Preview Rd17: Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weeks VFL certainly didn't inspire. I'd almost replace him with LDU just for the sake of it tbh. Surely some on the match committee must feel the same way. Oh and I've been meaning to ask, any goss on Simpkin's form?
Ok so we have written off the vfl team for one bad game in absolute sh... conditions which is fair enough, as the AFL team copped the same crap in their game against the suns, but I'm of the theory that there are some good solid players in that squad, several of who should have been looked at for this week. For a club that is in a development stage, we are way behind at exposing our young players to games compared to others.
Snake....what the!!

What tactical advantage does not bringing in a tall provide?
Brown is going to get a train run on him by the swans defense cause no one will be there to provide other options. You all may retort with 'Daw will go forward' but something tells me he will be needed to stop the bleeding in defense.
Late change perhaps....

What tactical advantage does not bringing in a tall provide?
Brown is going to get a train run on him by the swans defense cause no one will be there to provide other options. You all may retort with 'Daw will go forward' but something tells me he will be needed to stop the bleeding in defense.

Need to fit Hrovat in.

The morons on the other side aren't any better if they think $25 million will float a Tasmanian team.

The Green morons or the Tory morons? Anyway I agree that's s ridiculolous amount of money should be at least $500m and include a brewery, winery and distillery. It would be a great tourist attraction and take the focus off the unrelenting belting s new team would suffer for 20-30yrs......or they could give the $25m to North and we will put in a coffee shop at Blundstone arena :thumbsu:

Can Brad hold a press conference just to explain what Nathan Hrovat does above anyone else on the list for the position & role he plays? I get what he provides in the whole of the structure. But he still needs to provide us something as an individual player.
Um, no. Can we just assume that, given injures and current state of development, the coaches believe he is currently the best option available for the task they need fulfilled? He has played VFL so is not undroppable and is in the fringe that would be back there if Garner, Hartung and others were available. But they aren't. Doing your bit in the structure, even if looking just ok individually, is not a small thing.

I really can’t blame rat for getting selected - it’s more to do with scotts and him not having any trust in our youth.

If Walker/Hayden/Williams come in , are we really going to be that much worse off.

Craziness is doing the same thing over n over and expecting a different result.

Doing your bit in the structure, even if looking just ok individually, is not a small thing.

He's not though. Last three weeks, combined

Offensive:
Inside 50s: 4 (over 1 a game) LOW
Goal assists: 2 (.66 a game) - Above average
Score involvements: 9 (3 a game) LOW
Goals: 1(.3 a game) LOW (for a forward)

Defensive:
Tackles: 5 (1.6 a game) LOW
Pressure acts: 48 (16 a game) - Below average

The individual in question is one of the reasons why the structure keeps falling down. I was defending Hrovat earlier in the year, saying everyone hypes up Turner and bashes NH.

Happy to say I was wrong. Hrovat is awful. Needs to be dropped.

No one seems to have answered the question about Snake and what he's done to get suspended again.

Anyone know? Has some precious petal on some other board got his or her knickers in a knot and complained?

Same, no idea

He has had the brazen bits up lately though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see Morgan in. We need to keep giving some of these VFL players a go to see what they can bring to the team. Would of liked Walker & Larkey in as well.

What I don't understand about Rat is how he has gotten even worse than last year.

He kicked how many last year? 22? Actually not bad, thought he was building. Shame he's gone backwards.

We need to keep winning. Bringing in effectively 3 debutants against Sydney in a virtual final is not a good idea IMO

Only way to get better is to try new players. Reckon Walker could give us more than Hrovat & Larkey could go ok with the opposition more worried about Brown. Think North May have played one of the less amount of players for the year.

I actually saw signs last week after watching the replay. While he didn't get much of the ball, he was front and center at a lot more contests so hopefully the ball falls more his way if he keep presenting. I think another week is worthwhile.
Yes he was front an centre, but mostly stationary and ineffective unless it came straight down his throat. He needs to be getting to the marking contest at pace or at least moving to have more impact.

I really can’t blame rat for getting selected - it’s more to do with scotts and him not having any trust in our youth.

If Walker/Hayden/Williams come in , are we really going to be that much worse off.

Craziness is doing the same thing over n over and expecting a different result.
We actually seem to lift in the games when we have a debutant. Hopefully Morgan's inclusion is enough to give us that lift (but I would have been happy to see another in for Hrovat)

It’s got to the stage that nearly my biggest hope for tomorrow is that Hrovat has a good game... The last player to receive this amount of hate from the North supporter base in general was Shannon Watt. Gibbo, at his most shankful even, had an easier ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back