List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just incorrect. You clearly don't know the full story here. Crouch does not want to leave us. But we don't want to give him 5 years. It's not that complex. And there is no animosity from either party. Both understand where the other stands and is happy to see how it plays out.
Mate he doesn't want to stay. You're kidding yourself if you think that.

I know it’s a joke but I’m struggling to understand the lack of love for Robbo.

We had a big win recruiting a local boy coming home from Fremantle, he played great footy for us until his untimely illness. He’s done everything he can to get himself back, in fact more than most would have done and all with the clubs encouragement.

Yet here we are after the strangest season I can remember he’s somehow become a joke to be thrown away like yesterday’s chip wrapper. Let’s hope he has a big preseason and returns to something like his best football which would be very handy, if not he sees out the contract we were fist pumping he signed.

At the very least he’d be a great mentor at sandy and an example of how a good club looks after it’s own.
Unfortunately he looked lost in his only game this year.

This is the year to sort out our over stocks of defenders though, and someone has to go.
Robbo
Jweb
Sav
Gears
Connolly
Clav

It won't be Gears or Connolly.

This is just incorrect. You clearly don't know the full story here. Crouch does not want to leave us. But we don't want to give him 5 years. It's not that complex. And there is no animosity from either party. Both understand where the other stands and is happy to see how it plays out.
Good keep him then
We really want him
Oh unless we can get pick 2
No one cares your club is sh1t and no one wants to be there, year after year players leave

Last edited:
For mine it has to be out of that first 3 who goes. Maybe 2 of them.
Agreed.

Sav is OOC,
Robbo has 1 year,
Jimmy has 2.

The problem is that none are currently best 22, and we still need to find out what Clav and Connolly are gonna give us.

I love Robbo, but I'd be keeping Jimmy if it were a choice.
He's cheaper, suits our needs better, and we'd get nothing for him anyway.

Loving the headline:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/523266

“Bombers massive win as Daniher becomes a Lion.”

No mention of what they missed out on by acting like absolute cabbages last year.

Key learnings... Joe doesn’t really care where he plays so long as he gets out of that absolute cesspool.

Named as an emergency on a number of occasions suggests that health wise he's considered OK to play. If that's the case then I wouldn't discard him.
As we all know though, the issue with Duncan is his contract size. Takes some pretty sharp pencil work to get a decent squad together when you have $650k tied up in someone who isn’t best 22. Even harder when you include the likes of Webster, Dunstan and DMac taking that total up towards $2M in money spent on depth players.

Loving the headline:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/523266

“Bombers massive win as Daniher becomes a Lion.”

No mention of what they missed out on by acting like absolute cabbages last year.

Key learnings... Joe doesn’t really care where he plays so long as he gets out of that absolute cesspool.
Did anyone really think the AFL wouldn’t look after Essendon

Surely there’s a simpler way to award compo like total contact $

> 3 mil - band 1
> 2.5 mil - band 2
> 2 mil - band 3
> 1.5 mil - band 4
> 1 mil - band 5

Move these numbers around a bit after some modelling, but remove the herbs and spices, maybe add a ladder position tax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how stuffing the Crows achieves this.

For the record I am quite happy to walk as I am not as excited as some on obtaining Crouch.

Last years trade period suggests we aren't sentimental or precious and just get s**t done, got unders for some players and got some bargains. Over paid for some but just let it balance out in it's entirety.

I doubt that they are going to get sucked into a clash of egos with the crows.

Yep going to be right up there with the chip frawley pick if they get pick two.

The whole system is a joke, it needs to be reformed but will the afl have the stomach for it. With everything else that’s happening at present I doubt it’s high on the to do list.

Frawley was a very thinly disguised priority pick. No way the Dees should have got pick 2 for him.

Last years trade period suggests we aren't sentimental or precious and just get sh*t done, got unders for some players and got some bargains. Over paid for some but just let it balance out in it's entirety.

I doubt that they are going to get sucked into a clash of egos with the crows.
Exactly. Once a player nominated us we get the deal done. That's why I'm comfortable with the Crouch situation.

Unfortunately he looked lost in his only game this year.

This is the year to sort out our over stocks of defenders though, and someone has to go.
Robbo
Jweb
Sav
Gears
Connolly
Clav

It won't be Gears or Connolly.
Things will sort themselves out, lots of late trades get done for late picks, our problem is we probably want to shift some contracted players and re-sign some that aren’t.

I know it’s a joke but I’m struggling to understand the lack of love for Robbo.

We had a big win recruiting a local boy coming home from Fremantle, he played great footy for us until his untimely illness. He’s done everything he can to get himself back, in fact more than most would have done and all with the clubs encouragement.

Yet here we are after the strangest season I can remember he’s somehow become a joke to be thrown away like yesterday’s chip wrapper. Let’s hope he has a big preseason and returns to something like his best football which would be very handy, if not he sees out the contract we were fist pumping he signed.

At the very least he’d be a great mentor at sandy and an example of how a good club looks after it’s own.

It's been a few years since we got anything out of him. His one game he looked off the pace. He was a gun but I guess to me sentiment is something that we can't afford any more. I'd rather hold on to Savage than Webster and Robbo. He's the most resilient physically and can play other positions at a stretch. Good idea to hold one though.

Last edited:
Jonathan Raymond Flamingo is the highlight of this whole thread. Absolutely love the guy.
Tbh prefer reading his posts over those debating the merits of public vs private schooling and American (or any) politics.
He, at least, makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back