Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Tommy, but I’m sure the $wans are happy they’ve still got blokes like Kieran Jack & McVeigh running around into the Stone Age whilst this bloke became the best mid in the competition. Bloods Culture

Well done Tommy, but I’m sure the $wans are happy they’ve still got blokes like Kieran Jack & McVeigh running around into the Stone Age whilst this bloke became the best mid in the competition. Bloods Culture
#5thbestmid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Them: "Tom Mitchell is a young gun! Hawthorn will need to trade Breust and two first round picks for him!"

Hawthorn straight swap for late first rounder.

Them: "Yeah, well Mitchell isn't even that good! He was only Sydney's 5th best midfielder!"

Mitchell consistently gets 30+ disposal games.

Them: "Yeah, but he handballs too much!"

Mitchell starts kicking it more.

Them: "Yeah, but he doesn't kick goals!"

Mitchell starts kicking goals and consistently gets 40+ disposal games.

Them: "Yeah, but when Danger/Dusty/Fyfe get 40+ they do more with them!"

Mitchell starts getting the occasional 50+ disposal game.

Them: "Yeah, but it's all just sideways and backwards kicks! He doesn't gain any metres!"

Mitchell moves into the top 20 overall, top 10 midfielders, number 1 inside midfielder for average metres gained.

Them: "Yeah, but he's just a crab getting uncontested possessions across half back!"

Mitchell leads the league for clearances, 3rd for contested possessions, and 7th for tackles.

Them: "Yeah, well he's still over rated! Gawn, Grundy, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Martin, Cripps, etc., etc., etc. are more valuable!"

Mitchell is voted the AFL's MVP by the players.

Doesn't matter what he does. As soon as he landed at Hawthorn the footy public decided he is rubbish and overrated. None the less I'm quite enjoying seeing him break records left, right and centre, and this year starting to clean up in the various awards.

He might not be a flashy, human-highlights reel, but he is an absolutely elite player. He works incredibly hard every week, delivering consistently amazing performances. Performances that most mids would have as their own personal career best performance were they to do the same. He is primarily an inside mid, winning a heap of ball at the coal face, and yet his outside ball stats are right up there with the elite outside mids of the comp.

Anyone who claims now in 2018 that he all he gets is lots of cheap, uncontested ball and doesn't impact games or hurt his opponents with his disposal immediately outs themselves as an idiot sheep. Anyone who has watched him play more than 15 minutes of football this season would acknowledge the truly astounding impact he has had. His opposition peers certainly took notice.

Them: "Tom Mitchell is a young gun! Hawthorn will need to trade Breust and two first round picks for him!"

Them: "Yeah, well Mitchell isn't even that good! He was only Sydney's 5th best midfielder!"

Them: "Yeah, but it's all just sideways and backwards kicks! He doesn't gain any metres!"

Mitchell moves into the top 20 overall, top 10 midfielders, number 1 inside midfielder for average metres gained.

Them: "Yeah, but he's just a crab getting uncontested possessions across half back!"

Mitchell leads the league for clearances, 3rd for contested possessions, and 7th for tackles.

Them: "Yeah, well he's still over rated! Gawn, Grundy, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Martin, Cripps, etc., etc., etc. are more valuable!"

Doesn't matter what he does. As soon as he landed at Hawthorn the footy public decided he is rubbish and overrated. None the less I'm quite enjoying seeing him break records left, right and centre, and this year starting to clean up in the various awards.

He might not be a flashy, human-highlights reel, but he is an absolutely elite player. He works incredibly hard every week, delivering consistently amazing performances. Performances that most mids would have as their own personal career best performance were they to do the same. He is primarily an inside mid, winning a heap of ball at the coal face, and yet his outside ball stats are right up there with the elite outside mids of the comp.

Anyone who claims now in 2018 that he all he gets is lots of cheap, uncontested ball and doesn't impact games or hurt his opponents with his disposal immediately outs themselves as an idiot sheep. Anyone who has watched him play more than 15 minutes of football this season would acknowledge the truly astounding impact he has had. His opposition peers certainly took notice.
I love that he genuinely doesn't care what anybody outside the club thinks about him.

He's going to win the brownlow and not give a stuff, and I'm going to love him for it, and he won't give a stuff about that either.

Keep on rocking Tommy, you're a star (not that you care).

Awesome work lad! This is the one with the prestige. He'll win more than 1 charlie before he is done.

I dont know why people need to trot out the "everybody hates us" schtick all the time on this site, its almost like its impossible for some people to enjoy success without gloating at someone else.

I havent met a single person in my real life who doesnt think Tom is a gun and deserves the praise. My Swans supporting mates in particular really rate him, though they are a bit miffed he was such a bargain.

As for the media, try ignoring the vocal minority and you will find that most pundits respect Mitchell and Hawthorn a great deal.

He is going to thrive as the midfield develops around him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When I still used to casually glance at the Footy Show I remember that Newman would constantly say that he doesn’t watch games any more. Doesn’t stop him getting a paycheque that drastically outshines his lack of talent and anything interesting to say. Go after him, Blighty.

The thing he fails to realise about all those players who don't watch any other games is that in lieu of forming their own opinion they are going to naturally form it based on what the media are saying anyway.
Players dont watch other games... what a load of crap. They are IN the FN games.

Yeah they might not know the formline of every fringe player on a list, but anyone with any chance at all of winning this award, their team meetings would talk about how to stop.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very good post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back