Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want one of Yarran or Henderson, just the pick in the late 20's or early 30's that you get for them.

Might want to check Carlisle's pre season, or the fact that he's spent much more time in the ruck than Henderson. Jake is a far superior prospect.

For a player that wants out id be taking anything that is remotely decent than pushing your luck with something that won't happen

Jake is a very good player and will play a big role but your making it out like his Buddy Franklin

Maybe true but, I was only asking about Hendo??

This thread really isn't about Hendo though. I'm pointing out that they both have had similar years. Nothing too special. Yes Carlisle has spent some time in the ruck. He is averaging a dismal 3.5 hit outs a match and from being around the ball that much, I would expect him to be averaging more than just the 11 disposals a game.

I am sure it will work it self out. I just think you guys will get ripped if he leaves. Whether it be to Carlton or any other club.

This thread really isn't about Hendo though. I'm pointing out that they both have had similar years. Nothing too special. Yes Carlisle has spent some time in the ruck. He is averaging a dismal 3.5 hit outs a match and from being around the ball that much, I would expect him to be averaging more than just the 11 disposals a game.

I am sure it will work it self out. I just think you guys will get ripped if he leaves. Whether it be to Carlton or any other club.
A simple yes or no answer to my question would've been fine, it wasn't a hard question......

To be fair Henderson is also being played out of position he's really a defender but Mick choose to play him forward
Fair enough, but I was talking about Carlisle. Pre seasons have a massive impact on a players form throughout the season. Nic Nat completed his first full pre season and I'd say he's now the best ruckman in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he leaves, 2 picks in the 20-30 range from which ever club would be around the best EFC could hope for.

I'd be disappointed with him leaving as I doubt we would get anything close to his value with these picks but it is a buyers market.
That probably wouldn't be out of the question with Future picks able to be traded you would just hope a team that needs a defender will target him

Is he also leaving because his partner told him to?

If the situation was reversed, could you really see Essendon swapping picks with Carlton? Doubt it. Dodoro definitely wouldn't and I think we all know that

I can see it happening,

There'd be a quick meeting,

"who you picking if we swap" says Dodoro, "Laverde or Goddard, we all know you need a tall.."

Were taking Boekhurst says the Carton brains, but don't tell anyone, we'd hate for him to get pinched from right under our nose..

OK says dodoro, we'll swap and settle for Laverde and whatever else you can spare...

Just because you gave us a massive gift last year don't expect anything in return...Overlooking Laverde will prove to be a huge error...

A Scientific Study found:

Average % rate of delusional fans at 17 AFL Clubs = 40%

Average % rate of delusional fans at Carlton FC = 95%
Fixed :thumbsu:

Would that be enough? Unlikely to be a top 10 selection.
No, which is why I said "and then haggling over what else". That's where the debate would be. I would think we would want more than their 2nd round pick, they would try and get away with as little as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back