gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I was fortunate to watch Werribee & Northern Blues on the weekend and was thinking watching the match that these 2 are going to be the best forwards of 2015 draft once they get going in 2017 season. Both 200cm Giants and both seem like will have no trouble breaking into their senior squads in 2017 as realistically cannot see any players keeping them out of their respected squads. Sure Schache and Weideman were both taken earlier in the draft but just guy feel these 2 will be on par or possibly out perform both next year

Harry McKay taken by Carlton at Pick 10. Super athletic and seems in my opinion an extension of Tom Boyd. Dominant in the ruck and pushes forward and kicks goals. Since returning from back injury has shown why taken top 10

Ben McKay taken by NMFC at 21. Very versitle playing both ends but think will settle forward

Where do we all see the McKay brothers compared to other key forwards taken within last 3 years?
Will they be more dominant than or as dominant as Jesse Hogan or Tom Lynch and will they prove to be better than forwards taken at #1 and #2 like Tom Boyd, Paddy McCartin and Josh Schache or too early to make that assumption?

Harry definitely cannot be considered 'dominant in the ruck'.
Not yet, only few games in. Will play primarily forward, least 70% forward
I'm liking his ruck ability as a junior better than Kreuzer as a junior, Harry is a Gorilla at his age

Bit early to call on any of them, but reading the VFL wrap weideman has kicked a lot of goals in his first year.

Schache well u can't imagine what he would be doing in the VFL as he averages a bit under a goal a game at AFL level.

I think it will be a great forwards draft when you add in the McKay brothers and Curnow and Hiowood and Burton!

Bit early to call on any of them, but reading the VFL wrap weideman has kicked a lot of goals in his first year.

Schache well u can't imagine what he would be doing in the VFL as he averages a bit under a goal a game at AFL level.

I think it will be a great forwards draft when you add in the McKay brothers and Curnow and Hiowood and Burton!

Hipwood been good. Haven't seen much or Burton or Weideman

Weideman looks like a project player. Very good VFL stats. Demons wforward line shaping well with Hogan Weideman Watts Garlett Petracca and few little goal sneaks resting up there.

Blues right now have few with Harry McKay Charlie Curnow and Jack Silvagni impressing this year. Kangaroos will see a good duo of Sam Durdin & Ben McKay come in next year, Petrie & Waite will make way for both of them

Ben is building. His contested marking is pretty damn impressive and probably his major strength. Still a couple of years away, but with Brown, Wood and Daw there to take up the reigns of Petrie and Waite when they retire, we won't need him for a few years.

Ben is building. His contested marking is pretty damn impressive and probably his major strength. Still a couple of years away, but with Brown, Wood and Daw there to take up the reigns of Petrie and Waite when they retire, we won't need him for a few years.

Waite is vulnerable to hold his spot with injury. Can't see a lot holding them back. Majak is a 50:50 if stays at NMFC

Weideman looks like a project player. Very good VFL stats. Demons wforward line shaping well with Hogan Weideman Watts Garlett Petracca and few little goal sneaks resting up there.

Blues right now have few with Harry McKay Charlie Curnow and Jack Silvagni impressing this year. Kangaroos will see a good duo of Sam Durdin & Ben McKay come in next year, Petrie & Waite will make way for both of them
Add silvagni to the list of forward prospects from last years draft! Pretty deep at this early stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah.

When should we expect to see Ryan Burton play senior football. Highly rated junior
He is back playing at BH as of last Saturday but will be nursed through the summer. With everything going perfectly he would play some practice matches next year but it is baby steps with him I think.

I was fortunate to watch Werribee & Northern Blues on the weekend and was thinking watching the match that these 2 are going to be the best forwards of 2015 draft once they get going in 2017 season. Both 200cm Giants and both seem like will have no trouble breaking into their senior squads in 2017 as realistically cannot see any players keeping them out of their respected squads. Sure Schache and Weideman were both taken earlier in the draft but just guy feel these 2 will be on par or possibly out perform both next year

Harry McKay taken by Carlton at Pick 10. Super athletic and seems in my opinion an extension of Tom Boyd. Dominant in the ruck and pushes forward and kicks goals. Since returning from back injury has shown why taken top 10

Ben McKay taken by NMFC at 21. Very versitle playing both ends but think will settle forward

Where do we all see the McKay brothers compared to other key forwards taken within last 3 years?
Will they be more dominant than or as dominant as Jesse Hogan or Tom Lynch and will they prove to be better than forwards taken at #1 and #2 like Tom Boyd, Paddy McCartin and Josh Schache or too early to make that assumption?

Well those other guys all have played AFL and played quite a few games so pretty difficult to compare. I'll go out on a limb and say no, they won't be as good.

I thought as a Kangaroos supporter you would agree. How much football is left in Waite and Petrie?
It's not so much that, it's the fact that you have Durdin and McKay as direct replacements as of 2017, which they won't be. As promising as they've been in the magoos, they're both a while off debuting.

One of Waite and Petrie will most likely retire, leaving Waite/Petrie, Brown and Daw as the main targets, with Wood having large stints in there as well.

I thought as a Kangaroos supporter you would agree. How much football is left in Waite and Petrie?

They may retire at the end of the year, but Brown and Wood will be the #1 and 2 banana, I think Majak will resign and he's a better player than the other two atm. There's no rush.

Way way too early to be saying this when they haven't played an AFL game, don't think either will be better than Schache, and Hipwood has really impressed so far, no chance they're as dominant as hogan or Lynch, those two will murder backlines for years especially Lynch. Once Mccartin puts it all together I don't see either being better than him, Boyd has question marks but with time should be very good, would be an effort for either McKay to be better IMO.

Way way too early to be saying this when they haven't played an AFL game, don't think either will be better than Schache, and Hipwood has really impressed so far, no chance they're as dominant as hogan or Lynch, those two will murder backlines for years especially Lynch. Once Mccartin puts it all together I don't see either being better than him, Boyd has question marks but with time should be very good, would be an effort for either McKay to be better IMO.

Way to early to say anything and yet they definitively won't be better than anyone?

I agree with Lynch as he's the best kpf in the league, along with Franklin.

As for McCartin, he hasn't demonstrated anything yet to say that he will be definatively better than anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back