Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

I’d rather not play any Grand Finals than to play 7 and only win 2 if I am honest.

That is a terrible record.
Uh huh

Well you got your wish!! Congrats!!

Do you have a party every GF day to celebrate another year of not losing a GF?

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmm I just see post after post of misinterpretation in response to my post. So not bothering to reply to any of them.
LoL.

Misintrepretation.

I’d rather not play any Grand Finals than to play 7 and only win 2 if I am honest.
You would rather your team not play GFs, well you picked the right team to follow in Carlton. 👍

LoL.

Misintrepretation.

You would rather your team not play GFs, well you picked the right team to follow in Carlton. 👍

Once again, misinterpreted.

Funny how you guys only take 1 part of the post, completely ignoring the second part of the post which is a condition for my view on the first part to be true. It’s like… Idk, you have an agenda? Well that’s clear.

Collingwood supporters and reading comprehension really don’t go well together.

Collingwood supporters and reading comprehension really don’t go well together.
Pies fans seem pretty good at reading and comprehension.

This post says they would rather their team not play in GFs.
Perhaps it is the honesty bit that we have picked up as bullshit.

You have to be kidding yourself that you rather your team not make a GF.

But that is what has happened to once proud Baggers, they are now so broken they pretend they are happy with their team not making GFs.

Hope you get your wish again in 2024, another free weekend in late September so you can mow the lawn in peace.

Pies fans seem pretty good at reading and comprehension.

This post says they would rather their team not play in GFs.

Perhaps it is the honesty bit that we have picked up as bullshit.

You have to be kidding yourself that you rather your team not make a GF.

But that is what has happened to once proud Baggers, they are now so broken they pretend they are happy with their team not making GFs.

Hope you get your wish again in 2024, another free weekend in late September so you can mow the lawn in peace.

Once again, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Cannot believe I am going to have to explain to you how a sentence works.

See the bolded word? That is a comparison. Let me break it down even further for you since you don’t get it. I’d rather …. than …. . When you say that, you are making a comparison. Get it?

I think not playing in a Grand Final is much more preferable to me than having a 2/7 record in Grand Finals. If we do ever make a Grand Final, a win is the only acceptable result.

See the bolded word? That is a comparison. Let me break it down even further for you since you don’t get it. I’d rather …. than …. . When you say that, you are making a comparison. Get it?
We all got it.

I think not playing in a Grand Final is much more preferable to me than having a 2/7 record in Grand Finals.
You would take Carlton's 21st century of 0 GFs over having seen Carlton win their way into 7 GFs and be multi premiers.

It is idiotic.

We all hope you can "enjoy" not making a GF in 2024 again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have been bundled out of their last nine finals series without winning a Premiership. That is an insane finals record. In those 9 attempts they have only made one Grand Final. That is quickly becoming one of the worst finals records of the modern era.

If I am going to experience success twice and heartbreak 5 times, no thanks. I’d rather take the sporadic win when we do make it
You do realise that if your team is in the GF you have seen them win at least 2 finals (including a PF)?

The YeoShuey method advises against competing so you always "enjoy" not losing.

You have certainly picked the right club in Carlton...rarely make finals, and when they do never seriously threaten to make a GF anyway. The perfect club for you 👍

This talk around here lately is petty . Let's stick to the topic of the thread.
Here are the facts as we head into round 4
In the red corner, Collingwood football club with 1N3 record
In the blue corner, Carlton football club with a 3n0 record and a extra game up its sleeve.
Things heating up heading into April. Good luck as the battle continues for 2024

Last edited:
In the blue corner, Carlton football club with a 3n0 record and a extra game up its sleeve.
Things heating up heading into April. Good luck as the battle continues for 2024
It's a long season, you were 4-9 at one stage last year

Well, from my own experience of supporting a winning team of winners, I can report back that it’s not possible to win Grand Finals unless your team actually plays in them. And has got there by winning finals. And has qualified for the finals by providing their fans with joy most weeks of the H&A season.

How does it compare to Carlton’s record over the same period? Your turn to answer a question.

Carlton defeated Brisbane by 1 point, Collingwood defeated them by 20.

Let’s see where things stand when Collingwood have played Richmond and North; and Carlton have played GWS and Swans.

Not a bad first game in navy for E Hollands
22 disposals
5 Tackles and a goal - covered the ground as well as anyone

If that was Naicos Fadge would have him taking home the 6 Brownlow votes 😂
Was a good game. Will reserve judgement until he plays an AFL side however

We all know that you Carlton mob think Wietering and Walsh fart rainbows …

… but you’re not going to convince any neutrals that Carlton’s outs were any more significant than Brisbane’s.
Can you really call a Pies fan a fair and balanced neutral when it comes to Carlton though!

Back