Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we'll try and run them off their feet. Apparently we're pretty fit, but yeah we won't know until Sunday. I worry about Goldie V Mummy personally. will be very interesting.

Am sure last years GF played a part in our decision making.
Feat not. Mummy isn't playing.

We shouldn’t underestimate the powerful vote of confidence that the selection panel have given Kyron. For him to come straight back in is a tremendous sign. They must really like him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Power of persistence, a healthy attitude and hard work.

This is a huge test. Let’s not forget that the only time we were remotely competitive in a genuine away game last season was up in Brisbane. Geelong, WC, Freo and Port (away, obviously) didn’t even raise a sweat against us.
GWS is better than all those teams and they have pretty much a full strengthside for the first time in yonks. Thank heavens Taranto is not available.

Yep Kyron has trained extremely hard and I do believe that was a knock on him in the early days?

well done to the young fella

wow that's good news as Goldy hasn't a great record against Mumford.

I’m certain they rate Jacobs ahead of Mumford, though.

I don't like the idea of playing BBB in the ruck. Makes no sense to take our most dangerous forward away from the position where he can do the most damage. We won't see the Giants put Cameron in the ruck.

I would rather almost anyone else on the ground besides BBB provide relief for Goldy, if he needs it.

The Raging Bull. Bookmark it.

3 x KPP and 1 x ruck.

When was the last time we fielded a side this short?
Reminded me of Chelsea circa 1995/96 They had all sorts of shortarses. Dennis Wise, Mark Stein, John Spencer and Jody Morris, Terry Phelan and even David Rocastle isn't really tall. I thought they fared better but records tell me no. Stein and Spencer made a good partnership for a couple of years and certainly scored good amounts of goals between them. Not Matchday Related though 🙃

I reckon Shaw would have lit a fire under Woods ass. This is it for you boy. Go out there and be competitive. He has the talent

Love the Kyron in. Jacobs has taken him under his wing in regards to tagging so I am super pumped. We haven’t had a tagger for a long time. Makes a huge difference as a lot of the opposition stars seem to get 40+ against us

I want to see us hurt them! Go roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Kyron tags.

Something tells me Shaw has moved him back and he has brained it the role in training and simulation. Hence the quick call up.

Hayden has replaced Murphy.

North fielding a relatively tall side tomorrow despite Larkey out.

Also a very experienced side despite a few younger faces getting a run.

GWSAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.2cmHeight188.7cm
87.5kgWeight87.0kg
26yr 1mthAge26yr 5mth
110.6Games110.4

Reminded me of Chelsea circa 1995/96 They had all sorts of shortarses. Dennis Wise, Mark Stein, John Spencer and Jody Morris, Terry Phelan and even David Rocastle isn't really tall. I thought they fared better but records tell me no. Stein and Spencer made a good partnership for a couple of years and certainly scored good amounts of goals between them. Not Matchday Related though 🙃
Great Chels chat Rickety.......

I like the team, would’ve like another tall as Wood struggles as the 2nd target, but that team looks hard and fast on paper, first time for a long time it looks like we could play about 10 of the players have a run in the midfield.

Don't think wood is going to play as a forward. He might be a swingman, get him to do his fantsy thingies but let him sit out of the pressure situations. Wood is someone who has top level skills without the clutch play abilities. So put him in position where he can thrive with his skills but not fully relied up. Half back flanks along the wing and occasional forward. He can be a Trump card as he has this Eddie Everywhere type vibe and can be a match winner when the match suit.

I don't like the idea of playing BBB in the ruck. Makes no sense to take our most dangerous forward away from the position where he can do the most damage. We won't see the Giants put Cameron in the ruck.

I would rather almost anyone else on the ground besides BBB provide relief for Goldy, if he needs it.
Tend to agree but cant really see who else...Walker perhaps. Hayden has a leap on him. Cam Z will give a contest. Can just do a Shaun Grigg and rove to their ruck for the 4 or 5 contests and maybe Goldy told Shaw he doesn't need a break with the short quarters and long quarter breaks.

We shouldn’t underestimate the powerful vote of confidence that the selection panel have given Kyron. For him to come straight back in is a tremendous sign. They must really like him.

Pretty much a vote of confidence when your put on Pendlebury in you first game. Rhyce likes to through them in the deep end, no start on the bench to lose the nerves.
It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back