Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

Its about what Caddy would have given your club if you weren't so silly in off loading him.

That's hypothetical.

In 71 games he kicked 59 goals at Geelong, he's already surpassed that at Richmond.

In his first 120 games he kicked 4 goals once, he's done it 6 times in his last 16 games.

I was a big fan of Caddy at Geelong and didn't want to trade him. But his output wasn't good enough for us and there wasn't much showing it'd change.

I'm glad he's completely changed his career at Richmond.

Not interested in averages, im talking about total output. Its about what Caddy would have given your club if you weren't so silly in off loading him.

Would he?

If we weren’t so silly in offloading him we wouldn’t have a kid who’s just turned 20 and is averaging a goal a game and just shy of 20 touches in his second season. How are there still people stupid enough to not see this.

Why would we want him? He was decidedly less consistent the Parfitt?!?

Great that he's done well at Richmond but he was less than stellar at Geelong

Seeing tigs supporters being so thankful for caddy (even though parFIT will be the better player), I thought I’d share the love and say a really, big thank you for Brad ottens.

Really want to let you folk know how grateful we geelong supporters are for ottens and the 3 flags he helped bring us. Sorry meyers and pattinson didn’t work out but hey, you’ve won 33% of the flags we’ve won in the modern error so you should be able to sleep at night.

Mwaz

Maybe if you developed him properly like Dimma has. Its more a reflection on Scotts limitations as a coach more than anything

Develop him all you want but I'd take Parfitt and Narkle every day of the week.

Also development is on the player too, at some stage I guess he decided to pull his finger out and put the effort in.

Maybe if you developed him properly like Dimma has. Its more a reflection on Scotts limitations as a coach more than anything

Oh that's what it is. Ok. Only had 6 full seasons in the afl system and countless coaches, assistants, and HP staff but it was just the Richmond head-coach's development (and no doubt his small-to-medium forward expertise fashioned by a lengthy career as a defender) that fixed everything. Sole reason.

Seeing tigs supporters being so thankful for caddy (even though parFIT will be the better player), I thought I’d share the love and say a really, big thank you for Brad ottens.

Really want to let you folk know how grateful we geelong supporters are for ottens and the 3 flags he helped bring us. Sorry meyers and pattinson didn’t work out but hey, you’ve won 33% of the flags we’ve won in the modern error so you should be able to sleep at night.

Mwaz

The less afl footy Mark Blake played and the various reasons leading to this is something everyone should be grateful for.

I agree two players you mentioned have similar output and value to Caddy alone. Caddy will be AA this year, Parfit and Narkle at this stage dont look anythjng like achieving that level (and unlikely to win a premiership unless they move clubs) Both solid B players at this stage

Last edited:
I agree two players you mentioned have similar output and value to Caddy alone. Caddy will be AA this year, Parfit and Narkle at this stage dont look anythjng like achieving that level (and unlikely to win a premiership unless they move clubs) Both good solid B+ players.

Are you just genuinely trolling or just blinded by Richmond?

If you don't think Parfitt or Narkle have shown much right now then you're a downright ******* idiot. I'm sorry but you are.

Are you just genuinely trolling or just blinded by Richmond?

If you don't think Parfitt or Narkle have shown much right now then you're a downright ******* idiot. I'm sorry but you are.
I didnt say they havent shown anything, i said solid B players. Would love them in our best 22 bottom 8 (Parfitt) bottom 5 or 6 Narkle.

^ they'd have to turn into bloody great footballers to reach the level Caddy's playing at the moment. In hindsight it looks a massive mistake trading him

Eh?

Caddy is 25 and averaging 17 touches, 2 goals, 4 marks and 3 tackles.

Parfitt is 20 and averaging 18 touches, 1 goal, 2.5 marks and 4 tackles.

Not an insane difference outside of the goals when Caddy has 100 games more of experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree two players you mentioned have similar output and value to Caddy alone. Caddy will be AA this year, Parfit and Narkle at this stage dont look anythjng like achieving that level (and unlikely to win a premiership unless they move clubs) Both good solid B+ players.

This has to be a joke surely? Narkle has played half a dozen games (and done quite well I might add) while Parfitt is basically exactly where a future elite mid/forward should be for a player who started this season as a teenager.

Post about reality, or piss off mate.

Mwaz
if we had pushed Ottens out the situation would be comparable. Not relevant here, he walked out on us.

Geelong made a mistake pushing Caddy out, but you may never have got Kelly if you had kept Caddy, so best to focus on that.

^ they'd have to turn into bloody great footballers to reach the level Caddy's playing at the moment. In hindsight it looks a massive mistake trading him

Based on what!!!!

We got a kid who is getting it nearly times a game and kicking a goal, who has 13 seasons of footy in front of him. Caddy is 6 years older, playing in the best team in the competition, playing very well it must be said, but you are looking at a couple of kids and saying they can never reach Caddy's level - mate go and watch footage of caddy at 22, 23, 24 - you'd say that Caddy could never reach Caddy's current level.

Holy s**t.

Cats fans up and about after beating Freo just to sneak into the 8... lol.
Caddy would be at home sitting on the couch sinking a VB pissing himself laughing.

Up and about over what? No one came in here to gloat, except Richmond fans. Namely you.

If we wanted to gloat we could bang on about Parfitt's 4 goals I guess but no one has bothered.

All I see from cats fans is a united demystifying of your utter bullshit

Also development is on the player too, at some stage I guess he decided to pull his finger out and put the effort in.

If you're going to include Narkle when assessing this trade you also need to include Jack...Jack Graham that is.

I think Graham can be good but I'd still take Parfitt and Narkle.

and Tigers will settle for blanketing the opposition best midfielder and kicking three in a Grand Final. ;-)

I think Graham is going to be one of those players that opposition clubs eventually wake up to how important he is to how we play, will be similar to Yeo at WCE.

Or maybe going to Richmond was what was needed to get him to pull his finger out?

Some players just take a while to truly get what is required to be a pro. Why are we always so quick to blame previous clubs?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back