Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course not, but Lyon comes out the day and says what a champion Gaff is. Then Brayshaw dad comes out and says he wants to shake Gaffs hand and urges people to get around him.
Make no mistake I thought 8 weeks was about right but why didn’t these guys come out with these comments yesterday and settle down the hysteria.
Because they were severely pissed off! It's natural to be protective of a young player, the kid is still growing and he copped serious injury that may be ongoing.

My unreserved apologies to Adam Simpson on that front.
Now pardon me while I insert a garden gnome into Ross Lyon.

2ffuuu.jpg

Last edited:

The arrogance of the wce on show for all to see,gaff punches a player,Simpson’s he didn’t mean it,nisbett has denied and deflected for how many years ?
Gaff has changed his story how many times ?

That's ok Kebab.

Your mob can just look forward to a priority pick again.
That's if you apply. Oh hang on...………….

8 weeks is a fair suspension given the circumstances. Anything below 7 would have been way unders.

Now we move on. Hope Andy Brayshaw is tracking well and on the mend. Hope Gaff gets some counselling or psychology to help deal with what his going through as well.

Its over now, lets move on.

I would lose my job and be deregistered by my professional body if I did what Gaff did. How about you?
My job does not involve a physical contact sport watched by millions each year, where expectations are high and emotions sometimes boil-over...Anger is a dangerous emotion that changes the way you think and act, that inhibits your reasoning skills and self-control when it's bad enough. And when you lose control of yourself well, that's when someone else takes control of you. It might just be for a split second for the only time in your life, but you can pay a heavy price for it. Time to extinguish the torches and put down those pitchforks!

Why is everyone ok with Brayshaws tactics? They are not legal, if he was '100mtrs' away from the play.
He was blocking Gaff from running and so Gaff should of been awarded a free kick, the umpires and the AFL have a lot to answer for. I've shown people from overseas our sport and everyone of them ask why are they are bumping into each other all the time? The game isn't even inplay or the ball is 100mtrs away, it looks terrible and all the kids playing want to copy this crap. AFL need to change the umpiring and award free kicks for this stuff which is happening off the ball

Why is everyone ok with Brayshaws tactics? They are not legal, if he was '100mtrs' away from the play.
He was blocking Gaff from running and so Gaff should of been awarded a free kick, the umpires and the AFL have a lot to answer for. I've shown people from overseas our sport and everyone of them ask why are they are bumping into each other all the time? The game isn't even inplay or the ball is 100mtrs away, it looks terrible and all the kids playing want to copy this crap. AFL need to change the umpiring and award free kicks for this stuff which is happening off the ball
Holy s**t, Brayshaw wasn't whacking him, he was just running along in his way.

Happens constantly every single game played for decades.

Will the AFLPA approach the AFL and demand that all punching in a game result in a minimum of 1 week suspension?
I think it should be a week for swinging a punch or elbow, not even connecting (I mean an action that is ruled deliberate). Two weeks as soon as you connect and add weeks for severity after that. No player has any need to deliberately swing a punch or elbow. Swinging punches isn't part of the game. Then there is no "I meant to hit him in the guts". As soon as you say that, you're suspended.

Just listened to Mark Brayshaw talk about the incident and I’ve got to say that quite a few could take a page from his book.

He rang Gaffs family to make sure they were okay.
He was concerned for Gaff when watching him from the stands because he felt the change in the game.
He said he knows it’s a chest punch that went terribly wrong
And he will ensure after hearing the Bruns story that both Andrews get together and talk about the incident so they can move on.

All class at a time that must of been very traumatic for the family and I admire how they’ve been throughout this incident

West Coast supporters have been dealt with harshly.

In a thread condemning violence and poor behaviour, there sure are a lot of opposition supporters hungry to land a cyber king hit.

I thought with deep root canal/Implants etc that it was amazing what Dental Surgeons could do these days.

I’ve got one. Front tooth. Was actually pretty simple process. Tooth/Root cleaned (painful as hell), tooth pulled, gum opened up to put fake bone in their (so they had something to drill into) and then about 2 hours under a sheet whilst they inserted the screw thingy and then twisted the tooth in.

That was 10 years ago too. 4 appointments over 2 months

You wouldn’t know I had one. Only issue is if I eat any take away wrapped in foil and the tooth gets within a cm or so of the wrapping I get a painful shock lol. My fault for not fully unwrapping the food haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because they were severely pissed off! It's natural to be protective of a young player, the kid is still growing and he copped serious injury that may be ongoing.
Perhaps because it would have been lost and /or dismissed in the hysteria for Gaffs blood. Now the issue has been dealt with and a punishment declared, the timing of this may help to settle those still craving more- or not.

Holy s**t, Brayshaw wasn't whacking him, he was just running along in his way.

Happens constantly every single game played for decades.

And people who did this were taken care with physical abuse similar to what Gaff did for decades. We want it out of the game so take it all out of the game.

Just listened to Mark Brayshaw talk about the incident and I’ve got to say that quite a few could take a page from his book.

He was concerned for Gaff when watching him from the stands because he felt the change in the game.
And he will ensure after hearing the Bruns story that both Andrews get together and talk about the incident so they can move on.

All class at a time that must of been very traumatic for the family and I admire how they’ve been throughout this incident

While so many unaffected parties joined the outraged rabble, you’ve got a bloke deeply involved remaining level headed with an eye on the bigger picture. Hats off.

Wonder if the Gaff family rang the Brayshaws ?

Fat wife, ugly kids, s**t job. Mate, where do we take out our impotent rage if not on this incident peripheral to our lives?

Old Trev Nisbett has come out of this looking dodgy as hell.

Trashed his own reputation for what? Maybe saving Gaff a week or two of suspension.

He should really be removed by the WAFC.
Nisbett (and Simpson) had no choice but to talk to the press, Had they refused they would have copped flack. Throughout the talk they both constantly said that both the club and Gaff had to own the situation and cop the penalty. Both emphasized that the process was underway and they would wait for that process to be completed. The media are pushing the line that both said they believed Gaff when he said it was not intentional. By that both meant the whack in the head was not intentional. They never denied the hit happened but were trying to explain that Gaff hadn't tried to "king hit" Brayshaw off the ball but had been trying to hit him across the chest to get away from the tag. Both said several times Gaff had got it horribly wrong. There is nothing wrong with a club trying to explain why a guy who had never done anything similar had done what occurred. The alternative would have been to say nothing and let everyone think the intention had been to "king hit" Brayshaw for no apparent reason. Any club would do the same. Of course that rabble calling themselves the media aren't interested in that and want to make more of it.

Having said that, Nisbett needs to ensure he uses better language when talking to those vultures and don't state things as facts unless he knows they are. It's pretty irrelevant but stating that they all played golf when it seems that hasn't been fully established just leaves him open to criticism. The situation with the cameraman on the NicNat injury was also poor as Simpson said one thing and was contradicted by Nisbett later. The club needs to look closely at it's media relations area (Gary Stocks)

I am fine with that outcome.

Changes I would like to see the AFL implement include;
  • mandatory 1 week suspension for any deliberate punch including jumper punches*
  • any deliberate, out of play strikes to the head which result in significant injury to result in player de-registration, with the player being eligible to re-enter the AFL via the draft.
The 1 week suspension is designed to get rid of the stupid niggling that has become common in the game.

The de-registration is designed to address what is in reality not an AFL rules issue, but more something that crosses into the area of assault under common law.

* would consider "sin bin" but not red card. My main issue being the AFL seems to have a significant issue with umpire bias in games.

Back