Autopsy Geelong loses to Doggies by 16 points // Rd 16 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game last night. Horrible stuff from both teams up until 3/4 time, but you could see that the goals were eventually going to come for the Doggies just by the way they were able to more easily run the ball out of their backline the further the game went on. They killed us around the ball and in the air and seemed way quicker overall. Delivery into our forward line was atrocious.

Stewart, Guthrie, Miers poor. Rohan ok but he cost us with some of his missed shots, as did others. Dalhaus tried hard as usual. Stanley ok, Ablett had no effect, neither did Dangerfield or Joel. Defence solid but the Doggies were a lot better at consistently punching high kicks into their defensive 50.

That's 2 out of 3 recent games where Geelong has appeared tired or not switched on or... not good enough. I shudder to think what the like of the Eagles would have done to us tonight :huh:

P.S. I think we're a much, much better team with Sav - he is our talisman, I can't remember too many games (if any) that he's played out where Geelong hasn't won.

And in saying a young tall is the barometer; it points solely to the errors of last year.

Structure, structure, structure. Get it right first and foremost. Picking 9 defenders just because you don't want to drop someone; last year's MC problems creeping back in.

Whilst we can point to what we can see are the problems, I.e. player A performing poorly, the MC are totally responsible here.

We were unbalanced from the get go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like we’re a very good chance of slipping to second. All the interstate games we have to play loom as danger games, especially as we have to go to Sydney and Perth in consecutive weeks. And Brisbane will be a seriously tough game.

But honestly if we slide to second it isn’t the worst thing. We get all the perks of finishing top without the pressure of being minor premiers, and it should mean we avoid Richmond week one as I can’t see them finishing as high as third.

If our current (insane) structures and system is just a case of trying things out while clear on top in June/July and see how things go, then I'm ok with it and really will only know that in hindsight.
My worry and cause for concern is that it might just be the direction the MC is taking this team, and that direction isn't into failure IMO.
I'll hope for the former.

We all see it differently I guess. I would say a team that can't execute basic skills and continually turns the ball over is poor. But that's just me.

Yes, we all see it differently.

Whether you think they were good last night or not, the Bulldogs almost beat Collingwood and then convincingly beat Port in Adelaide after Port beat us.

So they're not bad for an 11th team.

Last edited:
And still correct whether you'd like to admit it or not.

He is a flog.
What makes him a flog? I see nothing but a very decent human who can play like you know what! Funny too which I love in the current climate of robots in the afl.

What is it that makes him a flog in your eyes? Comes across as a very decent human to me. Funny too which I love in the current climate of robots in the afl.
Mate the bloke is a social justice warrior. Makes the game all about him instead of focusing on team first football and It's something that has crept into his game in the last 18 months. His opinion of himself is higher than the opinions of him from the wider community. He loves himself.

I can clearly see why he's loathed by supporters league wide and most of you would too if he was wearing a different coloured jumper.

If our current (insane) structures and system is just a case of trying things out while clear on top in June/July and see how things go, then I'm ok with it and really will only know that in hindsight.
My worry and cause for concern is that it might just be the direction the MC is taking this team, and that direction isn't into failure IMO.
I'll hope for the former.
We're not trying anything new out though. We've tried it for a few years now.

Mate the bloke is a social justice warrior. Makes the game all about him instead of focusing on team first football and It's something that has crept into his game in the last 18 months. His opinion of himself is higher than the opinions of him from the wider community. He loves himself.

I can clearly see why he's loathed by supporters league wide and most of you would too if he was wearing a different coloured jumper.
You seem very angry

Codswallop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The signs have been there for 7 weeks.

Last night I was in a prime position to watch football. I saw;

- Dangerfield showboating and playing for himself
- Ablett playing with no care factor. I lost count at the number of times he failed to chase his opponent.
- Guthrie (see Ablett)
- We're trying to fit 8 or 9 defenders into the one team and we're not balanced.
- Hawkins doesn't lead which is why we play a bat s**t boring style of football
- If Sav's out we should be playing Buzza and tell him to crash packs
- Atkins time is up. He's limited as a player and if he's not applying pressure he's useless
- I've never seen a team fluff so many certain goals. We are too unselfish. Players need to back themselves in.

Good analysis, they can turn it around but need to make some changes.

First half of the year we got away with these bad performances with accurate kicking now that has turned we are being shown up.

Lot of work to do. Personnel and attitude change needed.

Haha- ofcourse he has tickets on himself-happy to agree with that but the rest is incorrect Cockarfitt. Take a chill pill. He’s doing his bit. He’s not the problem.
The rest couldn't be any more correct.

Good analysis, they can turn it around but need to make some changes.

First half of the year we got away with these bad performances with accurate kicking now that has turned we are being shown up.

Lot of work to do. Personnel and attitude change needed.
In the first half of the year we were all on the same page, working hard for each other, applying immense pressure and making it hard for defences to transition the ball with any fluency.

Now it appears we're drinking our own bathwater and our pressure has dropped off.

Hawkins refuses to lead and I don't blame him given how slow we move the ball ... what's the point?

The biggest worry for me was that when the Doggies brought some heat it was the same old culprits that choked up and butchered the ball under pressure.

We played garbage, so did the Dogs for 3 quarters.. Yet if we took our chances we should have been clear by 3/4 time... But it was just off from the start, Hawks first shot he miss badly, Rohan who has hardly missed all year couldn't kick one straight.. I'm convinced he even tempted fate blasting that one from a metre out.. When we did spring it free and have clean shots on the run we didn't get near it.

Missing targets by hand is inexcusable in my eyes.. And we excelled at it last night.

One really good sign is that as bad as we can be, everyone else is pretty average as well.. Eagles get going they will be hard to stop, but we could still beat anyone on the day as you just don't know who shows up and when

Your perceptions are off but that's no surprise given the amount of s**t you talk.
ouch, so you are beyond angry today
its pretty simple you failed to make the grade and you take pot shots at players who are playing AFL

guthrie is not a top 20 AFL player but he is a good soldier, not elite but needed in every team

The issue here is that people take pot shots without objectivity.

You run agendas and get angry and angrier

I feel like we’re a very good chance of slipping to second. All the interstate games we have to play loom as danger games, especially as we have to go to Sydney and Perth in consecutive weeks. And Brisbane will be a seriously tough game.

But honestly if we slide to second it isn’t the worst thing. We get all the perks of finishing top without the pressure of being minor premiers, and it should mean we avoid Richmond week one as I can’t see them finishing as high as third.

I'd be happy to become the hunter, instead of the hunted.

It might give the boys the mental re-set that they need.

can clearly see why he's loathed by supporters league wide and most of you would too if he was wearing a different coloured jumper.
I said that about 6 weeks ago and was widely shouted down round here..
Can't be negative about our good players.. Especially when someone knows their sisters uncles dogs neighbours :rolleyes:

The biggest worry for me was that when the Doggies brought some heat it was the same old culprits that choked up and butchered the ball under pressure.

We played garbage, so did the Dogs for 3 quarters.. Yet if we took our chances we should have been clear by 3/4 time... But it was just off from the start, Hawks first shot he miss badly, Rohan who has hardly missed all year couldn't kick one straight.. I'm convinced he even tempted fate blasting that one from a metre out.. When we did spring it free and have clean shots on the run we didn't get near it.

Missing targets by hand is inexcusable in my eyes.. And we excelled at it last night.

One really good sign is that as bad as we can be, everyone else is pretty average as well.. Eagles gey going they will be hard to stop, but we could still beat anyone on the day as you just don't know who shows up and when

The old, bad Geelong has been emerging over the last few weeks

The old, bad Geelong has been emerging over the last few weeks
Yeah the worry is sides have worked us out... And that isn't unheard of.. Often under Scott we have started the year doing something different and have started the year well, only to drop away when worked out.

The positive though is that all the loses have been close games we could have won.. So not much needs to change or be adjusted to turn the results around.

I still don't know if we can do it though.. Early in the year I thought we can win the flag, now I'm doubting it.. Our inability to cope with pressure really is a worry

ouch, so you are beyond angry today
its pretty simple you failed to make the grade and you take pot shots at players who are playing AFL

guthrie is not a top 20 AFL player but he is a good soldier, not elite but needed in every team

The issue here is that people take pot shots without objectivity.

You run agendas and get angry and angrier
:$

We're all waiting for one of your bullshit inside source rumours again.

See you in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back