Preview Round 3 North vs Swans Saturday 1:45 pm: Changes & pre match discussion @Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Marley? Most on this board think he's an auto selection.

I get the concerns about Sydney's small forwards. With Marley and LMAC basically playing the same role, do we then lose too much on the rebound? Is our approach too negative?
IF we were to drop someone due to fears about matchup's, then it would be Hayden IMO, then you're dropping a defender for a defender. Marley is proven in that role and Sydney's main weapons are the Heeney, Papley duo.
On Marvel, you need runners and Scott provides that. Plus he's already proven his ability to hit the scoreboard.

I get the concerns about Sydney's small forwards. With Marley and LMAC basically playing the same role, do we then lose too much on the rebound? Is our approach too negative?
IF we were to drop someone due to fears about matchup's, then it would be Hayden IMO, then you're dropping a defender for a defender. Marley is proven in that role and Sydney's main weapons are the Heeney, Papley duo.
On Marvel, you need runners and Scott provides that. Plus he's already proven his ability to hit the scoreboard.

Yes can't see it being Scott that's dropped

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No changes. We shouldn’t be afraid to back Kyron and Bailey in. We got Jmac for henney, pittard to gray, Lmac to papley. Leaves Taz, hayden and Atley to provide the rebound.

If Jack could just convert the “bread and butter” set shots that he continually misses, he would be a huge plus for us. There is no reason why he shouldn’t average 3 goals a game. Imagine if he was doing that, in conjunction with BBB and Larkey!!

3 goals a game has him winning the Coleman....don't think so mate. 1.5 to 2 goals per game would be a ripper result. Unfortunately JZ's kicking is simply not up to scratch, never has been. Field kicking is worst, goal kicking is acceptable.

Given we were preparing Mason for defence this year originally, could he not be a candidate for keeping Aliir honest in attack and defence if he swings forward? He certainly has the speed and tank. Last time in Marvel, it was Majak on Aliir, which was more of “a game outside the game” scenario.

Allir too tall I reckon.

Can someone add up how many hamstrings Garner has had? He could be anything this bloke, but unfortunately his body (or likely his professionalism) are not up to coping with the AFL.
2, one in each leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not be unhappy if there were no change, tuff on Marley but the team just come off a great win against a very good side.
I’d be annoyed
He’s our best small defender and we have multiple matchups for him
There were weak links in bailey playing so it’s a fairly obvious change this week for me

Surely the clubs record v Swines at home will keep their feet on the ground.

You’d have to think. Also, Scamper has a huge amount of skin in this particular game. First game against his old club + coach. Those eyes will be even more focussed than usual. Dream scenario would be if he manages to be as successful as the first time Laidley faced Pagan. Wouldn’t that be grand?!

3 goals a game has him winning the Coleman....don't think so mate. 1.5 to 2 goals per game would be a ripper result. Unfortunately JZ's kicking is simply not up to scratch, never has been. Field kicking is worst, goal kicking is acceptable.

Slight exaggeration for effect on my part, I know. However, whenever he spends more time up forward, he misses around two easy shots a game.

Interesting that Bailey isn’t even an emergency.

May have pulled up sore. Let’s hope he’s not injured.

Unless the plan is for him to play tomorrow, hence no emg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back