Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken
I reckon another club is chasing Scott, hence agreeance to move on, I hope another club is chasing Ken, too, again.
ken will not get another coaching gig. In fact wouldnt suprise me if after us thats it for ken and footy. To me he lacks the passion he had when he came here. People within football circles at other clubs im sure can see that

Amazing at how little I cared when I checked the scores just before the end of the 1st quarter because I was at a wedding. Which I kinda already knew what I was going to see before I even opened the ******* thing.
I closed the app. Enjoyed the day and didn't actually give a single second more of thinking about this abortion.
Until this ******* moron is shown the door, like my 'use to be' chockas full bay, my interest will remain non existent. Just like yours Ken.
Go and get ****ed Ken Hinkley.

Ken

ken will not get another coaching gig. In fact wouldnt suprise me if after us thats it for ken and footy. To me he lacks the passion he had when he came here. People within football circles at other clubs im sure can see that

Agreed, I reckon Carlton would be as much chance of winning this year's flag as there is of kern ever getting a senior AFL gig again.

If we have any hope of getting rid of him

We need the media, but after what happened to Mark Neeld those days are way gone...

I mean I am right now watching Brad Scott getting nut hugged...but He has my respect now knowing what he did and what we are going through

2019 is North Melbourne''s 150th anniversary. I know they have pushed it a bit, but I don't think they have built it up as much as we have with the members and supporters.

North were prepared to move their coach on. It helped that coach was prepared to leave.

Just hard to see us do it.

Brad Scott's demise, this is the top three current coaches in terms of games coached without a premiership - Ross Lyon (293), Nathan Buckley (172) and Ken Hinkley (141). Brad had coached 210 games prior to this round. Rodney Eade leads all time list with 377.

Just imagine if Kochie gets his way and ken becomes a ten year coach

View attachment 680587
Those 2 coaches have made grannies at least

Like it or not, we have two and a half years of Hinkley. I just hope something positive happens in that time to give Boak a premiership.
I would hope they give a premiership to the supporters. After all, we are the ones paying their lofty salaries, including Boak's. I am sure he's got enough out of his years at the club. These are no ammo's we are talking about.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/6889814c718f6e34cec35e6da9c18eb4

Hinkley is philosophical about his side’s loss in Tasmania, which sees it now sitting just outside the league’s top eight - only on percentage - with a 5-5 win-loss record.

“We’re exactly where the ladder says, we’re 5-and-5,” he said. “Getting a read on the competition is really difficult and if you’re not on the end of a loss, you’re lucky enough to end up in victory. We learn as we go.”

He gets paid a heap of money for this schitt. And, guess what, the members of the Club are paying it.
This guy is the King of deflection....

Captain America himself couldn't deflect as much as this 🤡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youre always going to get a vocal segment of any supporter base who backs the coach to the hilt. I dont think our facebook happy clappers are alone in that.

Brad Scott and North Melbourne did this thing with dignity.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...as-north-melbourne-coach-20190526-p51r8s.html

He said he had made the decision to "do what’s right, not what’s easy".
"We don’t want tumultuous times, we want a smooth transition to the next era … I just couldn’t provide the fresh air that was needed."

"While I would love the opportunity to coach this football club with all the impediments removed … the time was right for the club to get the fresh air that it needs," he said.

Both parties made a respectful decision in their best interests. I can't see this happening at Port. Hinkley would wait until he has scorched the club and himself before he is forcibly removed from the club. It's such a waste.

Across the last 4 weeks we have scored 24 points to 114 in first quarters, goal-less in the first quarter every game bar the Gold Coast. What a shambles, you'd expect that stat to apply to Carlton not us.

There is no excuses, no hiding from that. Pathetic, utterly Pathetic.

But Ken promised us that "We Will Turn Up!"

The more things change...

This guy is the King of deflection....

Captain America himself couldn't deflect as much as this 🤡
Big fan of the clownposting. Keep it up.
Brad Scott and North Melbourne did this thing with dignity.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...as-north-melbourne-coach-20190526-p51r8s.html

He said he had made the decision to "do what’s right, not what’s easy".
"We don’t want tumultuous times, we want a smooth transition to the next era … I just couldn’t provide the fresh air that was needed."

"While I would love the opportunity to coach this football club with all the impediments removed … the time was right for the club to get the fresh air that it needs," he said.

Both parties made a respectful decision in their best interests. I can't see this happening at Port. Hinkley would wait until he has scorched the club and himself before he is forcibly removed from the club. It's such a waste.
Yea, Brad Scott is not the slob that some others are. Nothing will be done with dignity here.

There will be no smooth transition when Hinkley goes. He'll be a wrecker, like he was at Gold Coast.

Yep i agree, doesn't have the class that we saw from Brad Scott, he'll want to as much damage on the way out and will try to steal as many players after he has gone (but thats if another club is dumb enough to give him a job)

Janus, I am certain one of those who pays lots of attention on what you post around here. I want the same as you do, and I would love that it could happen with this team, during the current administration. I am just doubting that it will happen.

I have asked how many times we have played like Hinkley wants us to play, and your answer was "one". I know you haven't paid attention to my post because I know we have played really well more than once. The question was supposed to show that we don't do it enough. In that, your reply was fine.

You cannot answer my questions with only 2019 in mind. This is Year 6. Last year has happened. 2017 has happened. 2016 has happened, and so on. That's where the other questions come in. When enough is enough?

Perhaps, we have been playing par for the course. Am I being too demanding, then? You haven't answer that. I asked you, because your answers matter to me. Could you answer my questions directly? I would appreciate that.

Thanks.

It's not 'year 6'. It's year two. As soon as we went in with Bonner, Houston, Howard, Byrne-Jones, Amon, Powell-Pepper and Marshall in an elimination final against West Coast in 2017, when Ken said 'this is the side we needed to play' when everyone was screaming about Jackson Trengove not being picked, that was when I realised that the list we had was broken and why it was broken (because of Gold Coast and GWS raping the draft with their concessions when we were at our lowest in 2011/2012).

This side has only played how we've wanted to play once, maybe twice (the game against Melbourne) for an entire game. In 2017, that side did it a couple of times, but this isn't the same side from 2017.

I see this year akin to when Ken first took over in 2013 - a list that is good enough to make finals, and could do something miraculous, but it all depends on how much experience they gain over the course of the year. We aren't playing guys like Frampton and Ladhams because we want to, but because we need to.

The only reason why Ken got an extension was because he was told back in 2013 that the list he was taking over had a premiership in it. And the results in 2015 proved that it didn't, because the club went through the same sort of BS that Melbourne is going through this year when a team thinks that it will just happen the year after.

That's why premiership sides are generally (unless they are incredibly talented) built on the back of players with 100+ games experience. The guys who will be consistent in their performance week in and week out and don't think they are at the level, but know they are.

I can speak with absolute clarity when I say that anything worth pursuing takes time. Doubly so when you have to rely on other people to deliver it. The one thing I never agreed with this year was appointing Jonas a captain because I don't think he should always be in our best 22 anymore, and should be more of a horses for courses selection when the opponent as a key forward. But that was a player choice thing.

I'll say it again - as long as we go into the bye 6-5, with our injury list...that's a tick from me. Replicate that and win one more game in the second half of the year, and we play finals.

But even Ken is pragmatic that he probably won't be around long enough to coach this team to a flag. And if he goes, that's okay. What's not okay is thinking that we need to do 'something different', because no one plays the way that the people on this board want us to play anymore. Super coach Clarkson went into the game against us with a structure that was eerily similar to ours, minus the tall forward in Frampton that did nothing but including a general forward in Gunston who kicked six goals. And how did he get those goals? By Hawthorn players identifying that Jonas was playing on him and kicking long and deep over the top of our zone...exactly what I wanted our defenders to do.

But no one mentions that.

Yep i agree, doesn't have the class that we saw from Brad Scott, he'll want to as much damage on the way out and will try to steal as many players after he has gone (but thats if another club is dumb enough to give him a job)

My mail is not all the players are as close to him as some would have us believe. Some are close to him of course. Hopefully it's a few of the softer fringe players and underperforming veterans who he keeps picking. He can take them with him for all I care.

My mail is not all the players are as close to him as some would have us believe. Some are close to him of course. Hopefully it's a few of the softer fringe players and underperforming veterans who he keeps picking. He can take them with him for all I care.

It'd be interesting to find out who is and isn't. I recon there would be a very strong correlation between those who are and those we wouldn't be worse of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back