played….imagine the melts!!!!

Imagine you were so bored you logged onto Bigfooty and split hairs about how clever AwwFL house is with supporters of your own team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back