Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't as impressive as Majak Daw's 6 goals 4 against us a couple years back.

:$
Or Butcher's 6 against us (when we had all of our key backs out).
6.0 he kicked.
He'll never do that again at any level

Carlisle will play defence this week.
That's where we'd play him

Well Carlton swapped pick 7 for 19 to get Jacksch - Swap 3 for 6 and 21 for 24 for Carlisle - Which deal is better.

Too early to tell, but I'm happy with the Jaksch and Whiley (the guy that Pendles begged Collingwood to get) and pick 19.

Why swap our first pick when if he picks us, a 2nd round pick will do. Madness.

If Jake was to nominate Blues would 2nd round pick get it done?
In any world where the PSD isn't a threat? Of course not. He was taken pick #24, in a pretty good draft, and has turned out a very good selection. And you want us to trade him to you for pick #21 (or later with compo picks) in a weak draft? What are the odds that pick will turn into any type of player, let alone one who has shown what Carlisle has?

So with no PSD threat and him not selecting Carlton (who knows on both), we'd obviously take the Bulldog's first pick plus something to be negotiated over a single pick 22 odd.

If the situation was reversed, could you really see Essendon swapping picks with Carlton? Doubt it. Dodoro definitely wouldn't and I think we all know that
I'd be giving Essendon decent value without using my first. Something like Carlton's 2nd round + one of the picks from Yarran/Henderson trades would likely suffice, whilst Carlton would also be able to pick up Rice with the remaining pick.

In any world where the PSD isn't a threat? Of course not. He was taken pick #24, in a pretty good draft, and has turned out a very good selection. And you want us to trade him to you for pick #21 (or later with compo picks) in a weak draft? What are the odds that pick will turn into any type of player, let alone one who has shown what Carlisle has?

So with no PSD threat and him not selecting Carlton (who knows on both), we'd obviously take the Bulldog's first pick plus something to be negotiated over a single pick 22 odd.

Do Bombers want an experienced player in return?

Hard to put a price on Jake but I rate him high enough to put up something good on offer. Got to give up something special to get something special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be giving Essendon decent value without using my first. Something like Carlton's 2nd round + one of the picks from Yarran/Henderson trades would likely suffice, whilst Carlton would also be able to pick up Rice with the remaining pick.

So, lets say its the other way around.
Essendon are after Henderson "similar type player".
Carlisle wants to go to the Cats and the Cats are open to trading their first (which has been mooted). There maybe other picks moved around in the equation.
Henderson and around 12 other Carlton players have a potential ban hanging over their head and it may not be known until after the trade period.
You end up getting pick 11-14 from the Cats for Carlisle.
Do you then package up say pick 14 and pick 21 (as you are in Carlton's position and finish 3rd last) for Hendo with all the above details in mind?

Dreaming, let me know when you have come back to earth then might discuss other trade options

Carlisle wants to go to the Cats and the Cats are open to trading their first (which has been mooted). There maybe other picks moved around in the equation.
Henderson and around 12 other Carlton players have a potential ban hanging over their head and it may not be known until after the trade period.
Do you then package up say pick 14 and pick 21 (as you are in Carlton's position and finish 3rd last) for Hendo with all the above details in mind?
Has Hendos form this year affected his trade value?

Second rounder won't be taken to well by EFC. This draft falls away heavily around that pick...

Essendon need to replace Jake's position immediately. I'd be pushing to get a trade similar to Beams trade. Experienced player ready to go in exchange

Jake is not the same calibre as Beams so big package not required just straight swap with maybe few exchange of picks in there

Henderson will not attract a first round pick.

I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore, your mindset will remain unchanged no matter what I or others say.
Dreaming, let me know when you have come back to earth then might discuss other trade options
You're right, Carlisle is 100% going in the PSD :drunk:

Henderson will not attract a first round pick.

I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore, your mindset will remain unchanged no matter what I or others say.

You're right, Carlisle is 100% going in the PSD :drunk:

Yer and Blues will trade you 2nd Round and one of Yarran and Henderson?

What sounds more stupider to you

Yer and Blues will trade you 2nd Round and one of Yarran and Henderson?

What sounds more stupider to you
I don't want one of Yarran or Henderson, just the pick in the late 20's or early 30's that you get for them.
I know stats aren't everything, but if you want to check both Henderson and Carlisle's stats for 2015. You maybe surprised that Hendo maybe fairing better. Both have gone back and forward. Worth a look!
Might want to check Carlisle's pre season, or the fact that he's spent much more time in the ruck than Henderson. Jake is a far superior prospect.

Yes. If you're in Carlton's position the next 12 months don't matter anyway. In fact, not having the guy is in some ways a plus since you'll finish lower and get a better pick. The team who finishes 3rd last won't be thinking about 2016, they should be planning for 2020. And Carlisle absolutely makes sense, in 2020 he'll be at the height of his capability. Hell, if he gets banned you also get his 2016 salary cap space back, which allows you to load up for a FA bid at the end of 2016 as well.

And as I pointed out earlier, even under the worse scenario with a 2 year suspension given the result should come out October odd, he'd be available to play April 2017. So you miss only one season, at worse.

To be clear, I rate Carlisle higher than Henderson, and he's 2 years younger as well. Both factors that increase his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back