List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saad apparently is worth pick 8. Ross is only 1 year older, more versatile (as seen this year), taken higher in the draft, dual B&F, AA squad I believe and contracted. Surely there is not much difference between the value of the two of them.
If we could get a high pick for him he would be out the door before he could get his bags packed.
[/QUOTE]

We want to make sure we get Treloar then otherwise Seb out for Crouch is a move sideways.

This is obviously a dream scenario, but it’s possible.

We COULD possibly walk out of this trade and draft period adding Crouch, Treloar, J. Higgins and then maybe a Perkins/Ford type with our first round draft pick.

The age demographic of our list is premiership ready, especially if we bring in Treloar- we are effectively saying our time is NOW with the age demographic of our midfield.

So here’s our age demographic by position below; a few things to note first.
- I’ve only included those who I think will be strongly challenging for a spot in the 22 to begin with, with a total of 25 players there.
- I’ve included Treloar and Higgins in addition to Crouch.
- I haven’t included Robbo, Savage, Webster, Lonie, Kent and Hind in the 25 players as they will either likely be traded, or only find themselves in best 22 contention in the case of injuries rather than form in my personal opinion.
- I’ve included Ross, although maybe he doesn’t stay at the club if Treloar does come through.
- A few positional things like including Clark in defence and Gresham up forward, although technically both are or could be midfielders if we need them to. If we strengthen our midfield by bringing in Crouch and Treloar then we have to get used players rotating forward or back more often. I think the days of having 3 permanent small forwards are over and it’ll just be Butler with two or three resting mid types like Gresh, Billings, Steele, Higgins etc. I’ve also listed Battle as a forward but who knows what the plans for him are.
- The ages are simply the age that they will turn next year. Important to note most of our guys like Billings, Gresham, Battle, Coffield, Paton, Long are on the younger side with birthdays around finals time. So while Billings is listed as 26 he’ll be 25 for most of the season. Furthermore, Steele and Marshall are also listed as 26, but they don’t turn even 26 until the season is over and in fact not even until pre-season training (they are both still 24 as we speak).

Defenders:
Geary (33), Carlisle (29), Howard (25), Wilkie (25), Long (24), Paton (23), Clark (22), Coffield (22)

Average age: 25.4 (without Geary: 24.3)

Midfielders:
Hannebery (30), Treloar (28), Ross (28), Hill (28), Crouch (27), Jones (26), Steele (26), Sinclair (26)

Average age: 27.4

Rucks:
Ryder (33), Marshall (26)

Average age: 29.5

Forwards:

Membrey (27), Billings (26), Butler (25), Gresham (24), Battle (23), Higgins (22), King (21)

Average age: 24

Highly rated and developing:
Bytel (21), Byrnes (20), Perkins/Ford (19)

This puts our list in seriously good shape. The next 4 years we can challenge and after that or along the way we will start to see drop offs/retirements from Ryder, Hannebery and Carlisle.

By this time we will still have most of our players in their prime and maybe towards the end of their prime, with guys like Crouch, Treloar, Ross?, Membrey, Hill as our new veterans in place of Ryder, Hanners and Carlisle.

Then we’ll officially be seeing the current group of youngsters in their peaks or approaching it such as Paton (27), Battle (27), Clark (26), Coffield (26), Higgins (26), King (25), Bytel (25), Byrnes (24), Perkins/Ford (23), along with guys like Marshall, Steele, Howard, Wilkie, Long and Gresham in the 28-30 range.

If we continue to manage our list right and develop our young boys well we have one of the best opportunities the club has had for a decade long crack at going deep into finals.

Last edited:
With Dunkley officially requesting a trade, I think Treloar will end up at the Dogs as his replacement.
It won’t be up to the pies where he goes, if he nominates us they’ll make sure he gets there. Treloar holds all the cards.. Pies don’t need to be satisfied they just need him off the books. Well at leasT 700K off the books..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we end up with Treloar on our list, I am equally excited and worried. Excited because we'll go from having an average midfield to one of, if not the best midfield in the competition when fit. But also worried, because that'll be four players soaking up nearly 3.5 million for the next 3-5 years. That said, I think we have to go for it. With Treloar, we would very seriously be in premiership contention.

And this talk of having to use a first this year for Ben King is not really accurate. I can’t see King leaving Suns anytime soon, and if he does I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to another Melbourne based club.
We want to use our first this year to bring in another talented kid, we have a very specific list plan which requires us to keep adding young talent through the draft, especially after missing out early last year.

Interesting Ghost. Do you think Bing has grown into his own man and likes the idea of breaking out of Winx's shadow? Or is it more about trade capital etc?

The romance of having both will always be there for us fans I reckon

This year we had 40 players, 4 rookies, 1 class B rookie.

So far we've cut 3 senior listed players, 3 rookies; and added 1 senior listed player.

Which leaves us with 38 senior listed players, 1 rookie, 1 class B rookie.

Assuming we need to take 2 draft picks then that's 40 senior listed players, 1 rookie, 1 class B rookie.

And it seems like all of those are going to be counted in the 38 except the class B rookie?

Which means at a minimum 3 more players have to go out, I guess.
If we pick up McKernan then 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back