Who will be better in 2024? Crows or Port?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows have lost their attacking flair and it's mainly due to the decline of Walker.
I disagree....

Even without Walker, Rachele and Rankine are flair players most AFL sides want.
No, it’s the guy in the box.

Having 2021-23 Walker would definitely help but it doesn’t explain the complete lack of bravery and freedom in the ball movement as well as the basic skill errors across the board, including players who are highly skilled.

I dont think the main reason why the crows are struggling is the coach. Some of the older and key players are underperforming.

So how come freo hasnt won 15 finals in 30 years?
Because Freo are worse than bog average. And that has created an environment where losers like you see someone like Hinkley as a success because you see mediocrity as something to strive for, since even mediocrity would be a step up on your dogshit team.

Because Freo are worse than bog average. And that has created an environment where losers like you see someone like Hinkley as a success because you see mediocrity as something to strive for, since even mediocrity would be a step up on your dogshit team.
You are partially right.

Years Port made finals under Hinkley: 2013, 2014, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2023.

years Port missed out in finals under Hinkley: 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022.

6 years made finals, 5 years didnt.

6 out of 11 isnt bad.

5 finals wins in 10-12 years isnt bad.

But I would love freo to be as well run as your mob from 2013-24.

Crows to win tonight but Port to finish higher on the ladder.
Port are looking good for another 10th place finish (their favourite spot on the ladder under Hinkley) while Crows finish slightly lower.

It is easy to understand. But Crows fans like to ignore reality and instead like to use wishful thinking.

You seem to be suggesting, like that other Crows supporter, that the Crows list is better because of the players not in your regular 22. That is just complete nonsense.

The close games myth. We were close therefore bla-bla-bla.
You weren't good enough to win. Close or not.

Younger than Port equals more room for growth.
On that logic you could pick 40 players aged 18 and magically you would you have the best list because they have 'more room for growth".
Have a look at Gold Coast and GWS. Not only very young lists, but very talented young lists. The cream of the crop.
Neither of them have won a flag yet. Gold Coast haven't even played finals yet.
ie even if you get the best of the best youngsters, there is no guarantee that they will get good enough to win a flag or even play finals.

What matters is actual performance in actual AFL games. Not potential. Not woulda coulda shoulda. Actual performance.

On actual performance, the Port youngsters are miles ahead of anything at the Crows.

Port… “Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda”.

Just never actually do.

Adelaide will go straight past them.

B grade thumped them. Not one player in their B’s tonight will have an AFL career of any note. Finlayson will come back in… but the depth is utter junk.

Senior side by 30 points.

What a waste of breathe this thread was.

the thread is about who will be better in 2024. I know who looked better last night 😏
That's not what the post you quoted is about. On all available evidence so far this year, the post you quoted still looks entirely accurate. Beating Port at home certainly doesn't make you any better than a middling side, we suck and we kicked 5.18.

That's not what the post you quoted is about. On all available evidence so far this year, the post you quoted still looks entirely accurate. Beating Port at home certainly doesn't make you any better than a middling side, we suck and we kicked 5.18.
5.18 is your problem mate. Not ours. Deal with it

5.18 is your problem mate. Not ours. Deal with it
Your total lack of reading comprehension is definitely your problem though.

Glad you're satisfied with being 3-5 though, what a great season the mighty Crows are having. Really fulfilling the 'as long as we win the Showdowns we're happy' stereotype.

Glad you're satisfied with being 3-5 though, what a great season the mighty Crows are having. Really fulfilling the 'as long as we win the Showdowns we're happy' stereotype.

I know of a few teams who would love to be 3 - 5. And one who want to be 0 - 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great, put the words in my mouth that I’m happy with 3-5. Nothing I’ve mentioned yet you’ve still go the nerve to mention “reading comprehension” like some 5th grade school teacher. I understand the frustration though. Being promised 3 flags in 5 years and being in the premiership window yet being pasted by a young battling crows side 4 out of the last 5 times would be shi**ing me to tears also.

great, put the words in my mouth that I’m happy with 3-5. Nothing I’ve mentioned yet you’ve still go the nerve to mention “reading comprehension” like some 5th grade school teacher. I understand the frustration though. Being promised 3 flags in 5 years and being in the premiership window yet being pasted by a young battling crows side 4 out of the last 5 times would be shi**ing me to tears also.
If you think I'm remotely bothered by last night's result you don't 'understand my frustration' at all. Thankyou to your club for their latest contribution to the sack Hinkley movement.

You're the one who quoted a Hawks fan accusing the Crows of being a 'middling side' and acted like your win last night which took you to 3-5 had somehow proven him wrong.

If you think I'm remotely bothered by last night's result you don't 'understand my frustration' at all. Thankyou to your club for their latest contribution to the sack Hinkley movement.

You're the one who quoted a Hawks fan accusing the Crows of being a 'middling side' and acted like your win last night which took you to 3-5 had somehow proven him wrong.
I didn’t care what the hawks fan said. I just knew any reply to it would trigger you twits

Port… “Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda”.

Just never actually do.

Adelaide will go straight past them.

B grade thumped them. Not one player in their B’s tonight will have an AFL career of any note. Finlayson will come back in… but the depth is utter junk.

Senior side by 30 points.

What a waste of breathe this thread was.

Waste of breathe?
What is that?
Is that like the 18th man?

This is 4th time in 2 years that port fans have thanked us for getting hinkley sacked. last night is not going to change anything

As for the quoted post, half of SYL's take doesn't really make sense. Young players didn't make the top 10 of the bnf last year so he sees little improvement. it's an assumption that has no proof behind it.

I don’t choose to “downplay” your young mids Soligo and Pedlar, I’m just calling it as they currently sit.
They’ve done nothing as mids to date. They’re all potential.
Hmmm.

Soligo is an average player at this point, and has proven nothing as a full time mid. Same with Pedlar.

This is something you just can’t get through your head, until they’re playing week in, week out through the middle and excelling they’re not the elite mids you say they will be. They have yet to prove it.

Everyone of JHF, Rozee and Butters are daylight better than any young Crows mid you can put forward, and will likely always be. Those three are all going to get better too. The idea that Port only have 2 gun mids is a joke.
Then they’ve also got SPP who is an absolute heart and soul mid that can turn games.
Hmmm

Congrats on being half right I guess. How's elite mid Luke Pedlar going?
He's injured if you follow football. Out with a shoulder injury. Don't worry Pedlar will be a good player too... just not this year.

Bottom line is the Crows have some talented midfielders despite what SYL thinks & comfortable that we have plenty of talent to head up the table.

Our young defence is developing very nicely & will be stronger for the return of Murray within the month... done so without buying in the likes of Rat or BZT.

Why the heck did your selection panel think Rozee had superhuman powers to recover from a hamstring when it was clear he was proppy from the 1st bounce?

Nicks is our worst strategic coach in a long time yet he is out coaching Hinkley or is it Carr?

Reckon you will struggle to play finals now as have poor depth to cover injuries.

He's injured if you follow football. Out with a shoulder injury.
Ah, that's a shame. How was he going before that?

Good, I assume, otherwise your smug 'if you follow football' retort would make you look like a massive w***er, and I'm sure you're not a massive w***er.

Back