List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because pick 2 is worth way more EV if they can get it going into a rebuild?

Would you have traded Jack Steven for pick 2 if possible going into a rebuild? Of course. Same story
Adelaide don’t want Crouch on 5 years at $600k.

So you won’t match.... Brad will be at Moorabbin next year.

Imagine leaving your old employer for an agreed sum.

Then said employer starts giving your new boss shit that you should be paid even more

Even better, imagine you actually get a $100k pay rise for doing nothing.

Footy is a funny world

Saints should ask Collingwood to take dmac and his contract. And we will take on treloar I could live with that it means treloar would cost us an extra 300k for two years then 700k for his last two years. Not sure if these are the actual numbers but close enough
I'm willing to bet Dmac is on close to minimum wage, and there's a solid chance there'll be a trigger for his 3rd year.

Treloar's situation has got loser written all over it.
I hope we're smarter than that..

It is not a fantastic result, it's worse for us.

It's basically the exact same thing as us paying 650k for crouch, except we dont have dunstan.

Why?

Because we will need to fill dunstans list spot with someone new on at least minimum wage (ie 100k)

So we aren't saving 450k x 3 offloading dunstan, we are saving 350k x 3 at best.

So that means we're still paying 630k a year for crouch, not 530k.

We aren't any better off, we are worse off- we are at the same cap position and dunstanless.

The crows would need to take both dunstan AND webster or roberton off our hands before it was worth our consideration
Not if list spots reduce

Adelaide wants something with the equivalent pick value of #20 + #21 + #22.
St Kilda is your only chance to get what you desire.
To date your tactics consist of threats.
I’d suggest you and your nuffie list management team wander off back to your own place and think about how you might incentivise the conversation.
Your #20 and #29 might be a good place to start.
You are aware that this poster is not actually part of the Adelaide list management team?

Hun have an article rating all the trades last year best to worst.

1st butler
2nd Doogs and Paddy
5th Zac Jones
14th Hill

In Gaggs we trust
and it wasn’t even flipping hard

They get a 20% discount for NGA and can also go into points deficit next year.
They can also trade players or future picks to bring in more points for this year if they need to.
I was being a little facetious.

Oh yeah, forgot the points deficit thing. Anyway, I’m sure they’ll have another top prospect next year. Heeney, Mills, Blakey and now Campbell. When will it end? Absolutely been gifted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's hoping common sense prevails and we get Crouch as a reasonably priced free agent and we trade for Higgins using picks acquired from Lonie/Dunstan/Webster trades. Then sort out some cheap KP/ruck depth and we're ready to have a crack at the top 4 in 2021. Easy!

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Long
C: Hill, Steele, Jones
HF: Billings, Marshall, Gresham
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Clark
Int: Battle, Hannebery, Higgins, Ross

If we lose Carlisle then go hard after Jack Payne who would be a perfect replacement. If we can't get him, make Tom McDonald the next target and if that fails go after Daniel Talia.

If we trade Ross then pick up a Will Brodie/Charlie Constable type for some depth in the middle.

they would be stupid to match. It means the end of first round pick disappears into the ether.

Far better to take that pick, then negotiate a pick swap with St.Kilda that may even involve a player such as Dunstan, that goes in their favour...

If done properly both clubs will be better off, because there are more picks in the mix

The question is whether the nuffies at Camry corner are smart enough to grasp this?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is this how the outgoings look presently?

Lonie > Bulldogs
Webster > Bulldogs
Ross > Bombers
Dunstan > Blues
Carlisle > Was Roos but now we've offered 2 years?
Roberton > Retired

FMD this place has developed Stockholm syndrome from all the crows dipshits coming in.

Why the absolute f*** would we trade our first for Crouch??
Unbelievable. .
There will be no saints trading their first for crouch. Will be 2 or both parties will walk....

But let's be real here, they have worked this out behind closed doors.... it's all just media play by both clubs to make sure we both get what we want while rorting the system, to make it look like both clubs played a fair hard game

There will be no saints trading their first for crouch. Will be 2 or both parties will walk....

But let's be real here, they have worked this out behind closed doors.... it's all just media play by both clubs to make sure we both get what we want while rorting the system, to make it look like both clubs played a fair hard game

I would've thought that, it could've worked very well for both... except all the Crows have done is threaten to match only to "force a trade" if they don't get pick 2... that isn't exactly smart negotiating behind doors, it's a public announcement about rorting the system. Complete dumbarses your bunch, I'm sorry to say mate. Everyone knows what it is now, the AFL won't be gifting pick 2.

I reckon we'd love Robbo from 4 years ago.

Unfortunately I can't see anyone else taking him on next year.

Surely his contract would have been heavily front loaded though you'd think.

Hopefully he comes good. Woukd slot nicely into Clark's position when he's busy winning Brownlows in the guts.
I doubt Roberton will get any offers , will most likely see out his contract then de-listed / only a year to go.
I would've thought that, it could've worked very well for both... except all the Crows have done is threaten to match only to "force a trade" if they don't get pick 2... that isn't exactly smart negotiating behind doors, it's a public announcement about rorting the system. Complete dumbarses your bunch, I'm sorry to say mate. Everyone knows what it is now, the AFL won't be gifting pick 2.
By all accounts the trade is basically done , reason being Ross , Dunstan are looking to move.

You've been reasonable and respectful so I'll be the same.

We here, honestly, don't care.

Our club is flying, our team is on the up, we absolutely destroyed the last trade period, and we're all in a good mood.

I can understand that it's a big thing on your board, but I've been there and to the main board and some of the stuff coming from your camp is tracking between delusional and serious mental impairment.

I'll say it again. We Don't Care.

We thought we were getting Caldwell, and since that bubble burst no one here gives a rats tossbag anymore, and it would be best just to leave us for the time being and come back once the deal is announced.

We don't care.

It really is kind of naive to talk about your "best 22" because it just doesn't eventuate all that often.

Going by minutes played, our best 22 (swapped Kent and Lonie with Hannebery and Gresham) was

FB: Wilkie Howard Paton
HB: Coffield Carlisle Long
C: Hill Ross Clark
HF: Billings Marshall Gresham
FF: Butler King Membrey
R: Ryder Steele Jones
I/C: Geary Hannebery Battle Sinclair

Between injuries, suspensions and form, this team missed a combined 59 games.

Honestly, we really need to think of our "starting team" as our first 25. Anybody beyond that are depth and developing players.
My thinking is for sustained success, you don't want too many older b graders clogging up spots and you obviously won't be able to afford many a graders to be playing in the reserves as depth. Draft in talented kids, if there are injuries they may get their chance. They need to get games to develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back