List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre a tough marker given it is first year at the level. He has the courage, skills and speed and will learn and get better next year.

Call it like I see it. He’s flashy and exciting, but he needs to stop flying for marks every time it comes in. He’s a small forward. Same goes for Long. Seeing them fly with Bruce and Membrey was frustrating.

But considering our small forward stocks, he’ll get plenty of time next year.

True. But there's risks in everything. We shouldn't be planning for being crap even if it's a possibility

Dogs could end up 8th and we could be 9th.
Even if bruce future pick swap did backfire it would be a better result than pick 40 that some of the media are currently suggesting. Mind you pick 40 for Bruce would be plain stupid.

Last edited:

Zac Jones has had a medical with the saints. hopefully we can pick him up on the cheap however the hearld sun seems to think he will cost a 2nd rounder which we will recieve for bruce.

LOL, why the fu** would we straight swap Bruce for Jones

The Jones picks should be the FA compo pick we get for Newnes which is likely to be a 2nd RDP (band 3).

Not sure why it’s being linked for any trade involving Bruce.

Call it like I see it. He’s flashy and exciting, but he needs to stop flying for marks every time it comes in. He’s a small forward. Same goes for Long. Seeing them fly with Bruce and Membrey was frustrating.

Exactly, he needs to learn when to hold back the Hollywood stuff without curtailing his natural flair.
Coaches should be able to deal with that.

Parker is actually 190cm (taller than membrey)

Exactly, he needs to learn when to hold back the Hollywood stuff without curtailing his natural flair.
Coaches should be able to deal with that.

Exactly that is just experience. Lets give these blokes time to develop their game at the top level before jumping on them. Its very Richo like to concentrate on the things they cant do rather than what they bring to the side.

Looking at the finals so far, all the finalists have elite kicking field skills in their teams, and that's one big problem for us. None of our mids have penetrating kicks and can't pinpoint targets with confidence. Don't know how that's fixed but it is a big factor in us getting up the ladder.
Webster to play wing opposite Hill?

Exactly that is just experience. Lets give these blokes time to develop their game at the top level before jumping on them. Its very Richo like to concentrate on the things they cant do rather than what they bring to the side.

Hardly jumping on him mate. I said jury’s out for me, meaning I’m happy to give him more time but not necessarily expecting him to become a good player.

Jury’s out for me with Parker. Exciting player but is he consistent enough? Needs to play a bit smarter too. Interested to see how he goes under a new coaching group.

I don't exactly know how yet, but I'm almost certain, in 5 years time Parker will be considered a legend in saints circles.

It might be for a single act that wins us a Grand final, or it might be the "vibe" he brought to the club, but he is a special find.

You dont pull yourself up from where he was to be where he is now without a heart the size of phar lap.

He is our new Stephen Milne (but the version who got a better bounce during a grand final and kicked the winning goal).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underselling Mummy, he's not flashy but he blocks space for more athletic rucks and makes them earn everything. He's such a mountain they can't get over him or around him. He's like a Hi lux battling a Ferrari, He won't beat Grundy in any kind of race but if he keeps blocking him into the car park and giving him a nudge every time time eventually he wins.
He looked like a spud against Stef Martin last week. The Giants have won their last two for one major reason. Unbelievable team defence when under siege late in the game. Haven't see anything like it in years. Can't believe it held up two weeks in a row. That said I think the dam wall will finally break against the Tigers in the GF.

I think people are way overrating the couple of good things Mummy did late when everyone was out on their feet. For most part he now looks like the game has passed him by. Grundy made him look like a VFL ruckman.

That said he'll only be playing against Soldo and Nankervis next week.

Looks like Impatient Saint is getting frustrated with your impatience on Parker! :think:

Surprised he is taller than Membrey!

Yeah not sure why. I’m happy to give him time, but not expecting Parker to be the next Milne. I’d love it if he did. We lack X factor and he’s got it.

I’m pretty realistic when it comes to our players. I try to be as unbiased as I can. I’m bullish on plenty of our players.

He looked like a spud against Stef Martin last week. The Giants have won their last two for one major reason. Unbelievable team defence when under siege late in the game. Haven't see anything like it in years. Can't believe it held up two weeks in a row. That said I think the dam wall will finally break against the Tigers in the GF.

I think people are way overrating the couple of good things Mummy did late when everyone was out on their feet. For most part he now looks like the game has passed him by. Grundy made him look like a VFL ruckman.

That said he'll only be playing against Soldo and Nankervis next week.
Tis true re their defence! They have held up remarkably well under the pump last 2 weeks!
Zac Williams has become some player and Davis has developed into a fine captain!

They won't want to panic like they did yesterday in the last quarter against the Tigers though
Nothing short of 100% frenetic attack at the ball and player will suffice next week!

Zac Jones has had a medical with the saints. hopefully we can pick him up on the cheap however the hearld sun seems to think he will cost a 2nd rounder which we will recieve for bruce.

I don't think we would.

Maybe if we get enough for Zak and Keath etc. But not just enough for Zak. CHF's are worth a lot more that HBFs. though for whatever reason our Club loves picking up HBFs.

We need to get a discount from the Swans if we get him .... we did them a huge favour absorbing Hanners’ salary to relieve their cap.
I think I can see them being pretty reasonable in their trade request.

Youre a tough marker given it is first year at the level. He has the courage, skills and speed and will learn and get better next year.
Parker will naturally get better after a couple years in a professional setup , the same can be said with Wilkie , Young , Hind , Mayo even Marsh being back in the AFL fold will benefit.
Also much was said about Max King and Bytel not playing , well it just might be a blessing because we know as 18yr olds they need strength and development which only time will provide - even this year they will not be a finished product but it will have had substantial growth on their development.

The guys that I'm excited to see playing next year are King , Bytel because they are class ,highly touted players , but also Clavarino who battled through preseason and missed the start of the year due to ankle problems , he played around 14 games in the VFL but produced a outstanding game in the last just to show a glimpse of what he is capable of.
At 20yrs of age is another kid who could be a ripper knowing McGovern didn't even play his first AFL game until he was 22.

A special mention must be made about Logan Austin as well , the guy showed from his first year he can get hold of the football and after this years injury riddled season I fully expect him to push for selection in the best 22.

Our squad is loaded with talent and most of it is untapped with Marshall , Battle , Hunter Clark , Wilkie , Coffield , Paton all coming along well.
No matter what people say about the acquisition of Hannebery he will install the professional direction a lot of these young kids need in there growth as AFL players and after a year in getting his body back into condition he his going to be a huge inclusion into our 22 next year.

For some reason St Kilda just seems to have finally turned the corner with the personnel we now have at the club with Ratten , Lade , Roughead , Slatter , Rath , Gubby Allan , Dempster all adding experience to our very young developing side and the re-signing of our top youngsters in Marshall , Billings , Gresham , King , Hunter Clark , Coffield , Paton , Wilkie , Membery , Webster , McKenzie , Bytel , Long we will be in the September action for many years to come.

Things to look forward too this year we never had last year

1/ a fully fit Carlisle
2/ Hannabery ready to go
3/ Webster ready to go
4/ King set to play from round 1
5/ Bytel healthy
6/ Austin healthy
7/ Clavarino having a full preseason and not missing nearly 8 games at the start of the year.
8/ Geary ready to go
9/ having a ruckman (Ryder)who can actually take the field because last year we had 2 that hardly played in Longer and Pierce.
10/ Having a player to help fill Steven's hole in the team as in Brad Hill

Even if we get 7 out of the 10 to play this year it's going to be a massive improvement in our team and after winning 9 games and only being 3 games off 7th position.

Parker almost 6’3... he’s actually a marking mid sized forward who should most definitely be flying for marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back