Autopsy Postmatch discussion/autopsy vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

the game in just two players Kennedy 7.0 waite 1.7 that's the game right there couldn't have been anymore opposite to eachother.
When you have blokes from west coast banging goals from 50m and when You have brown running into a pack a spoiling Goldstein that's where the game plan is s**t in the forward line.
Poor games by ; Thompson Hansen and Waite.
Nah Waite was good the other 2 were absolute Ring ....!!

the game in just two players Kennedy 7.0 waite 1.7 that's the game right there couldn't have been anymore opposite to eachother.
When you have blokes from west coast banging goals from 50m and when You have brown running into a pack a spoiling Goldstein that's where the game plan is s**t in the forward line.
Poor games by ; Thompson Hansen and Waite.
Yep, comparing fwd structure, how many times did Darling and JJK get in each others way? Continually worked to make and keep space.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think we played too badly. The wheels did kinda come of towards the end. Set shots were the biggest difference today. We missed some easy ones while they were kicking them from anywhere - Yeo from 60, Cripps from 50 on the boundary, Kennedy a banana from the pocket. Thommo was bad but geez what does he need to do to get a free kick - umps missed 2 clear ones in the 4th only couple minutes apart.

Surely Durdin and EVW come in for Thommo and Hansen. Thommo doesn't look 100% and Hansen is done as an AFL footballer. Gotta get Clarke in there too. Play the kids.

Only saw second half, however:
Defensive structure despicable. Defenders despicable. Thompson and Hansen obviously but also MacMillan and McDonald. Tarrant had a poor game too.
Thought Williams was alright.
Hrovat, Atley - where?
Ziebell still hacking it, seniors players making basic skill errors. Dumont some howlers too.
How about that passage of play where we had numbers and Hansen fumbled the ball backwards into their 50 then dragged it in and (rightly) got pinged? He and Thompson got in plenty of positions to intercept and then dropped every single ****ing mark.
Skillswise surely the only way is up?

Last edited:
I thought we were ok. Poor skill errors and s**t kicking on goals cost. If we tidy up the goal kicking and skill errors the game was there to be won!
Im more frustrated that the kids struggled! We never seem to have kids come in and light it up

I'd rather watch us lose by 10 goals playing kids / rebuilding properly than watch Thompson, Gibson , to a lesser extent swollow (although he tries his guts out)

I would keep playing Hanson for the short term though .

We were bad but we wasted a lot of opportunity

And saw nothing from Scott like we did in the JLT
Where were atley and LT in the middle?

I wonder if our chasing of a big name at seasons end would be effected for a payout of Scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So bad it's nearly funny.

Need a lot more from those who are meant to lead.

Stagnant, flat, and uncommitted for a lot of them.

If this year isn't about pushing deep into September I expect senior players dropped after that.

We had 3 less scoring shots and almost cracked 100.

I'm not buying into the doom and gloom.

Defensive transition and our back 6 were our biggest weakness.

Thompson/Hansen can't both play in the same team. Can make arguments that neither should play. I would rather Durdin make mistakes than either of them.

4 debutantes. Another 2 playing their first for the club. West coast had 0 debutantes, and 3(?) new, but mature, players. IMO this explains a lot of our problems, and should improve drastically.

Higgins played more inside as we missed Cunnington. Dumont was off kilter for half the game. Taz looked rubbish for a bunch. Waite and LT forgot how to kick goals.

There is shitload of room for improvement based on that one game. Disappointed in a lot of our leaders though, and I hope the acid is put on them.

Overall though, I'm not making any judgements on our year as a whole just yet. Glad we had so many new players in the team and hope that we keep playing them and more. I don't care about the 8 at all. We're due a year where we can just aim to learn and improve, instead of trying to squeeze every last inch out of our team and players to scrap into the bottom half of the 8, resulting in ridiculous player and selection management.

Positives:

Goldstein was good. Dominated the hit outs and kicked 3. Can't ask for more than that from the big man.
Debuts out of the way: None of our debutants did particularly well; but at least they've got a game under their belt
We had plenty of chances: We didn't lose for lack of opportunity
Preuss kicked a goal on debut and was serviceable at the centre bounces. Well done mate. Not bad for a rugby player!
Marly Williams did a good job.

Negatives:

Waite kicked SEVEN behinds. Pretty much summed up our whole day
Fitness: The Eagles ran us off our feet
Disposal: Horrible. Just horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible
Defence: Thompson has been a good footballer; he looked worse than ordinary today. And as for Hanson ...

Bitter/Sweet:

Dumont looks very much at home in the midfield. 25 possessions was a good return. But omg the turn overs!
Jack got more than 30 possessions in the midfield. But omg, the shocking disposal efficiency
Swallow back to his bustling best. But omg, the turn overs!

Perplexing:

Is Luke McDonald going to be a great player? He's okay. But is he going to justify his high pick?
Atley in the midfield is the move we've been waiting for. But meh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back