Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fringe player but yet couldn't get a game for most of the 2nd half of the season with Aarts, Castagna and Rioli all getting selected before him. Sounds like the perfect definition of a fringe player to me.

The thing about wanting our first rounder for Higgins means you'd want a Top 10 for Aarts, Castagna or Rioli. Now nobody would seriously suggest that!!!

Feeling generous - mid 2nd round equivalent.

Aarts or Castagna you could get for a 3rd round pick. Wake up to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not according to Richmond, next years 2nd has already been knocked back
2021 + Gresham is what blair asked for
tenor.gif

I don't agree with going after Ben King either, I'm not sure how he fits into our f50 with Max.

He would cost us a fortune picks wise.
I'm pretty sure GGS is going to be much better next year and he is the main man in their forward line and he's not going to be that if he comes here.

King is contracted on huge money (helped by 150k a year for "Ambassador" money) and wont leave until at least the end of 2022.

No another must be in the offing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaxons said last night that the deal is done.

Jaxons by the way stated that Crows would not match when the Saints lodged the paperwork and has called many deals before they went public.

How Higgins will become a Saint

Richmond is increasingly confident St Kilda is prepared to increase its offer from a future second round pick which will result in Jack Higgins becoming a Saint in 2021.
Higgins is now expected to be traded to the Saints by the trade deadline tomorrow night.
The Tigers are haggling over the deal not because they want maximum value but instead because they legitimately think Higgins can be a valuable team member of their side next year.
St Kilda is not prepared to give up its first round pick this year or next year but a swap of later picks could improve the deal for the Tigers.
Richmond and Higgins’ manager Paul Connors were confident on Tuesday night strong progress had been made on the deal.
Richmond was genuinely thrilled that Dan Butler was able make an impact at St Kilda last year apart from his slashing performance early in the year.
So trading Higgins to a club where Butler made such an impact will not be a disincentive in any way.

The Tigers will almost certainly bring in father-son Maurice Rioli jr, who will be tested by the AFL’s talent experts in Darwin later this week after quarantining on his way back to the Tiwi Islands.

This is typical of Richmond, their culture and an indicator of why they have won 3 out of four flags. You need the players to win the flag, of course, but you also need the culture and attitude.

The highlighted text above tells me just that. Hate the pricks when we play them, but as a football club, have plenty of respect.

Not calling it yet but Richmond have always been fair in trades with other clubs,putting culture first while other clubs poach and haggle.

The karma bus will look on us favourably.

If we get handed a bag of dust for Jack,I am sure we will turn that dust into gold dust.

Our team is loaded with rookie picks and learn to play the Richmond way.

I’m just rapt our club got him through the toughest thing in his life,his brain operation.

He might not have been here,a very risky operation, so every time I see him on the football field ,alive and well,I know our club played its part.

We will miss you Higgo.

Last edited:
Lloyd announcing on radio this morning that a gentleman’s agreement is done.
I believe it’s St Kilda’s future 2nd rounder.
Maybe some other sweetener.

wait and see upon announcement of trade I guess

This is typical of Richmond, their culture and an indicator of why they have won 3 out of four flags. You need the players to win the flag, of course, but you also need the culture and attitude.

The highlighted text above tells me just that. Hate the pricks when we play them, but as a football club, have plenty of respect.

^^ very well said and I totally agree.

I'd rather us humiliate Richmond on the field, rather than at the trade table. :)

Let's just get this trade done so we can start being awesome, and Richmond can continue to be awesome.

Not a fringe player but yet couldn't get a game for most of the 2nd half of the season with Aarts, Castagna and Rioli all getting selected before him. Sounds like the perfect definition of a fringe player to me.

The thing about wanting our first rounder for Higgins means you'd want a Top 10 for Aarts, Castagna or Rioli. Now nobody would seriously suggest that!!!

Feeling generous - mid 2nd round equivalent.
You may not rate Castagna and Rioli, but they have 3 premiership medals each which means Richmond rate them. Besides Higgins is well and truly in the mix but spent last season recovering from brain operations. At times he couldn't even stand up much less pull on his boots. Said he started the season with great trepidation, and you pot him for being behind certain players. Butler was a fringe player at Richmond also, but given a new role look now.

Higgins can play and he has significant upside, reckon he is worth a late first rounder. Richmond are not trying to offload him.

Lloyd announcing on radio this morning that a gentleman’s agreement is done.
I believe it’s St Kilda’s future 2nd rounder.
Maybe some other sweetener.

wait and see upon announcement of trade I guess
The other sweetener would be interesting.
Current draft order is

Richmond21, 36, 61, 79, 97
St Kilda17, 64, 77, 93

There would be no late pick swaps worth doing.

Not calling it yet but Richmond have always been fair in trades with other clubs,putting culture first while other clubs poach and haggle.

The karma bus will look on us favourably.

If we get handed a bag of dust for Jack,I am sure we will turn that dust into gold dust.

Our team is loaded with rookie picks and learn to play the Richmond way.

I’m just rapt our club got him through the toughest thing in his life,his brain operation.

He might not have been here,a very risky operation, so every time I see him on the football field ,alive and well,I know our club played its part.

We will miss you Higgo.

Two things on this post.

1) I doubt Richmond will get dust for Higgins. he is contracted for a start, but it seems the relationship between the Saints and Tigers is pretty good and the genuine goodwill towards Butler. Not saying it effects the actual trade, but there is certainly no bad blood, and nobody is out to 'ream' anyone else.

2) there is more to life that football. Richmond has shown they care for their players, young McKenzie and his mental health issues, Higgins and his physical issues. Saints with Steven's mental health issues, Roberton and McCartins physical issues. This is what a football club does when it is functioning.

I am sure you guys fret over losing Butler while watching replays of your three GF wins :p :p

Back