List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Grundy had 73 HO. Massive.

GWS smashed the clearances 54-35. Why? Pies had the more talented midfield by far.

GWS weren't looking to win the ruck. They just wrestled and poked and kneed and bumped into Grundy the whole game and sharked his taps.

Mumford was diving for tackles left and right in the final minutes and sold some top shelf candy, to Pendles of all people, because he was fresh. He had been rotated out.

Grundy on the other hand was buggered. Barely jogging to contests. The umpires had to wait 2-3 times to throw the ball up because Grundy was lagging behind.

His stats look insane. His impact was zero.

I don’t think GWS had the more talented midfield yesterday but most of Grundy’s 750 hitouts played to their advantage.

Especially late in the game, the Giants just wanted contest after contest to tie things up & Grundy kept on tapping the ball straight down at his feet. Needed to get it into some space.

Having said that Taranto was huge inside... what a player. We need to keep after him should he ever want to come home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id be guessing their future first would be between 6-12 , no idea how you think they could drop off as bad as your predicting as they are still a fairly young team

Darkhour had their future first as 12-18, which is the Dogs improving to finish 6th to 1st.

Whereas you have them as gaining pick 6-12, which is finishing 13th to 6th. So you are more negative than Darkhour about the Doggies finish, or are you thoughts just the wrong way around?

exactly,you are consistent and have integrity & no matter where the saints go,if they went anywhere you would follow them,this other guy will soon reply that he would also stick with the saints,but he will not concede that he is applying 2 different rules to the same situation,assuming he did follow another nrl side,he made the switch to the storm because they are a melbourne/victorian team,so following that rule,if the saints moved to tassie or anywhere else,he would trot down to his local afl store to get fitted out for a beannie,scarf & a heap of crap for the kids in his new teams colors,consistent but no integrity,he cant have it both ways,you barrack/support a team for the team or for the location,i support a team for the team & so do you,kudos

You’re missing the point he’s from living in QLD I think and follows the rugby so it makes sense to stick with his original team.

My point was you can’t call people who watch the grand final once a year supporters so of course they got on board when storm came to town. You’re talking about real supporters jumping ship which is completely different, also a lot of kiwis living in Melbourne who got on board the storm.

Darkhour had their future first as 12-18, which is the Dogs improving to finish 6th to 1st.

Whereas you have them as gaining pick 6-12, which is finishing 13th to 6th. So you are more negative than Darkhour about the Doggies finish, or are you thoughts just the wrong way around?
Yeah mate , i got it arse about :thumbsu:

I don’t think GWS had the more talented midfield yesterday but most of Grundy’s 750 hitouts played to their advantage.

Especially late in the game, the Giants just wanted contest after contest to tie things up & Grundy kept on tapping the ball straight down at his feet. Needed to get it into some space.

Having said that Taranto was huge inside... what a player. We need to keep after him should he ever want to come home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn’t believe Grundy just continued to lock arms with Mumford and drop the ball at his feet late deep in Collingwood forward line.

Why he didn’t attempt to get a running jump and punch it forward or into space was a mystery but GWS were out on their feet late and fell over the line.

You’re missing the point he’s from living in QLD I think and follows the rugby so it makes sense to stick with his original team.

My point was you can’t call people who watch the grand final once a year supporters so of course they got on board when storm came to town. You’re talking about real supporters jumping ship which is completely different, also a lot of kiwis living in Melbourne who got on board the storm.
exactly,they are not real supporters & he is saying exactly what i am saying,he lives in qld but did not bandwagon jump to the cowboys,he stuck with the tigers,his original team,but yes youve explained it satisfactoraly,those that followed a team before the storms inception then made the switch,never were real supporters,but im proud to say that even though i can hardly watch that sport & really only look up results,i picked a club in 1981 & i stuck with them,no matter who came and went in that time & if the saints ever made a move i will be doing the same again

but GWS were out on their feet late and fell over the line.

I think a big part was that after Cameron's goal that GWS thought that they were home and hosed and were celebrating being in the GF.

They mentally relaxed and this gave the the Pies the chance to grab some momentum which they did. The pressure built and GWS crumbled with a lot of panicked kicks going on. Many roosts into their forward line straight to fenders etc.

In the end GWS fortunate to win as could easily have gone the other way.

What have the storm or any other League team got to do with the Trade Thread = Nothing
the roots of that discussion started with someone calling into suspicion the worthiness of the gws giants,so go ahead and chastise everyone daring to mention yesterdays game while your at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Issue with Smith is not only age, but talk of him being a first rounder (even if late). What we get from Steven won’t make a dent in that. Still can’t see us trading Bruce if it’s a second rounder.

A first rounder can get you a decent player for a decade, potentially a gun. Would be madness for us to spend on on a decent player with a handful of years left.

Looking at the finals so far, all the finalists have elite kicking field skills in their teams, and that's one big problem for us. None of our mids have penetrating kicks and can't pinpoint targets with confidence. Don't know how that's fixed but it is a big factor in us getting up the ladder.

Richmond don't but they have a game plan that favours handball and run to break lines instead.

Yep.

Grundy had 73 HO. Massive.

GWS smashed the clearances 54-35. Why? Pies had the more talented midfield by far.

GWS weren't looking to win the ruck. They just wrestled and poked and kneed and bumped into Grundy the whole game and sharked his taps.

Mumford was diving for tackles left and right in the final minutes and sold some top shelf candy, to Pendles of all people, because he was fresh. He had been rotated out.

Grundy on the other hand was buggered. Barely jogging to contests. The umpires had to wait 2-3 times to throw the ball up because Grundy was lagging behind.

His stats look insane. His impact was zero.

Its not a Grundy thread, but to say his impact was zero is just silly. He did a mammoth job on his own.

What the Giants did well is they trusted different players through the middle Williams 10 & Lloyd 6 clearances when neither have played inside all year. Richo could learn a lot from that sort of load sharing. Hopefully Ratten is much more a lateral thinker than his predecessor.

Last edited:
That's not a tactic gringo it's called positioning. Big difference. Miocheck is a key forward not a HFF how moves up 20 m from the stoppage. He was just s**t

Get it but I was just referring to them having passengers. Nothing to do with two rucks last night. They could have had 10 rucks and it would have been no better. Grundy ws probably the only Pie that obviously won his position, they just couldn't utilise it. All his hard work counted for nothing. Taranto and Hopper are elite on the inside too which helps. Treloar who usually extracts a fair amount couldn't touch it, Adams also looked poor, Sidebottom was poor on the outside. Just too many passengers who lost their one on ones IMO.

Zac Jones has had a medical with the saints. hopefully we can pick him up on the cheap however the hearld sun seems to think he will cost a 2nd rounder which we will recieve for bruce.

LOL, why the fu** would we straight swap Bruce for Jones

I think Bruce stays if the only offer is a 2nd rounder....

Last edited:
I couldn’t believe Grundy just continued to lock arms with Mumford and drop the ball at his feet late deep in Collingwood forward line.

Why he didn’t attempt to get a running jump and punch it forward or into space was a mystery but GWS were out on their feet late and fell over the line.

Underselling Mummy, he's not flashy but he blocks space for more athletic rucks and makes them earn everything. He's such a mountain they can't get over him or around him. He's like a Hi lux battling a Ferrari, He won't beat Grundy in any kind of race but if he keeps blocking him into the car park and giving him a nudge every time time eventually he wins.

Looking at the finals so far, all the finalists have elite kicking field skills in their teams, and that's one big problem for us. None of our mids have penetrating kicks and can't pinpoint targets with confidence. Don't know how that's fixed but it is a big factor in us getting up the ladder.

You get a guy in like David Rath who had a hand in turning the Hawks from the worst kicking team in the comp to the best.

To be honest I’m quite alright with being linked to all these players, there’s a few players on top of our current delistings who are looking like going from the club due to injury (McCartin, Roberton), trade rumours (Steven, Bruce) and a few who just haven’t done much in their time here (Phillips, Rice, White).

If we can trade in a few players and work some picks into the top 20 I’m happy.

I doubt if they move on 2nd year player Phillips who has at least been serviceable .

Underselling Mummy, he's not flashy but he blocks space for more athletic rucks and makes them earn everything. He's such a mountain they can't get over him or around him. He's like a Hi lux battling a Ferrari, He won't beat Grundy in any kind of race but if he keeps blocking him into the car park and giving him a nudge every time time eventually he wins.
He definitely made him earn it but I’m talking about the final minutes Grundy made no attempt to get a run at the contest he was happy enough to engage, probably gassed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back