2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't really help the integrity of the club and the AFL that to this day they still claim he had "mental health issues", when what he was really struggling with was meth addiction.

Disrespectful to people who are actually struggling with mental health issues IMO.

The AFL really needs to take a look at its "zero tolerance" approach to recreational drugs and realise that they aren't really being the role model they claim to be by just pretending it doesn't exist in their ranks.

Wow - that's powerful.

Great message to spread, I hope Yaz can get it out amongst those similarly affected.

Good to see someone with such a profile battle these demons so openly.

Just want to hug and hi-five him

Doesn't really help the integrity of the club and the AFL that to this day they still claim he had "mental health issues", when what he was really struggling with was meth addiction.

Disrespectful to people who are actually struggling with mental health issues IMO.

The AFL really needs to take a look at its "zero tolerance" approach to recreational drugs and realise that they aren't really being the role model they claim to be by just pretending it doesn't exist in their ranks.
Meth might be his way of coping with deeper mental health issues. Some people get mental health issues from drug addiction some the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meth might be his way of coping with deeper mental health issues. Some people get mental health issues from drug addiction some the other way around.

Yes this

I couldn't imagine using it to mask mental issues however no two people are the same. I struggled with mental health and thanks to my change in lifestyle I don't so much at the moment I put my mind into making music.

We are all different with different life events. I just hope anyone in his position finds happiness.

Last edited:

Or the AFL and Richmond might just have been lying to save face.

It's fine to talk about mental illness because it's not breaking any AFL rules. But as long as the AFL retains punishments for players and clubs for using recreational drugs, clubs will continue to cover it up under the guise of "mental illness". That mentality needs to change.

Or the AFL and Richmond might just have been lying to save face.

It's fine to talk about mental illness because it's not breaking any AFL rules. But as long as the AFL retains punishments for players and clubs for using recreational drugs, clubs will continue to cover it up under the guise of "mental illness". That mentality needs to change.
Yeah its a fair point.

Geelong fans have been in a funny-ass mood on the mb for a month now - reckon it all started when they realised the wheels had fallen off

They are so defensive of their beloved cats, dangerwood and kardinia park :D

Wheels fallen off? They just had a massive win over Richmond and are a genuine premiership contender.

Abuse has been passed down to him through the environment he has grown up around.
Can't help but feel so sad for him and anyone who has been through this. More needs to be done by society to assist in breaking the cycle of abuse for those who are most at risk. It seems he did everything he could to better himself in his life and he faced many challenges than a lot of us,but the influence of others - especially a good friend or a family member brought him undone.
Good on ya Chris for speaking out- you have a lot of guts.
I hope you find peace with yourself and that the peace you find fulfills your life to better yourself and others around you.

Still guts me what happened to Barlow. Very good article. Would love to see De Boer win a premiership medal.

That's a great article. Gives those nuff nuffs who bemoaned DeBoer's inclusion in the team a window into what a team player brings to a game like footy. Well done to Matty always like him and glad he's got his chance at GWS - even though I don't have much time for that plastic fantastic club, giving a couple of our old workhorses a good way to finish their careers is appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm glad he got a lifeline with you guys, hope he gets a premiership medal.
The abuse he received on your board when taken in the draft last year was saddening
Sadly it may be we are a bit too used to welcoming top 10 picks. We'll mature as a supporter group though, and he has a friend in high places in Leon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back