Ziebs given Three weeks and 1 to Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ziebs given Three weeks

4 with a 3 or 3 with a 2?

In full:

Jack Ziebell, North Melbourne,has been charged with a level three bumping or making forceful contact from front-on offence against Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda, during the third quarter of the Round 23 match between North Melbourne and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday August 27, 2011.

In summary, due to his carry over points for a previous offence, he can accept a three-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from St Kilda, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 400 demerit points and a four-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. He has 60 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 460 demerit points and a four-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 345 points and a three-match sanction.

My goodness - did he kill someone? FFS Lloyd got 4 for putting a guy in hospital, and then Thomas gets 2 for full on frontal contact.

Straight into preseason mode for Jack.

Will be a beast next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In full:

Jack Ziebell, North Melbourne,has been charged with a level three bumping or making forceful contact from front-on offence against Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda, during the third quarter of the Round 23 match between North Melbourne and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday August 27, 2011.

In summary, due to his carry over points for a previous offence, he can accept a three-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from St Kilda, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 400 demerit points and a four-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. He has 60 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 460 demerit points and a four-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 345 points and a three-match sanction.

I suppose I can't really argue with that.

However, I would like to know how a similiar rating only elicited Thomas 2 weeks.

Levi's 1 week is a joke. A dead set joke.

Can Jack work this off in pre season matches?

Which part would you argue with - reckless, medium or high?

Can't argue with high. Possibly negligent, possibly even low impact, arguing that Riewoldt played out the game (quite well, iirc) and was unaffected. Or that any "damage" caused was from landing on him.

Having said that, the club would be better off not challenging - would rather him miss three weeks than four.

Nah, PS doesn't count Teffy.

The only thing you might argue is that he hit him in the shoulder. Not worth risking another week though.

Werribee and North Ballarat are not going to be happy with us this week. 2 on ballers out pretty much means we're going to pillage their midfield for a dead rubber when they are playing finals.

Personally I think we should pick a "development side" against Richmond and "experiment" with a few players "in new positions". Who knows, we may just find ourselves with a top 15 pick.

I would love to know how Dale Thomas hit was only low impact? They gave him two weeks so he would be ready for the prelim finals what a load of s**t. There's that biased that north always seems to get. Only difference i can see between the two is that Nick has possession when he gets cleaned up. Challenge it Jack, you have every right to. You were going to hit him and then he ducked down so you protected your body and tried to minimise the contact. You could have broken his ****in neck and done the world a favour if you didnt go side on and jump.

Werribee and North Ballarat are not going to be happy with us this week. 2 on ballers out pretty much means we're going to pillage their midfield for a dead rubber when they are playing finals.

Personally I think we should pick a "development side" against Richmond and "experiment" with a few players "in new positions". Who knows, we may just find ourselves with a top 10 pick.

I hope he lines up against Sandy in round 1 opposite St Kildas new prize 1st round 78 kg midfield draftee and starts pointing and screaming "YOU'RE DEAD MOTHER****ER!"

Better yet, I hope Goddard gets rubbed out and lines up on him in round 1 of the VFL. I'll DEFINITELY show up for that.

Personally I think we should pick a "development side" against Richmond and "experiment" with a few players "in new positions". Who knows, we may just find ourselves with a top 15 pick.

Would be a fairly hollow way to send out a bloke that gave his all every time he went out.

Would be a fairly hollow way to send out a bloke that gave his all every time he went out.
Was hoping for massive changes until I remembered it was Brady's last game. We will see Pratt and H in and maybe two more changes only I reckon.

Was hoping for massive changes until I remembered it was Brady's last game. We will see Pratt and H in and maybe two more changes only I reckon.

If they were going to make massive changes then they should have done it a month ago. One game would give them very little to work on.

From where I sit there is no reason why we shouldn't rip out Richmonds throat on Sunday.

There is a thread on quotes in the rooms, sunday's should be;

2 goals 7, this team cost you finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back