Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

OK. Carlton's win in Round 0 is the best performance we've seen by any AFL team this year (despite Brisbane being winless after three games).

Is that better?
Stop putting words in my mouth - was replying to a comment saying our win was "lucky". Whether it's a good win or not is purely subjective and has nothing to do with my comment

Mate he was dropping uncontested marks - he was a straight liability last night. Could have been defended by Stevie Wonder and he would have had no impact. Contrastingly, Frampton did a great job on Daniher. That I will give credit for.
To suggest any of Brisbane’s reserves forwards would have made up the 4 goal difference in the end is interesting

Hmm if it's either us or Collingwood that win the flag this year, then this thread is going to be carnage!

The thread will probably end up in the bay within the week.:laughv1:
Last year it got put in bay when it would’ve got interesting but it really seemed like actual bay posters didn’t pay much attention. It’s a more active thread on MB

We finished 9th in 2022 - did you expect our fixture to be the same as yours who lost in a Prelim...?
Based on where teams finished at the end of the home and away season last year, Collingwood's fixture was determined to be the most difficult of any club in the competition (despite not having to play the top team at any stage throughout the season, because that was us)!

Naturally, that's before going into the next level of analysis, but safe to say we didn't have any clubs playing dead rubbers against us, nor did we have opposition clubs resting players for our game with a more important contest a week later in mind...

6 of the best 22 didn’t play?

Walsh
Weitering
Motlop
???
???
???
Walsh, Weitering, Motlop, Martin, Marchbank and Hollands. Then lost Docherty at HT. We also had Silvagni out who I had in my 22 pre-season but won't count him as he is out for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else went down around HT?

Lions had put all their eggs in the Coleman basket, that's why they're no good atm

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was also a big loss for them. Both teams lost important players but when you consider the outs we already had and the leadership/versatility Doc brings it was still significant for us

Walsh, Weitering, Motlop, Martin, Marchbank and Hollands. Then lost Docherty at HT. We also had Silvagni out who I had in my 22 pre-season but won't count him as he is out for the year.
Two big outs and then a couple of perenially injured blokes and a couple of kids.

How many best 22 are missing this week against North? Is it an excuse if North jump the Baggers?

Two big outs and then a couple of perenially injured blokes and a couple of kids.

How many best 22 are missing this week against North? Is it an excuse if North jump the Baggers?
The fact that Weitering, Marchbank and Hollands have all come back for this game the second they were available highlights that they are indeed best 22 in the eyes of the coaching group.

Motlop our best small forward and Martin our best mid-sized forward are also locks when fit. Walsh is also an obvious in when he gets back.

The fact that Weitering, Marchbank and Hollands have all come back for this game the second they were available highlights that they are indeed best 22 in the eyes of the coaching group.

Motlop our best small forward and Martin our best mid-sized forward are also locks when fit. Walsh is also an obvious in when he gets back.
So missing 3 best 22 today?

If Elijah Hollands was missing from Carlton’s best 22, then Dane Swan is missing from ours

Back