Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How about two cups of dust?
If a deal gets done I'm sure it will be reasonable for both clubs. You'll get more than a future second.

Someone tweet Marlion Pickett and ask him what is a fair deal

Richmond are digging in,Higgins is a great footballer and we aren’t taking a cup of dust for him.

Late first rounder.

I'd be fine with this. Our first round pick isn't that high though. Will end up low 20's.

I also don't care about using the first round this year as I don't think we should chase Ben King.

Happy to just keep him.

Get him as fit as possible over summer and see how he goes. He's a better kick than Castagna and more physically involved than Rioli.

Just needs to get with the team program (can be a bit selfish at times) and I can see plenty of upside despite not being his biggest fan this year.

That would be totally fine by me.

We need to keep this year's first rounder so that we're able to either trade that, or next year's first, for a "big fish", and it's not worth losing that ability to get a "non big fish", like Jack. As much as he would be nice to get.

Yeah thats fine by us as well , Now tell your club he is contracted and not to approach contracted players with 4 year deals if they dont have the assets to get a trade done.

Typical saints want champagne on a beer budget

I'd be fine with this. Our first round pick isn't that high though. Will end up low 20's.

I also don't care about using the first round this year as I don't think we should chase Ben King.

Ben King is contracted until 2022 on pretty big dollars and will cost a crap load to get out of there, The way Stkilda are going in 2 years time the cap space is looking like getting maxed out with GC actually coming after Max with $$$ and Saints needing to pay to keep him.

thats not even mentioning the other players will all be wanting bigger cash watching Hanner, Hill , Crouch , Jones and now higgins who would be on around $500k to get him out of Richmond.

I don't agree with going after Ben King either, I'm not sure how he fits into our f50 with Max.

He would cost us a fortune picks wise.
I'm pretty sure GGS is going to be much better next year and he is the main man in their forward line and he's not going to be that if he comes here.

I don't agree with going after Ben King either, I'm not sure how he fits into our f50 with Max.

He would cost us a fortune picks wise.
I'm pretty sure GGS is going to be much better next year and he is the main man in their forward line and he's not going to be that if he comes here.
Ben King if he was to leave GC would be offered $700k+

No Chance St Kilda are going to fit 2 x Kings and the support crew they have on their list. Its dream and a foward line with 2 kings wont work imo

haha, can't fit 2 good players in the same fwd line said no one ever

200cm+ athletic marking forwards

if you guys haven't attended a training, get down there and watch Max, guys a freak, and what I've seen of Ben, he's no different.

No Chance St Kilda are going to fit 2 x Kings and the support crew they have on their list. Its dream and a foward line with 2 kings wont work imo

Yeah I don’t understand the fascination with this.

Other players/positions we need to fill before targeting Ben King.

Reminds me of when Saints fans wanted to get Lachie Weller because he was Mav’s brother.....

if you guys haven't attended a training, get down there and watch Max, guys a freak, and what I've seen of Ben, he's no different.

Max is a beast, but do we really need more great forwards when we struggle to get the ball to them?

Max King, Membrey, Butler, Gresham, Ryder/Marshall etc is a solid forward line for the future. Crouch + Higgins in the midfield is what we need right now, and we have a chance of making it happen. Bird in the hand, and all that.

The saints will not pursue Ben King. If he was to play at St. Kilda he would most likely have to play on a wing or as a defensive post.

The fact of the matter is that the Saints are looking to bolster the midfield and ensure that quality youth keep entering the system. Clubs chasing quick fixes almost always end up with huge age gaps on their list, which causes long term issues equating to bottoming out.

All the talk of a quick rebuild is a bit pie in the sky, whilst a club can be lucky in the draft, history suggests that a slow methodical list build is the only way to sustained winning football.

The saints will not pursue Ben King. If he was to play at St. Kilda he would most likely have to play on a wing or as a defensive post.

The fact of the matter is that the Saints are looking to bolster the midfield and ensure that quality youth keep entering the system. Clubs chasing quick fixes almost always end up with huge age gaps on their list, which causes long term issues equating to bottoming out.

All the talk of a quick rebuild is a bit pie in the sky, whilst a club can be lucky in the draft, history suggests that a slow methodical list build is the only way to sustained winning football.

Agreed. We're building nicely over this trade period and last trade period. The fact we were in the hunt for Higgins and Treloar with Crouch already in is evidence that we're looking to fill the right gaps.

That would be totally fine by me.

We need to keep this year's first rounder so that we're able to either trade that, or next year's first, for a "big fish", and it's not worth losing that ability to get a "non big fish", like Jack. As much as he would be nice to get.

I think you're used to having first round picks in the top 10 or so.

Jack is about as big a fish as you're likely to get with a pick around 20. The reason the top clubs focus on FA is they usually can't afford the trade for big fish otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he is a good player but not sure what being a freak has to do with this , Heard alot about freaks in the past doesn't always translate
But the point was that the 2 brothers play very similar games as fowards and thats not always the best foward set up.

Also 2 kings mean $2 mil of cap space in 2-4 years if they are the 'Freaks' that you mentioned

What people also need to remember with these things are that ben is signed for another 2 years and with that young group they have at GC now these boys will all be growing together and when they start winning their love for one another as well as the club grow also. and if they are getting looked after financially which Ben King will be i wouldnt be holding out hope to get him until he gets to free agency Lynch , Cameron , Daniher etc

Thats the best time for them to make their move and usually get overs from clubs with cap space. St Kilda had a good year and are looking like they will be up the top of the ladder for a while so what that means is . Salary Cap pressure will come.
Steele,Billings,Gresham.Crouch,King,Hill,Jones,Hanner are all on big deals then you will have the next group of Coffield , Clarke etc looking for major increases soon . Can see another $800k-$900k being available in 2 years time.

TPP hits all clubs when you start getting to finals regularly

We can let you have this bloke instead of Higgins if you like:
776B8895-ADED-4AFC-B87E-49D852D0BF52.jpeg
Not quite as tall as his brothers but you’ll get some change from 700K/year.

Late first should get it done.

Saints fans seem to have a problem understanding that Jack was injured with a calf injury for much of the back end of the season hence why he couldn't get back into the side. He's absolutely in our Best 26.

Seems to be ok when trying to value Dunstan (on the Dunstan thread) who has played once this season yet when its a player they are after can't seem to contemplate.

Bit of balance please.

Why even bother just let them keep Lonie

The trade will be either a future 2nd or 1st round pick swap and a future 2nd, I'd say the latter is very fair.

All of this "We are happy to just keep him" talk is ridiculous, both of these clubs simply get trades done when people are wanting in/out.

Pretty hard to attend training when locked down in melbourne , We at Richmond cant get into training as there are more people there than at some AFL games

The trade will be either a future 2nd or 1st round pick swap and a future 2nd, I'd say the latter is very fair.

All of this "We are happy to just keep him" talk is ridiculous, both of these clubs simply get trades done when people are wanting in/out.
Not according to Richmond, next years 2nd has already been knocked back
2021 + Gresham is what blair asked for

Well you see that would be a reasonable point of difference if it weren't for one thing. He is contracted. And owning that contract means that it does have meaning in relation to trade value if we say it does. Your club might not like it or even agree with it, but it's a reality St Kilda has to deal with if it's serious about getting Higgins to your club. More so as we don't actually want to let him go.

Or to put it another way as reigning double premiers we believe our fringe players are better and worth more on the trade table than a lot of your best 22 Which again would be simply a matter of opinion if it wasn't for that pesky contract thing. That said I hope St Kilda sticks to it's guns and continues to try to low ball us, because short of the saints offering us a deal to good to refuse (which your posters all seem pretty adamant is not going to happen) most of us are very happy for him to stay.
Yeah - great position of strength - "owning the contract" of a player who doesn't want to play for you.

Back