List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather 15 for Treloar. Keep Ross, get Crouch.

Very open to a Ross trade, but not for this outcome

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I honestly can’t see Collingwood letting treloar go for pick 15.

also I can’t see is affording treloar’s exorbitant salary.

for me treloar is over. Happy to be proven wrong though.

True but there is a culture you build through owning the place that a bunch of ring ins just don't have. You really want some guys who have ownership of the place and set culture. Billings and Seb are both good guys. Trout just liked beta type personalities so we have a bit of a nice guy culture. Richmond can take in strays because they have a good bedrock culture.

Those guys are Gresh, King, Clark, Coff, Paton, Battle, etc. New era. Players that spent too much time at a club sitting at the bottom are ruined. Billings is a weakling.

I think he was pretty clear. They want the player through F.A. They do not want to trade players or Picks.

Take your compensation pick and move on.

I think the intention is to move on a few of the Richo era for a bunch of second or third rounders, clear up a chunk of overhead trade in one or two others.

They are pragmatic guys- we have that option (to lodge an RFA bid) available to us to use at anytime in the next week.

We lose nothing by spending the next week working with adelaide to brainstorm ways that they can be happier while making us happier.

Worst case is, we get nowhere cooking up a trade we really like by thursday- then we simply lodge the RFA bid at 650 x4 with a 5th trigger and it's done.

We lose nothing by at very least entertaining the idea of a trade- adelaide will get motivated to be very creative, which could be very good news for us.

Treloar:”I chose Collingwood over the tigers because they are closer to winning a premiership”

0-3

Funny isn't it, the coach there did the same thing in his playing days, leaving Brisbane for Collingwood to win flags....Brisbane then won a three-peat!

Was nothing

Surmising we are paying 8000 x 5 with Dunstan going to Crows as a Salary dump.

Something we discussed a week ago.

Barrett and SoS saying its not "in the spirit of the game" while Rendell is laughing at them. Saying its all legal and has Gubby Allen's fingers all over it.

Really these blokes are dipshits.

Rendell incredulous over the "spirit of the game" stuff. Barrett says others clubs are on to this, and Rendell laughs and says "what are they going to do about it?"

Yeah this is against the spirit of the game.

Not Judd getting paid to do nothing at a company conveniently owned by a bloke on the board at the club he'd just joined.

Not Shiel getting paid by a property mogul who's conveniently a power broker at the club he's just taken unders to play at.

Not Dangerfield taking serious unders cos he missed Moggs creek.

Don't even really remember much being said about the AFL stepping in when coniglio appeared certain leave.

But Saints and crows legally working out a deal that benefits both sides. Tsk tsk

Not Judd getting paid to do nothing at a company conveniently owned by a bloke on the board at the club he'd just joined.

Not Shiel getting paid by a property mogul who's conveniently a power broker at the club he's just taken unders to play at.

Don't even really remember much being said about the AFL stepping in when coniglio appeared certain leave.

But Saints and crows legally working out a deal that benefits both sides. Tsk tsk
Basically Rendell's reaction. Basically rolled his eyes like, 'you taking the piss or what?'

True but there is a culture you build through owning the place that a bunch of ring ins just don't have. You really want some guys who have ownership of the place and set culture. Billings and Seb are both good guys. Trout just liked beta type personalities so we have a bit of a nice guy culture. Richmond can take in strays because they have a good bedrock culture.

Very good point.

So in summary

We get Crouch pay him $800k for 5
Adelaide take dunstan off our books at $450k for 3

They get a higher pick and we are paying 2.65 mil over 5 years (530k a year) for crouch..? But lose dunstan...?

It’s very clever

So we ‘trade’ Dunstan for a discounted Crouch..? Def an upgrade

Last edited:
Its like some hot girl wants to move in with me , i say , sure as long as you pay for half the food. Agrees , no worries.
But next thing you know her mom wants to move in as well , its like "you take yo mama and fu** off.
Nice one grasshopper,pretty good description ,but the true Master of Stkilda analogy is Thr Gringo .😉

With today's media talk it seems to me that Adelaide has tried to "force" us to up the salary of Crouch or "force" a trade including Dunstan. They haven't offered us enough to make up for the favour, so Dunstan has toured Carlton instead.

The Saints are interested in Crouch for the "free" element in his status as a free agent.

Just as an aside, I think I know Brad Crouch's stats of by heart - over the life of this thread I've seen them quoted in long form SO many times!

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it! exactly what I said the other day, if they want to match the offer than Crouch stays in Adelaide. Why go after someone in Free Agency if we’re forced to pay more than we want to originally offer $$ wise or trade what we don’t want to just to suit them. It doesn’t make sense for us.

Easy scenario, Get Brad or move onto the next target.
And I bet Brad's manager would not be happy with Adelaide.

So in summary

We get Crouch pay him $800k for 5
Adelaide take dunstan off our books at $450k for 3

They get a higher pick and we are paying 2.65 mil over 5 years (530k a year) for crouch..? But lose dunstan...?

It’s very clever

So we ‘trade’ Dunstan for a discounted Crouch..? Def an upgrade
This would be a fantastic result, big tick for us

If that happens yes it will be a win for us but all we will hear is Saints are paying Couch 800k.
So what? All we heard all year was we’re paying hill 900k and all we heard last year is we’re paying hanners 800k

Until we win flags we’ll continue to cop all this and you know what - if all this money spent gets us a flag then it’s worth every penny.

so **** ‘em

Can we keep political crap out of these threads

You certainly won't see me bring it up, but when people misquote poorly thought out talking points published in the Murdoch rags, I will have to call it out.

I fully understand the innoculation effect and the various other psychological phenomena that prove challenging idiotic attitudes actually reinforces them, but unfortunately I have compulses I can't overcome.

Agree with some of the thoughts here. I wouldn't be surprised if we're holding out, trying to maximise compensation from the crows for Dunstan and whatever.

Why do that? Be ambitious. If we want to go up in the draft just package Dunstan, Lonie for pick 27 and a future 3rd from Carlton.

Then send 27, 15 and a future 3rd to the Swans for pick 3.

swans can use 27 and 15 to get NGA player Braeden Campbell who’s expected to go top 10 and we promise not to bid on him with pick 3.
Simple

Sign me up Gags.
Why would the swans trade a top 3 pick so they can draft a top 10. They can sit on pick 3 and as long as the NGA kid doesn’t get bid on at 1 or 2 they will get 2 x top 10 selections.

Good.
I just love that we are calling their bluff and refusing to get bullied.
Why should we pay him more than he’s already accepted just to appease the crows? It’s not like he’s Fyfe or Dusty.
Stuff ‘em.

(We’ll just get Treloar instead.)

Why would the swans trade a top 3 pick so they can draft a top 10. They can sit on pick 3 and as long as the NGA kid doesn’t get bid on at 1 or 2 they will get 2 x top 10 selections.
This, if you have a NGA / FS prospect you always want to get your natural draft pick in first.

I think people have gotten confused due to the unusual situation with the dogs having an NGA player as a likely number 1 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back