Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Another poster has said they saw him watching the game. So that's a good development. May have been genuinely ill. I just heard a few different takes on it. Hopefully nothing in it.
Bug has gone through the club the last few weeks. Still active too.

So is Brockman all good, was he just sick? cryptor
Didn’t see or speak to Brockman. Was just chatting with a few players and it was mentioned that a bug had been making its way through the group the past few weeks. So if Brockman looked unwell spectating then I’d suggest that’s why.

It also wasn’t used as an excuse but I did note that it seems to line up with our worst team performances over the past few weeks.

Didn’t see or speak to Brockman. Was just chatting with a few players and it was mentioned that a bug had been making its way through the group the past few weeks. So if Brockman looked unwell spectating then I’d suggest that’s why.

It also wasn’t used as an excuse but I did note that it seems to line up with our worst team performances over the past few weeks.
iirc from his insta story him and his partner were out at a lobster dinner or something the night before- I just assumed that he had some dodgy shellfish.

Yep The captain had and a few others including frost had it last week

I get your point, but really, we could name 100 players that have play midfield well in season 1 or 2... just not really at Hawthorn as they mostly come from early picks.

It's fair to say turning small forwards into being able to run through the midfield takes 3-4 pre-seasons but.
doing it at underage level helps, which Tyler didn't

Bug has gone through the club the last few weeks. Still active too.

Ah that's why the performance levels have dipped so badly the last few weeks, we can't take a trick, last year the hubs and this year bugs running through the club for several weeks.

Hopefully Brocky is good to go this weekend, the kid looks like he has something to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah that's why the performance levels have dipped so badly the last few weeks, we can't take a trick, last year the hubs and this year bugs running through the club for several weeks.

Hopefully Brocky is good to go this weekend, the kid looks like he has something to work with.
No one is making excuses mate. It is the reason for Brockman missing at VFL level

Should we give him a game on the wing?
Just let him run all day, and he kicks the ball better than Phillips.

My mum kicks the ball better than Phillips, but she probably has a better tank than Brockers too.

I'd rather leave him in the forward pocket and get him to learn how to manage balancing his tank between offence and defence i..e. chasing the ball to kick or set-up a goal, versus providing defensive pressure. If it's quiet up there and he has the chance to swap with Moore on the flank and get up to a wing, then even better. Unless he is disobeying team instructions at BHH, I'd rather him be getting AFL level exposure.

Tyler Brockman (12 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals)
"Brocky started the game well. He kicked a couple of goals for us. His consistency of effort remains a work in progress but his best moments are outstanding."

"Brocky started the game well. He kicked a couple of goals for us. His consistency of effort remains a work in progress but his best moments are outstanding."

looks like he's still probably a little while away from getting back in the team based off that

Just screams someone who lacks match fitness for those constant efforts, when that comes he'll be a deadly player.

Just screams someone who lacks match fitness for those constant efforts, when that comes he'll be a deadly player.
Yeah that is my take. Ollie us improved his four quarter consistency this year based off of improved fitness. And I’d expect a first year player to have a lot of scope for improvement in that regard. Brockman has a lot of talent and I’m sure we will see a lot more of him in the seniors.

Yeah that is my take. Ollie us improved his four quarter consistency this year based off of improved fitness. And I’d expect a first year player to have a lot of scope for improvement in that regard. Brockman has a lot of talent and I’m sure we will see a lot more of him in the seniors.

He seems like the type of player who has an output that wouldn't be much different in the seniors vs the VFL. To date that seems to be the case, he looks good for 2 goals a game and some flashes of brilliance regardless of the level.

He seems like the type of player who has an output that wouldn't be much different in the seniors vs the VFL. To date that seems to be the case, he looks good for 2 goals a game and some flashes of brilliance regardless of the level.
It does but I think we are struggling for four quarters of pressure from our forwards and he doesn’t seem to be able to do that at vfl level, where it is slower. I still think we will see him in the seniors again this year based on his class but maybe they are trying to get him mentally prepared to do what he needs for as long as his fitness will let him.

It does but I think we are struggling for four quarters of pressure from our forwards and he doesn’t seem to be able to do that at vfl level, where it is slower. I still think we will see him in the seniors again this year based on his class but maybe they are trying to get him mentally prepared to do what he needs for as long as his fitness will let him.

That's true, it's obvious his fitness isn't quite at the level - but I'd still take his raw pace as a small forward over consistent below average pace from some of our current smalls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back