News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect in this instance i don't care about hawthorn or vickery and whatever went on.

A guy on the saints board is advocating a viable way of getting fyfe to the saints as a FA is to 'do a vickery'.
Basically he reckons offer him 2 years on 2mil/pa, then renegotiate and sign a longer deal only weeks after the original 2 year deal.
He's convinced Ty has already signed a 2nd contract with you guys for longer than the 2 year deal.

I'm telling him that's garbage because there is of course a nod and a wink that in a year or 2 Ty will be looked after with a 3rd year on peanuts... But until then it's still just a nod and wink- nothing formally contracted.

It seems he is misinformed?
This is one of the reason's I think the Free Agency rules need more explaining. Currently you have to be able to Match the offer in both years and salary in order to force a trade. But a 2mil p/a for 2 year deal is not better than a 1.8mil/pa 4 year deal as you will be getting a heap more with the later and long term contracts are great security for players as you never know when you will get injured or discarded.

25-30 is a good result. Anything less than a goal a game at seasons end will ultimately show that Richmond is a stain you just can't wash

I'd give him one year to cleanse himself.

Many of our recruits have struggled with a year either through form, learning the game plan or gettign their bodies Hawthorn-right.

Just hope he fixes his hair....

I've bet a Ninthmond supporting mate that he'll kick 40+ goals for the season.

I doubt he'll actually do it - I just wanted my mate to have to think about it & follow his progress all year!

SH8-eec32-6a4jBGfhxxhpFpr7MZrS5_E8H_hVWE1zED6VccTbszGukriZ0XUXgpTVMgc8OzB1NOjHM9-9Z83ZVYxNGXZL49hRTyazUxeKE_S4ddLFDGS6rgp3C8PXDU_6Ti57cEOeqTc6Mo8NiPsuei=w500-h255-nc

I'd give him one year to cleanse himself.

Many of our recruits have struggled with a year either through form, learning the game plan or gettign their bodies Hawthorn-right.

Just hope he fixes his hair....
He really isn't going to get to his full potential till he does. Needs to talk to the Schoe, lost the man-bun, then premiership hero'd it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am genuinely excited about Vickery, has all the tools to be a quality player, so long as the coaching staff can tap into that talent which I'm confident that they can do, consistency has always been his issue, tap into the brain of his and get him believing that he can do the job week in and week out and we will have a very good player,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, she only got in via a wildcard and getting Wozniacki first round was a bit unlucky. Oh well never mind, first round losers at the AO pocket $50,000 so no doubt that will help ease the pain.
Same amount as Ty when we negotiate his contract for a third year :oops:
#dodgyhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back