List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One theory is that we pay a bit more for Crouch to achieve Band 1 and that Crows then give us something back.

I don't really buy the salary dump theory as Crouch deal would mean paying too much for 3 years and maybe 5. And if the player is Dunstan he is not on huge $ and his contract is only for 1 more year and so we would not be saving that much.

The benefit would really need to be in getting overs for him trade wise 1, 9, 22, 32, 39, 49, 55, 65, 79

Pick 22 is probably overs though not ridiculously so and 32 fair value. So if we got 22 that could be part of the deal. Though it could also be a cocktail of pick swaps.

Frawley was a very thinly disguised priority pick. No way the Dees should have got pick 2 for him.
Exactly but Melbourne were a rabble for years, Adelaide played in a GF a couple of years back, are one of the richest clubs in the comp and have had one bad year. They shouldn’t be thrown a bone.

Good keep him then
We really want him
Oh unless we can get pick 2
No one cares your club is sh1t and no one wants to be there, year after year players leave
For someone who wants to stay he was willing to go to Gold Coast last year , that is extreme for any player.
Also for a guy who was just busted for coke and having a history of injury problems do they really want him that much when they have a bunch of the same midfielders in the team.
The ball is in there caught , let them match and then we will go for another player who will cost the same amount in trade price with less baggage - Brayshaw could easily become available or even Hunter from the Dogs and there is talk about Wines , Heeney , Parker , Treloar so not getting Crouch is not the only fish in the see and there could be something even bigger.
I'm not happy that we will miss out on him , but in 12 months the list of very good midfielders coming off contract is huge - Merrett , Cripps , Bont , Oliver , M.Crouch , Laird , Josh Kelly , Gawn , Parker , Pendlebery , Sidebottom , Sheed , Zorko are all Free agents and there are a lot of good players off contract like Oliver , Tom Green , Hopper , S Bolton , Cerra , Andrew Brayshaw , Rayner , McClaggage.
So I really think the Crows would be sweating a lot more than what we are about signing Crouch.

It's been a few years since we got anything out of him. His one game he looked off the pace. He was a gun but I guess to me sentiment is something that we can't afford any more. I'd rather hold on to Savage than Webster and Robbo. He's the most resilient physically and can play other positions. stretch. Good idea to hold one though.
Posters talk about the optics of walking away from a trade well how’s Collingwood looking with trealor at present.

I’m not against moving Robbo on if that’s what he wants but if we can’t trade him we make the best of it. Players and managers pay attention to how clubs treat injured players and player welfare. We were fist pumping when he signed that contract it’s not as though he’s somehow let the club down, like paddy s**t happens and we look after our own.

One theory is that we pay a bit more for Crouch to achieve Band 1 and that Crows then give us something back.

I don't really buy the salary dump theory as Crouch deal would mean paying too much for 3 years and maybe 5. And if the player is Dunstan he is not on huge $ and his contract is only for 1 more year and so we would not be saving that much.

The benefit would really need to be in getting overs for him trade wise 1, 9, 22, 32, 39, 49, 55, 65, 79

Pick 22 is probably overs though not ridiculously so and 32 fair value. So if we got 22 that could be part of the deal. Though it could also be a cocktail of pick swaps.
The pick is probably less important than what we get for the pick (see the Bruce trade).
If we lose Dunstan for a pick and that pick got us Higgins I'd be fine with it.

Did anyone really think the AFL wouldn’t look after Essendon
The thing that worries me is how Carlton can waste 900k a year on Williams who really is only a proven halfback flanker and paying a reported 700k a year for another halfback in Saad - no way are they team changing additions and at the price is way over the top - surely Cripps would be pissed knowing he has given every thing to the club and they have brought in players that most probably trumps his contract - who knows he could say he wants out now before he a free agent next year.

Posters talk about the optics of walking away from a trade well how’s Collingwood looking with trealor at present.

I’m not against moving Robbo on if that’s what he wants but if we can’t trade him we make the best of it. Players and managers pay attention to how clubs treat injured players and player welfare. We were fist pumping when he signed that contract it’s not as though he’s somehow let the club down, like paddy sh*t happens and we look after our own.
There's no shades of mistreatment here. It's just market reality.

With the way we looked after Paddy, Stuv, Jill and Robbo to this point, our reputation on player welfare would be 1st class atm.

I know it’s a joke but I’m struggling to understand the lack of love for Robbo.

We had a big win recruiting a local boy coming home from Fremantle, he played great footy for us until his untimely illness. He’s done everything he can to get himself back, in fact more than most would have done and all with the clubs encouragement.

Yet here we are after the strangest season I can remember he’s somehow become a joke to be thrown away like yesterday’s chip wrapper. Let’s hope he has a big preseason and returns to something like his best football which would be very handy, if not he sees out the contract we were fist pumping he signed.

At the very least he’d be a great mentor at sandy and an example of how a good club looks after it’s own.
Quite simple to understand really. 5 games in 3 years = lack of love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no shades of mistreatment here. It's just market reality.

With the way we looked after Paddy, Stuv, Jill and Robbo to this point, our reputation on player welfare would be 1st class atm.
Exactly and I’d be willing to bet it’s helping along with a host of changes to make us a destination club.

Is it possible to give Crouch 4 x $800,000 with Adelaide paying part of his salary, say 4 x $150,000 ?
That way we get our man & Adelaide get their band 1, band 2, Band aid or whatever they’re after to patch the hole in their stinking sinking ship.
Or is that rorting the system?

Max King

Max King
Hope we demand neck beard and Laverde in return

Max King
Don’t want to see him go but six or seven first rounders should do it.

Max King
Maybe it’s Ben

Essendon; can go any King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back