Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Stephens is just as likely Brodie Kemp and Will Gould.
I think Flanders looks good but no better than the others.
I hope we don't murder our picks for 1 player into what's an even spread.
Whatsmore we've a cupboard full of 180cm players.

It depends on the draft..i remember in 09 when sydney were trying to trade 6 and 14 (rohan and jetta) for 3 (dusty) and richmond wouldnt do it. In some drafts trading up is the right call ill back wells whatever he does.

Disagree with bolded.
They allow you trade ammunition in 12 months time to be as flexible as we can be now.
And if this class is as flat as it appears to be... I have no qualms holding both our Rd1 picks nxt year until then.
Not every toy has to be used this year at Xmas.

Go Catters

I think most fans feel like a kid getting a Christmas present and having to look at it but not being allowed to open it for 12 months.

Based on the 6 and 59 for 12 and 18 trade i reckon the price for 3 is roughly:
Geel out 14 + FR1 (wce) 24
In 3 + FR2 (either freos or hawthorns)

Or 14 + FR1 + 36 for 3 and 50
Both deals i would do.

Would leave us with 3 17 24 37 50 or 3 17 36 and 37 with an extra R2 next year.
Melb might request 14 and 17 rather than the future 1st but id like to keep 17 if we can i think we might get a good slider there.

Need to remember our R1s are late R1s its not as if you are giving up 10 for 3.
I still think GWS will try hard to trade for 3 so we may have to do that trade with Adel for 4 but the price would be similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends on the draft..i remember in 09 when sydney were trying to trade 6 and 14 (rohan and jetta) for 3 (dusty) and richmond wouldnt do it. In some drafts trading up is the right call ill back wells whatever he does.

Aren't you getting along way ahead of yourself l mean who is Flanders other than a 180cm solid bodied kid averaging 21 disposals this year at the top of his age great but not brilliant
Stephens was going at 26 before the leg problem and just aced the yoyo test, that's the new version of the old beep test.
The guy's a contested ball beast like Dangerfield.
Gould a Hurn/McGovern hybrid, 15 senior SANFL games including finals averaging 8 rebound 50's a game.
Kemp a Charlie Curnow clone and absolutely brilliant fwd or defence or midfield, super versitility.
I see these 3 with all the cred and more than Neddy if weighed correctly.
And you want to throw away our pick options!

Last edited:
all the mods needed a break so we put on a lock on the forum - then decided we better reopen it
I better pep things up then. When are getting rid of Buzza, Smith, hendo & Abbott?
Kelly out, fat Steven in
A few drafts in.
We’ll go backwards in 2020.
So why not tap Ablett & Harry on the shoulder one more time?

I better pep things up then. When are getting rid of Buzza, Smith, hendo & Abbott?
Kelly out, fat Steven in
A few drafts in.
We’ll go backwards in 2020.
So why not tap Ablett & Harry on the shoulder one more time?

You may have to wait for 2020 before Abbott isn't wearing the hoops

No comment on the others

RE: Bonar and a few other names floated.

In modern football, I reckon if a player has not broken through at his first club, he is very long odds to make it.

Sure there are exceptions but so many more fails (look at Carlton's list for starters). Someone like Caddy I would not count, as he was a regular at Geelong and even Gold Coast.

I would set an incredibly high bar before considering a player from another club. I think Geelong is coming around to this view too. Menegola bit of an exception but he did his penance in WAFL and came back. Rohan and Lukey very much known commodities at top level.

I would much prefer to try a mature age State League recruit. Reckon more hits there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back