Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

No, North Melbourne will survive because they are the best team in my opinion.
Well that's a shame for us! You guys will probably pick up our 100,000 members and become the Super Club of the league.

Well that's a shame for us! You guys will probably pick up our 100,000 members and become the Super Club of the league.

Why do you think that will happen?

Why do you think that will happen?
Apparently we won't survive the century. Those supporters will probably go to North who you have confirmed - in this very thread - are the best club.

Apparently we won't survive the century. Those supporters will probably go to North who you have confirmed - in this very thread - are the best club.
I hope that is true, as it would be a great result for my team.

Thanks… wow just wow.
No bragging rights for being addicted to AFL COLA Uncle Festering.

WOW - I like that moniker for you almost as much as the one I made up for your pet familiar Fadge - "fudgey"

Someone told me that you are both working on a book together - "Zen and teh way of the Abacus" is it true and will there be a chapter on spreadsheets and bookies odds - please please say it is true.

EDIT: I'm feeling I'm on a roll here...from now on I will not disrespect either of you and refer to you as a collective

"fudgey and fester"

as in "woweee another fudgee and fester" comment or "that was prime fudgee fester" or maybe "hey don't you go fudgy festering me "

much love
JaB

No bragging rights for being addicted to AFL COLA Uncle Festering.

WOW - I like that moniker for you almost as much as the one I made up for your pet familiar Fadge - "fudgey"

Someone told me that you are both working on a book together - "Zen and teh way of the Abacus" is it true and will there be a chapter on spreadsheets and bookies odds - please please say it is true.
Ol' Fudgey quit BigFooty apparently.

Something about a self imposed exile due to being banished from Carlton related threads :tearsofjoy:

Something about a self imposed exile due to being banished from Carlton related threads :tearsofjoy:

Are you implying uncle fester is now appearing for and on behalf of fudgey wudgey?

Really?

That’s a shame. He did make a few good points, generally about the Blues. Not sure why anyone would put so much effort into studying an inconsequentia of 21stC footy.

Really?

That’s a shame. He did make a few good points, generally about the Blues. Not sure why anyone would put so much effort into studying an inconsequentia of 21stC footy.

Uncle Fester is festerising about why anyone would put effort into posting about Carlton whilst festeringly effortising in a thread about Carlton

LOL - magnificent example of "fudgeyfestering" thinking right there folks...

Really?

Come on Horace... At least you pretend not to be trolling. Fudgey boy was as obvious as a Thai massage joint open until 1:30am on Tuesdays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

coincidentally disappears when carlton are about to overtake collingwood after he spent a decade on here bullying carlton fans.

pathetic.
Of course.

In the same way Carlton 'overtook' Collingwood in 2012.

And again in 2022, when Collingwood's list was pathetic and culture a disgrace, and they were set for 5 to 10 years of Carlton like mediocrity.

Oh wait...

Collingwood in the race for McCluggage. Wonder what they will offer him?

Just saw on Twitter (so it must be true) that it's $950k over 8 years!!

Good to see the Pies completely abandon the draft. Seen this movie before from my own club and it doesn't work out well. What Father Sons do they have coming through to save them this time around?

Haven't drafted anyone of note since Quaynor really, and the VFL is losing most weeks - I think its a bad move to buy their way out of trouble tbh.

Last edited:
Collingwood in the race for McCluggage. Wonder what they will offer him?

Just saw on Twitter (so it must be true) that it's $950k over 8 years!!

Good to see the Pies completely abandon the draft. Seen this movie before from my own club and it doesn't work out well. What Father Sons do they have coming through to save them this time around?

Bargain @ $118.7K per year

Of course.

In the same way Carlton 'overtook' Collingwood in 2012.

And again in 2022, when Collingwood's list was pathetic and culture a disgrace, and they were set for 5 to 10 years of Carlton like mediocrity.

Oh wait...
This week wouldn’t be the same without the ol’ Fudgerama!

Nice to have you back…ol’ Fudgey ol’ pal!

Back