Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get by north..but wtf is going on a Collingwood....a 21 year old well seasoned player with pace to boot virtually given away .. i can't make sense of it .
Plus no indigenous players. Zero.

Pies probably have the worst list in the comp after this double giveaway

I remember when some Collingwood fans told me I was being hysterical and 'buying into media nonsense' when I said that they were in real trouble with their salary cap...this just affirms it.

Tend to agree there's got to be something more to this - you don't salary dump players like that otherwise. Hope we've done our research.

He's definitely well overpaid if the reports are true though.

Hypothetically, media reports all true, he'd be equal most overpaid at Collingwood alongside Cox and Phillips for performance. I do however have strong doubts on the Cox salary, whereas I can see Stephenson and Phillips getting what's reported. Grundy and Treloar behind but are at least guns in their prime. I'd rather keep all of Grundy, Treloar, De Goey and quite obviously Moore over Stephenson (and Phillips).

On that basis, he's the domino to fall.

Hoping that, plus some glandular fever, is the only issue there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies must have crashed the server a few minutes ago. Going to be fascinating to see the fallout in their footy department over this (esp if Treloar is told to walk the plank also)

The reaction ITT I have seen before... On the day there's a clear winner, but you reread old trade threads and it can read a very different story.

Not prepared to celebrate it as a win or condemn Collingwood just yet. Don't think it sounds like their management of trade week with their players was great, if it was hard for Stephenson to contact them, but he may still fall well short of his pick 6, Rising Star r haype.

Stephenson speaks well for a young man. North have effectively swapped out Brown for him, done well I think. Also helps he is the type Scott Clayton seems to love drafting. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back