List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts the trade is basically done , reason being Ross , Dunstan are looking to move.

Are the Saints increasing Crouch's salary and looking at a winning lopsided trade with Dunstan to the Crows?
Or is this a seperate "fair" trade with the Crows regardless of Crouch's movement?

I'm still hoping something else shakes out , GWS is out of the question due to the amount of players they have lost , Treloars contract just can't be taken because it's too much and holding a player until he is 32 on big money just will hold us back - could Wines be wanting to move.

Looks like we're not going to bother with Crouch in the end which isn't a disaster, but a bit sad Adelaide weren't a bit smarter.

Next!

We are, but we aren’t lodging the paperwork on Friday while we finalise the deal. Code for quiet discussion with Adelaide about how both clubs will look after each other to make sure the deal works for mutual benefit.

We have a week to submit the free agency deal with the AFL.

Are the Saints increasing Crouch's salary and looking at a winning lopsided trade with Dunstan to the Crows?
Or is this a seperate "fair" trade with the Crows regardless of Crouch's movement?
I don't know what they have planned , they could walk away - but I fully expect they have someone lined up because why would Ross want out when he still has a year on his contract on good money and is still in our best 22 even with another A grade midfielder , they could well have another player but are not revealing it until trade period.

This draft is going to be a complete lottery. We are going to see a bunch of 3rd round gems from this crop.
Hope Libba and the team have done their homework.
Being a complete lottery implies doing your homework is next to irrelevant. Could be a good thing, clubs with a 10-30 pick may be inclined to trade more than they usually would. Makes for a fascinating trade period IMO. Sad that the FA period goes for 3 days longer than it should.

Can't wait for the 3 FA deals to get announced today only to be confirmed as unmatched next Friday, what a riveting week. Give clubs 1 day to make offers (friday), holding clubs 3 days to decide to not match then trade period starts on the the Tuesday. Get on with it!

Agreed. Would be great if the AFL cut down deadlines so clubs had to actually make decisions instead of just spending 6 days to the week chest beating.

Agreed. Would be great if the AFL cut down deadlines so clubs had to actually make decisions instead of just spending 6 days to the week chest beating.
It won't change. The AFL love it this way as it keeps the game rolling in the media for an extra month after the season ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's hoping common sense prevails and we get Crouch as a reasonably priced free agent and we trade for Higgins using picks acquired from Lonie/Dunstan/Webster trades. Then sort out some cheap KP/ruck depth and we're ready to have a crack at the top 4 in 2021. Easy!

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Long
C: Hill, Steele, Jones
HF: Billings, Marshall, Gresham
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Clark
Int: Battle, Hannebery, Higgins, Ross

If we lose Carlisle then go hard after Jack Payne who would be a perfect replacement. If we can't get him, make Tom McDonald the next target and if that fails go after Daniel Talia.

If we trade Ross then pick up a Will Brodie/Charlie Constable type for some depth in the middle.
I’ve thought Tom McDonald could be a Carlisle replacement option. Anyone reckon he could get back to his best at CHB?
I don’t watch Melbourne very often

I'm still hoping something else shakes out , GWS is out of the question due to the amount of players they have lost , Treloars contract just can't be taken because it's too much and holding a player until he is 32 on big money just will hold us back - could Wines be wanting to move.
vSMMSF2.gif

Very good point.

Pretty tough on Seb too. He was one of our best for our dark years and did all the hard work but we have to dump him because we have to pay Hill and Hanners a fortune for FA output for different reasons. If he's only on $650,000 then he's been pretty reasonable comparing what we have paid to guys like Dunstan.

I’ve thought Tom McDonald could be a Carlisle replacement option. Anyone reckon he could get back to his best at CHB?
I don’t watch Melbourne very often
Whenever I’ve watched McDonald play he seems big and slow, maybe he‘s not but that’s my impression.

He could probably play as a key forward but clearly Melbourne didn’t see him as up to the job at either end of the ground. He’s a pass from me seems better suited to the sanfl where it’s slower and you don’t have as many 200cm plus monsters.

Whenever I’ve watched McDonald play he seems big and slow, maybe he‘s not but that’s my impression.

He could probably play as a key forward but clearly Melbourne didn’t see him as up to the job at either end of the ground. He’s a pass from me seems better suited to the sanfl where it’s slower and you don’t have as many 200cm plus monsters.

He is big and slow but he’s already started his preseason trimming down weight. He’s already lost 3-5 kilos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that happens yes it will be a win for us but all we will hear is Saints are paying Couch 800k.

If a club like Carlton would trade for Dunstan we might get better value by not dealing with the Crows.

Crouch FA, no pick cost, $650,000x5 =$3.25 wages

Or

Trade 15 to Adelaide for 20 plus give them Dunstan for a pick outside pick 50. Pay Crouch $650x5 =$3.25 million. Lose $450,000 in Dunstan's 2021 wage.

Or

Pay Crouch $800,000+ x 5. No pick cost = $4 million in wages. Trade Dunstan seperately.

Dunstan is probably worth a pick around 30 IMO. Ready made contested mid and would give Carlton a cheap foil for Cripps. The Blues have 27 now which might be slight overs but likely to split their early pick so might get something closer. We get in pick 35 say and lose his wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back