Toast Welcome to Freo Hayden Young – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #7]

Remove this Banner Ad

that's the difference prime time gets you

although that is a good game from Green, didnt realise he kicked a goal too

I'm not unhappy with it. Obviously would have loved for Young to get it, but Green's game was deserving enough that I don't mind Young getting pipped here.

Will be the best in his position in the comp, there will be oppo half forwards designated to block his run at the drop before round 10 this season bookmark it. In a game where our midfield was not getting slaughtered at stoppages his performance would have been match winning.

Should have gone pick 2 behind Rowell and would have if recruiters weren't so conservative.

Will be the best in his position in the comp, there will be oppo half forwards designated to block his run at the drop before round 10 this season bookmark it. In a game where our midfield was not getting slaughtered at stoppages his performance would have been match winning.

Should have gone pick 2 behind Rowell and would have if recruiters weren't so conservative.
I do remember in the post draft questions with anonymous recruiters one of the recruiters (and it was pretty obviously Carlton) said they'd have had to seriously consider him at 1. No brainer at 3 for them

edit: found the article - good read for those interested and seems unbelievable that he slide to 7 in the end given the number of clubs here saying they would haved taken him at 3. Equally unbelievable Green went to 10

Last edited:

Just putting it out there that the contested ball he won before getting the one two and delivering the 50m pass Walters was against Rowell......

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Young is a prime reason why you don't reach with your first pick in the draft.

Posters were saying we need to get a key forward, back or ruck etc. with our first each year because Pav is getting older, and so is Sandi.

Teams such as Melb picking up Jackson and Adelaide with McAsey. Sure they needed to fill positions long term but to pass on Young who could be the best pick in the draft

Young is a prime reason why you don't reach with your first pick in the draft.

Posters were saying we need to get a key forward, back or ruck etc. with our first each year because Pav is getting older, and so is Sandi.

Teams such as Melb picking up Jackson and Adelaide with McAsey. Sure they needed to fill positions long term but to pass on Young who could be the best pick in the draft
It was a very decent draft and way too early to make a call on draft decisions for the top 10, apart from that we did well. If Jackson was available and we took him I would have been OK with it and not seen it as a reach. Most of the 'reach' comments are based on phantom drafts put together by people who are far less informed than club recruiters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett looks a pretty good pick at 12 too. He was also considered a reach funny enough. Love his explosiveness. Matera should watch his game at the weekend for a lesson in how to be a threat to opposition defences.

Pickett looks a pretty good pick at 12 too. He was also considered a reach funny enough. Love his explosiveness. Matera should watch his game at the weekend for a lesson in how to be a threat to opposition defences.

Great explosiveness and endeavour but crikey he made a lot of blues. Just needs to settle in a bit and he’ll be great.

Can you imagine how good our backline will look with Hamling/Pearce back and having Ryan/Young rebounding. eggplantemoji.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did he say?

It not what he says it's what he does.

He split up with his partner and went on a spiritual trip.

He's a devout Jehovah's Witness

Provide me one shred of evidence that God exists and that being a Jehovah's Witnesses is the true path to eternal bliss and I'll renounce my atheism.

It's not up to me to disprove God but for religious people to prove God. Religion is faith, not fact, yet these sheep believe their God to be factual.

Can you imagine how good our backline will look with Hamling/Pearce back and having Ryan/Young rebounding. eggplantemoji.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really not sure why people rate Ryan so highly. From my watching he bombs it long constantly and isn’t much more effective, if at all, than guys constantly crucified on this board for having poor skills.

How this board sees Hughes as a ball butcherer and Ryan as an elite kick is beyond me... They are both decent but not elite ball users.

Young is clearly a much better kick than both.

I’m really not sure why people rate Ryan so highly. From my watching he bombs it long constantly and isn’t much more effective, if at all, than guys constantly crucified on this board for having poor skills.

How this board sees Hughes as a ball butcherer and Ryan as an elite kick is beyond me... They are both decent but not elite ball users.

Young is clearly a much better kick than both.
Ryan’s gone backwards since he got injured last year. Was on track for AA before injury though, his intercept marking was one of, if not best in comp for a while. Kicking has always been good, not great simply because he doesn’t take risks.

Hughes for me is worse because he is slower at making decisions and often makes the wrong one on top of it. Was very good on the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back